Jun's June

In honour of the month June, I would like to write a chapter about Jun's birthday. I'm not sure which part of June her birthday is, but I pretty sure it's in June. I hope you like it!

"I can't believe you forgot Mom's birthday," Jin uttered in disgust.
"What, I had a lot on my hands!" Kazuya argued with a frown. He turned to his half-brother, who decided to stay out of it and was drawing on his tablet instead. "Lars, tell him!"
"How did I get sucked into this suddenly?" Lars rolled his eyes, putting his tablet down on the table after turning it off.
"Lars..." Kazuya said, almost pleading.
"Fine," Lars sighed. He turned to Jin. "He had a lot on his hands."
"Why?" Jin raised a brow.
"Because... Heihachi..." Lars shrugged. "And the Devil Gene."
"Then what did I do since I was fifteen?" Jin pointed out. "I lived with Heihachi too, with the Devil Gene."
"Oh? And when was the first time it was activated?" Kazuya asked with a smirk.
"When I was fifteen," Jin smirked.
"I was five," Kazuya pointed out. "He killed my mom, he threw me off a cliff. I clearly had more problems than you, amiright?"
Jin sighed. "Fine, you win. But that's still no reason to forget Mom's birthday!"
Kazuya simply glared at him. Jin turned to Lars, who simply shrugged.
"I'm sick of playing peacemaker for the two of you," Lars sighed, picking his tablet back up. He grabbed his stylus pen and continued drawing something on the screen. Kazuya peeked at it and laughed, making Lars panic. He quickly hit the home button. "What do you want?"
"I saw that," Kazuya smirked. He turned to Jin and grinned. "Jin, Lars did it too."
"Did what too?" Jin asked, slightly confused.
"He scribbled Heihachi's photo," Kazuya smirked. "Looks like it runs in the family."
Jin snickered and grabbed Lars's tablet. He opened the drawing app and burst into laughter. Lars tried grabbing it again, but Kazuya held him off.
"It's not a big deal, Lars," Jin chuckled. "This just proves that the Electric Wind God Fist is not the only thing we inherited from Heihachi. We also inherited the love of scribbling our old men's photos."
"Wonder if Heihachi did that to Jiisan too..." Kazuya wondered. "Well, if he did, I don't think it would be digital."
"We'll go dig it up later in Heihachi's stuff," Jin smirked. "Got all of them transported to the storeroom down the hall."
The two of them grinned and rushed out of the room. Lars slapped his forehead and went after them.
"Guys, I thought this was about Oneesan's birthday?" Lars asked, confused. "But you guys are more interested in Heihachi now."
The two of the, shrugged, and sat on the living room sofa.
"So what do we do?" Kazuya asked with a shrug. "I know, we need to make it grand. We didn't celebrate her birthday well last year. In fact, I wasn't even here at the time."
"He's got a point," Lars nodded. He turned to the younger man. "Jin, any idea?"
"No," Jin frowned. "Which only leaves us one place to go."
"Where?" The two others asked.
Jin smirked.

