Holiday in Rikubetsu: Part 1

"What's it like in Rikubetsu?" Sugie asked as they boarded the Mishima Zaibatsu plane. "Shasha, tell me!"
"Mommy, I've never been to Hokkaido myself," Shasha admitted. "Xiaoyu did, though..."
She looked over at Xiaoyu, and saw her making a fuss of Jin.
"I don't think it's a good idea to ask her," Shasha chuckled. "But I don't think they went to Rikubetsu the last time..."
"Where did they go?" Sugie asked, whipping out a bag of snacks she got from Lee's kitchen.
"Asahikawa, I think," Shasha said, stealing some of her mother's food. "Also, did you steal that from Lee's place?"
"No, I didn't steal them, I got them with permission!" Sugie frowned. "I asked for them, and I got them!"
"Yeah okay, can I have some?" Shasha said, digging in the bag of little cookies. "They're really good."
Meanwhile, Hwoarang snuck up to Xiaoyu. He whispered something to her, and pointed towards Jun. The young girl grinned and immediately went to her, leaving the smirking Hwoarang behind. He took her place and started messing about with Jin, much to his dismay, but much to Steve's amusement.
"So Kazama, are we go to Dosanko Plaza?" Hwoarang asked with grin. "And can we meet that cooking show lady?"
"First of all, Dosanko Plaza is in Singapore," Jin rolled his eyes. "Second of all, Dosanko is the Hokkaido Pony horse breed. Third of all, no!"
Steve started laughing, stealing some cereal from his father's packet.
"But I wanna go!" Hwoarang pouted playfully.
Jin groaned. "Steve, tell him."
"I dunno, Jin," Steve chuckled. "Why don't you tell him instead?"
"Yeah tell me, Kazama!" Hwoarang grinned.
Jin sighed. "Why on earth did we even bring you?"
"Because I helped you with Auntie's birthday!" Hwoarang grinned mischievously. "Also, why are you so sour? We're going on a trip!"
"In our favourite rocket ship!" Xiaoyu added with a grin.
"Zooming through the sky," Shasha chuckled, remembering the cartoon she watched as a child.
"Little Einsteins!" Everyone besides Jin continued.
"Why are you guys so childish?" Jin sighed, a hand travelling up to his forehead.
"Oh come on, Grandpa!" Hwoarang chuckled, shaking the other man by the shoulders. "You should loosen up!"
"You have no idea what kinds of stunts he pulled back when he stayed over after the last time he went to Hokkaido," Steve chuckled. He smirked and gave the raven-haired man a nudge. "Hey Jin, want me to tell him?"
"About what?" Jin asked, slightly confused.
"Snow globe, with Snow Castle, and King George Island's theme from the first tournament playing in a loop," Steve smirked. "How about it?"
That was enough to make Jin remember the night they cleared things out with Claudio. He sighed and surrendered.
"Steve, please don't do that," Jin said. "You're my friend right?"
"This. Is. Gold." Hwoarang said, laughing at his phone. "Steve, you should be honoured! Your boss is begging you to keep it a secret. EVEN WHEN IT'S ALREADY OUT!"
"You beast!" Jin exclaimed in a demonic voice, turning back to the blond man with a snarl. Tattoo markings started appearing on his forehead, together with horns growing out from the sides of his head. "Kyōfu wo oshiete yarō!"
Hwoarang calmly rested his elbow on Jin's shoulder. "You do know that it's gonna take more than that to scare us, right?"
"I'm enjoying this," Kazuya said, joining in with Adam. "Also, you better stop doing that, Jin. Your shirt's gonna tear. And you might destroy your precious plane."
"Fine..." Jin sighed, the tattoos and horns disappearing. Jun smirked from where she sat, talking to Xiaoyu. Jin smirked and turned back to Steve. "Thank my mother, Kazama Jun."
"Yeah right, I'm the one that stopped you this time, not Jun," Kazuya shook his head, amused. "So thank his father, Mishima Kazuya. Anyway, see ya. I'm gonna go see if Excellent and Lars have anything better to do."
He got up and went towards his brothers, who were laughing about Kazuya's silly times as a child.
Jin then had to stop him from destroying the plane.
"All I can say is, I'm grateful they've gotten ahold of themselves," Shasha said, shuddering as she turned away from the Mishimas' havoc. "Anyway, when's this plane landing?"
"In ten minutes," Steve said, coming to them. "I think I'll leave Hwoarang to deal with Jin. That's the right guy for him."
"What actually happened?" Shasha asked when he sat down next to her. "Like... suddenly he just went berserk..."
"I honestly have no idea," Steve said, shrugging. "I'm just glad Jin managed to stop him before he could damage anything."
