Nina's Gifts

Steve laid on his bed, grinning at his phone. For some reason, Hwoarang had chosen this time out of all times to mock Jin with a meme. The two of them were pretty sure that their Raven-haired friend was fast asleep at the time and would be surprised at the number of messages when he wakes up.
Imagine their surprise when Jin entered the chat.
Steve snorted, even chuckling alone as he watched his two friends fight in text messages.
All of a sudden, a loud knock echoed through the room.
"Gah!" Steve almost fell off the bed in surprise. He gained his composure and heaved a sigh. "Who is it?"
"Steve, you're still awake?" Nina's voice came.
"Yeah, Mum," Steve answered. "What's up?"
The door opened and Nina stepped in, trying to be as quiet as she could. She even closed the door softly, as opposed to her usual p
"Steve, I need your help with something," Nina stated, almost nervously.
"What is it, Mum?"
"I feel like doing something nice for your father..."
Steve snorted. "All of a sudden? What's the occasion?"
"It was Husband Appreciation Day today and I totally forgot. I kinda feel bad now because... well, he has done lots for me, even abandoning his family at one point."
"Mum, he didn't abandon them. He outright forgot them, Mum. There's a difference."
"True..." Nina chuckled. "But he's still a good husband, and a good father too."
Steve frowned. He was close to his father, yes, but he rarely saw Adam as a father. More like a brother, due to the short difference in physical age.
"Actually, he's more like a brother," Steve chuckled. "That Arab dude thought we were brothers too. Ah... Rikubetsu was fun. Sleepless, but fun."
"That fight about the squirrel... by the way, do you have any idea on what we should do?"
"Mum, he's your husband... I don't think he confided in me when doing all of the... Yakushima stuff... back then."
"Oh come on, he still pulled you to that haberdashery, didn't he? Besides, you joined in with him in doing that stupid disguise that didn't work at all. It only worked the first time since we didn't recognise him. So please help?"
Steve sighed. "Mum..."
"Steve..." Nina persisted.
"Fine, we'll take care of it in the morning."
To his surprise, Nina briskly shook her head. "Nope. We should do something NOW."
"Now? Mum, it's midnight! Just take him out on a date or something!"
"Steve!"
"Just go to bed, Mum," Steve yawned, putting his phone on the nightstand. "We'll take care of it in the morning or something."
And with that, he laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket up to his face.
Nina sighed. "Goodnight, Steve."
"Night, Mum," Steve called back, briefly pulling his blanket off his face.
Nina smiled and left the room. She took a deep breath and entered her room. Of course, Adam was fast asleep, even snoring. Nina chuckled and got into bed next to him. She was slightly disappointed when he turned to her side and spooned her, snoring directly into her ear. But she was used to it by this point and peacefully went off to sleep.

***

Nina waited for the time when Adam finished his breakfast and left the room.
"Steve!" Nina whisper-shouted.
"Yeah?" Steve said through a full mouth.
"Are you free later?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you follow me to the mall?"
"Yeah?"
"You know his size, right? I wanna buy him some stuff. I'm not good with shopping for men."
"Yeah?"
"Can you stop saying that?"
"Yeah?"
"Argh!" Nina almost dumped her glass of milk at him.
"Chill, I was just messing with you," Steve chuckled, backing away slightly. "Alright, what time do you wanna go?"
"Now?" Nina shrugged.
"Now? Mum, we barely just woke up."
"Good thing too."
"We haven't even showered."
"Good thing too."
"I stink and so do you."
"Good thing too."
"Mum, are you for real? We're both smelly."
"Good thing too."
"Cut it out, it's annoying, Mum..."
Nina smirked. "Good thing too."
"Argh!" This time, Steve was the aggravated one.
"What are you two talking about?" Adam suddenly entered, seeing how Steve was exasperated with his mother for some reason.
The mother and son immediately straightened themselves. "Nothing!" Steve quickly said.
"Are you sure? It sounded kinda heated..." Adam playfully frowned.
"The only heated thing in here is this glass of milk," Nina shrugged, taking a sip of her warm milk. "Anyway, you got any plans for today?"
"I'm going out," Adam shrugged. "With the guys."
Nina and Steve exchanged smirks.
"When will you be back?" Steve asked.
Adam frowned thoughtfully. "Not sure. Around three or four, maybe?"
"Take your time," Nina grinned. "Been a while since you went out with them, don't you think?"
"Umm... I only went out with them yesterday, Nina," Adam shrugged.
"Oh..." Nina smiled sheepishly. "Okay, then."
Adam snorted, kissed her, and went upstairs to get changed.
"Steve, go get ready," Nina said before downing her milk.
"Do I need to shower or not?" Steve smirked.
Nina rolled her eyes. "Do whatever you want."
Steve grinned and went to the kitchen to put his breakfast plate away before going upstairs to get ready.