Failed birthday plan

Nina and Anna gathered all of Adam's friends without his knowledge. They wanted to plan his birthday party.
"Okay so here's the plan," Nina said. "We would make preparations for it in the FunStuff Club while you guys think of a way to bring him over. He mustn't suspect a thing."
"Do whatever it takes," said Anna. "Kidnap him if necessary."
"We got this," Daniel confidently said. "Just see what we'll do."
"Good," said Nina. "I repeat. He mustn't suspect anything. Got it?"
"Woo yes I got it," Mathew said with a grin. "Got it, got it, yes I got it!"
Nina shook her head in annoyance.
The sisters had already cleared things up for the day of Adam's birthday party. Nina told her father that she cannot have any assassination missions that day.
"That's okay," Richard said. "Only for that day right?"
"Yes, Pa," Nina said. "Only that day."
Adam's best friends were having a major discussion as to how they would bring him to the party.
"I know!" James said excitedly. "We can ask him to dress up nice and then kidnap him!"
"How?" Mathew asked.
"Dude, there's like six of us," said Oliver. "We can easily kidnap him and bring him to the party."
"Yeah he'll surely feel threatened to see so many of us," said Lucas. "We better wear masks and cover our faces like bandits!"
"Yeah!" Liam chimed in. "We can even have fake weapons! My uncle is an actor, he has some fake switchblades and even fake guns that look so real and even sound real!"
"Ask him to give us a bunch," said Daniel. "We need a weapon each."
"Got it," said Liam. "I'll give him a call as soon as I get home."
"Wait one more thing," said Mathew. "Transport. How do we kidnap him without transport?"
"I'll bring my father's van," said Oliver. "He has one of those typical kidnapper vans. It's even black and it looks super sketchy."
"That old jalopy?" Lucas said doubtfully. "Are you sure it's not gonna break down midway?"
"Hey that van is our family treasure, okay?" Oliver said, a little hurt. "It can run for miles without breaking down!"
"Lets make sure that the 'miles' are more than fifty at least," said Mathew. "But I guess that old jalopy is our only hope."
"So it's settled," said Daniel. "Olly, ask your father to lend it and we're good to go."
"He won't mind," said Oliver. "We're free to use it."
"Great!" James said. "This should be fun! I'll provide the masks."
They all looked forward to their plan in glee. The day came and Daniel gave Adam a call.
"Hey, Dan!" Adam said, picking up the phone. "What's up?"
"Happy birthday, bro!" Daniel exclaimed.
"Thanks dude," Adam said.
"You got any plans for tonight?" Daniel asked.
"Nah man," said Adam. "Just gonna sit around tonight. My people already gave me a call and stuff so I'm free for the night."
"Great!" Daniel said. "Wear something nice. We're gonna take you out for dinner at a fancy restaurant."
"Wait what?" Adam said, surprised. "You don't have to, Dan!"
"Oh come on, Ad!" Daniel said persuasively. "We already paid for everything! Just come!"
"Okay okay I will," said Adam. "Where are we going?"
"To... uh..." Daniel said, trying to make up a name. "To... Poussin Poisson Nourriture."
"Eww doesn't that mean chicken and fish food?" Adam asked in disgust. "Who named that place?"
"I dunno, man," said Daniel. "But the food there is really good."
"Where is it?" Adam asked. "I've never heard of such place and I don't think I've seen it anywhere around here..."
"We'll take you there," said Daniel. "Wait at the bus stop near your house. We'll pick you up there."
"Okay..." Adam said, confused.
He got dressed and went to the bus stop just like Daniel said. He was waiting for them to pick him up and a take him restaurant that never existed.
He waited when suddenly, a large black van pulled up in front of the bus stop. Adam was confused but tried not to think much of it.
Then to his surprise, a group of masked men came out and grabbed him.
"What's going on?" Adam asked, confused. "Who are you?"
"Just get in," Oliver said, trying to speak in a gruff voice. "Get in or die."
"Who are you?!" Adam shouted. "Why are you taking me?!"
Liam pointed his fake switchblade at him.
"Get in," he said. "Or else this is gonna slit your throat!"
Adam gulped and stopped struggling. They shoved him in and closed the door with a slam. He was scared for his life and afraid that they would kill him.
He imagined them murdering him and sending his remains to his family back in England, all sliced and diced. He shuddered and even started to cry a little when thinking about his parents' reaction.
He turned around in the van to see if his friend had arrived. He hoped that Daniel would arrive before this van took off.
But to his dismay, no Daniel came. No one even passed the road.
The van started moving with a jerk. His friends kept pointing their realistically made fake weapons at him.
Adam was already imagining what his tombstone would look like.
Adam Wilson
27/12/1973 - 27/12/1993
A lively goofball that loved everyone
But was brutally sliced and diced
On his last birthday night.
Adam started sobbing as he imagined how his family members would react to his remains arriving on their doorstep.