"Eh I don't think Auntie would let him destroy anything," Shasha chuckle. "I just wanna land. I know this flight isn't even that long, but it's still tiring nonetheless."
"I have to agree," Steve said, taking some of the tiny cookies from Sugie. "Impersonating Claudio wasn't fun..."
"You impersonated Claudio?!" Shasha repeated in shock. "Oh my gosh, why didn't I come in earlier?!"
"Mom actually took a video of it," Steve sighed. "You can go ask her if you want."
Shasha grinned and rushed towards Nina.
"Can I have the video about Steve's Claudio?" Shasha grinned. "I wasn't early enough to see it!"
Nina smirked and reached for her phone in her pocket. She sent her the video through the plane's WiFi. Shasha smirked at her own phone and thanked her before going back to her mom and Steve. She nudged her mom and showed her the video. They couldn't actually hear much of what Jun and Steve said, because all they could hear were Nina and Adam, mostly the latter, laughing in the background.
"Yeah, all I can hear is Dad's hysterical laughter," Steve chuckled, watching the video with them. "It was dumb, wasn't it..."
"It would've been epic if Auntie wasn't a psychic," Shasha chuckled. "By the way, is that a real gun?"
"No..." Steve said, laughing as he remembered how Adam reacted when Nina pointed the false gun at him. "It just makes a sound. You should've seen Dad's face when Mom pointed it at him."
"I think I can already imagine..." Shasha laughed.
"Nina, show me too," Harper smirked. "I wanna see what Steve did."
"Grandma!" Steve retorted in horror. "Mom, please! Don't show her!"
"Oh come on, Steve," Jacob clapped his shoulder. "What's wrong with us seeing it?"
The plane finally landed at the Kushiro airport, and they collected the rental. Shasha and Sugie were to follow Nina and her family. It was quite a big car, but it managed to fit everyone. Anna and Lee were taking their own suite with Lars, Alisa and Hwoarang since the Mishimas' suite was a little crowded, considering how Xiaoyu was staying with them.
"How long do we drive from here?" Shasha asked, almost hitting her mother—and Nina, who sat in front of her—when she stretched her arms. "Whoops... sorry."
"About an hour," Adam said from the front, driving the Toyota Rush. "Brace yourselves, people."
Shasha groaned. "Another hour. Plus one hour earlier, and seven hours from Malaysia. Well... I hope there aren't any plans for today."
"Thankfully, there aren't," Nina sighed. "Everyone's just as tired out, especially because of the party. We really led Jun on a proper wild goose chase yesterday, didn't we?"
"We did," Steve chuckled. Then he sighed. "Why doesn't anyone do surprises like that for me?"
"Don't worry, I'll rig something up in the next chapter," Shasha whispered to Nina. "After all, I haven't been updating this book as much as before."
"Great, it's about time," Nina smiled. "Anyway, the two of you are taking the last room, right, Shasha and Sugie?"
"Yes," Sugie said. "The one with two single beds."
Shasha heaved a sigh of relief.
"I'm taking the living room," Steve grinned back at them from the front. "The foldable bed and centralised air-con all to myself."
"No, there's an extra mattress, and you're pulling it to our room," Harper added, poking his shoulder from the back seat.
"Congratulations!" Adam said rather comically.
"You sound like the KOF announcer," Shasha laughed from the third row.
"Nah, actually I don't mind," Steve smirked, giving his father a nudge. "There's a lot of space in your room, right?"
"Yeah," Jacob said. "Looked like it in the picture."
"Oh boy... this trip is gonna be fun!" Shasha exclaimed.
"Our first trip with the Mishimas," Nina said. "The last time, Kazuya and Jun, Anna and Lee, and the two of us went on our honeymoon..."
"I say it's gonna be amazing, travelling in a big group like this," Shasha grinned. "Right, Mommy?"
To her surprise, her mother was fast asleep.
"Honestly, I always wondered how she could sleep, even when there's a speaker blasting in her face," Shasha sighed, scooting away from her slightly. "But somehow manages to wake up in time."
"And then there's Dad," Steve smirked. "You have no idea how much I suffered to wake him up during Mother's Day."
"Did you use that Van Halen song I sent you?" Shasha asked with a cheeky grin.
"That's the only thing that can wake him," Steve laughed. "Right, Dad?"
"It throws me out the window," Adam said, slightly annoyed. "Why did you send him that song?"
"For fun," Shasha giggled.
"Nina literally set it as her alarm just to annoy me," Adam sighed. "And she puts her phone between our pillows too."
"I just hope the poor phone doesn't get crushed in the middle of the night," Shasha chuckled.