He was wallowing in misery when suddenly the van came to an abrupt halt.
"What's going on?" James asked, trying to keep his voice disguised. "Yo why have we stopped?"
"I don't know," Oliver said, trying to start the engine. "It was okay even yesterday!"
His friends all groaned.
"Way to go, jerk!" Liam said, annoyed. "I told you it was a bad idea to bring this jalopy!"
"Let's just check the engine," Mathew said, getting out.
Three of them got out. Two of which that were holding onto Adam.
"Thanks a lot, Olly," Lucas said, annoyed. "Look what you've done!"
"Nina's gonna kill us," said Mathew.
"Wait wait this is a common problem," said Oliver, fixing something under the bonnet. "It would just take a second. Chill, guys."
"You're an idiot," said Lucas.
Daniel was the only one holding onto Adam. James and Liam were looking around to see if there was a cab.
"We're running late," Mathew said, looking around. "Ugh come on!"
"Wait I think I see a car," said Liam. "Blow this jalopy!"
Adam looked around. Only one guy was holding him down. He was holding a knife.
He read about self-defence techniques against a knife and tried to remember it.
Adam used his chance and punched Daniel in his face. He twisted the knife out of Daniel's grasp and got out of the car.
He ran away as fast as he can into the streets.
"Oi he's getting away!" Daniel said, getting out of the car and running after Adam. "Hey get back here, Adam!"
"Oh no he ran away," Mathew said, noticing what was going on. "He's gonna ruin our plan!"
He started running after his friends too.
"Adam come back, you idiot!" Daniel shouted, running after him. "You're gonna get us caught by the police."
"Wait up!" Mathew shouted. "Adam! Wait!"
Adam stopped and turned around after hearing the familiar voices.
"Daniel and Matthew?" asked Adam. "What are you guys doing?"
The two of them were breathless when they caught up to him. They tried really hard to catch up with Adam but they weren't fast enough.
Adam is a very fast runner since he was an athlete back when he was still in high school and he always made into the running team.
"We were planning a surprise for you," said Daniel, taking off his mask. "But it looks like you're gonna get the police on us..."
"Yeah, Adam..." said Matthew. "It's a birthday party. You better come with us, or else your girlfriend is gonna kill us..."
"Wait Nina actually planned this?" asked Adam, shocked. "That's so sweet of her, but is the kidnapping really necessary?"
"It was her plan after all," said Daniel. "Anyway, come with us, the party is gonna start."
"Are you sure?" Adam asked. "Parties don't involve switchblades."
"Look closely at that knife," said Mathew.
Adam did and even touched the blade. It was made of plastic!
"Seriously?" Adam said, annoyed. "You guys are so mean! You know, I even imagined you guys murdering me and slicing me up and sending my remains to my family in England?! I even imagined what my tombstone would look like!"
"You're an idiot," Daniel said, annoyed. "Come on, we have to go to that party!"
They went back to the van and were glad to find that Oliver had fixed the van up. They set off to the party venue.
Meanwhile at the party...
"What's taking them so long?" Nina asked, waiting impatiently. "Where are they? They aren't even picking up their phones!"
"I dunno," said Anna. "But the guests are all here. They're waiting too."
They finally arrived and Nina quickly ran to them. She was disappointed to find that Adam already knew about the party.
"I thought I told you that he mustn't suspect a thing?!" Nina said, annoyed. "Anyway, come on. The party has already started."
Adam and his friends told Nina what happened on the way.
"Seriously?!" Nina said, annoyed. "You guys over-did it..."
"Yeah..." said Lucas. "We shouldn't have done that..."
"Well it was James's fault!" Liam said, annoyed. "It was his idea!"
"But you're the one that suggested these ridiculous fake weapons," said Oliver, taking out his fake gun. "Like look at them!"
"It would have went well if your stupid jalopy didn't break down!" said James. "Like seriously, we told you!"
"You know I actually imagined them murdering me and brutally cutting my remains up before sending it to my family," said Adam. "I even imagined what my tombstone would look like."
"Oh my gosh, poor Adam," Nina said, annoyed with his friends. "Look what you've done to him!"
"Sorry..." they all said at once.
"We'll make it up to you," said Daniel. "We'll take you to Dingle to celebrate the New Year, okay? We will only be back next year."
"Yeah," said Mathew. "Sorry dude."
"Thanks guys!" Adam said, happy that his friends were gonna take him on a trip to Dingle.
"Guys lets enjoy the party," said Anna, coming to them with some drinks and snacks. "Here, have some."
One day before New Year's Eve, they set off in Oliver's van to Dingle. Oliver made his father send the van to the workshop to get it all fixed up for the trip.
Nina followed them. Adam was happy that she came along too. This was their first holiday together. Anna came too.
She came mostly because she had her eye on Adam. But for now, she's just pretending that she just wants to tag along with her sister.
The other guys didn't mind Anna coming because they had their eye on her.