"NINA!" Jin yelled as soon as she answered the call. "I NEED YOUR HELP!"
"For the hundredth time, stop shouting over the phone!" Nina said in an annoyed tone. "I know you're my boss, but still, Jin, I'm as old as your mother! Show me some respect for that at least!"
"Fine fine," Jin smirked. "We're coming over."
Nina panicked. "Now?!"
Her gaze swept the living room and saw Steve, Adam and Hwoarang sprawled onto the sofas, watching tv with spaghetti stains all over their clothes. Steve and Adam insisted on cooking lunch that day, but failed miserably when Adam accidentally dropped the ladle into the sauce, making the red liquid splash onto him and Steve. They still got a tasty lunch, though, and Hwoarang insisted on cleaning up.
At least, that's what he said, because it seemed more like he was playing with the mess instead, leaving the kitchen with his shirt stained red. He still got the job done, though.
"Yeah, now," Jin said. There was a honk on the background, followed by Kazuya muttering an insult at a reckless driver. "We're on the way."
"Okay," Nina hung up and groaned loudly.
She made her way to the guys, who were still sprawled on the sofas, the definition of a mess.
"The three of you, go get changed right now!" Nina ordered. "Jin is on his way!"
"Chill, auntie, it's only Kazama!" Hwoarang lazily stated. "It's not like he has ever seen us in our worst, right?"
"Yeah, mom!" Steve said, just as lazily. "We literally saw him in pyjamas once."
"His whole family is coming," Nina reasoned.
"Still, I don't see any reason to change," Adam shrugged. "You know they consider family, right?"
Nina sighed. "At least clean up. The table's full of junk."
Indeed it was. Most of it was Hwoarang's doing. He dumped whatever trash onto the table.
"Hwo, it's all your junk," Steve said, sitting up with a yawn. "You clean it up."
"Hey, I cleaned up your mess in the kitchen," Hwoarang pointed out. "I wiped it with my shirt!"
"No one asked you to use your shirt when there were nice clean rags, neatly rolled up and stacked, right next to the sink," Steve said, shaking his head in disgust. "You could've used one of those instead, right?"
Hwoarang scowled and looked down at his orange shirt. "I was just lazy, alright?"
"Yeah, whatever," Steve said, getting up. He went towards the wastepaper basket near the television and brought it back. In one go, he pushed all the trash into the basket. It was a good thing Hwoarang retrieved his phone. "There. It's not rocket science."
Hwoarang stuck his tongue out at him. Adam burst into laughter when Steve did the same thing too.
The doorbell rang and Nina grabbed the keys. It was definitely the Mishimas since they could see Kazuya's white Audi waiting in their driveway.
"I'll go open the gates for them," Nina said, going towards the front door. "At least get changed. You look like you just killed someone."
"It's spaghetti sauce," Adam said, examining his shirt.
"Tell that to someone who doesn't know," Nina rolled her eyes and made her way outside.
Nina went outside and unlocked the electric gates. Kazuya drove in and parked in her porch. The three men came out and grinned at Nina.
"What's this actually about?" Nina asked. "Nothing about work, I hope. It's Saturday."
"No no, nothing to do about work," Jin said, grinning. "It's something else."
"What is it?" Nina sighed. "Something tells me I'm not gonna like this."
"Oh no, you will," Kazuya said with a grin. "It's about Jun's birthday."
"I should've known," Nina laughed. "Come on in."
They went in and saw the three guys, now wearing sweaters and coats to cover their stained shirts underneath, standing as if nothing happened. Nina shook her head and invited them to sit.
"Kazama!" Hwoarang greeted with a grin.
"Hey Hwo," Jin greeted with a smirk. "What's with the sweaters? It's almost summer."
They just shrugged. Nina left to bring them something to drink.
"What's that?" Steve asked, pointing to the plastic bag that Jin carried. "Also why are you guys here? It must be important, considering that all three of you are here."
"Mom's birthday is coming up," Jin said, handing him the plastic bag. "We brought doughnuts."
Nina returned with a bag of sodas and joined them.
"So what's the plan?" Nina asked. "Is there even a plan?"
The three men shook their heads.
"We're blank," Kazuya sighed. "Any ideas? After all, you know Jun longer than me."
Nina chuckled. "But you're her husband!"
"You were her best friend," Kazuya countered.
"Actually, she was closer to Michelle at the time," Nina said. "Not much with me..."
"But still, you know her better than Kazuya," Lars chuckled. "This idiot even forgot his own wife's birthday."
"Surprisingly he remembered mine," Jin said, almost to himself.
"I actually remember, but forgot, okay?" Kazuya retorted. "Never mind. What should we do?"
"A party in the banquet hall seems like a good idea," Nina shrugged. "We make it super confidential."
"Yeah," Steve agreed. "Don't tell her anything about it."
"But how on earth do we... set her up?" Kazuya shrugged.
"This ain't a date..." Lars shook his head.
"I mean, how do we bring her without suspecting?" Kazuya asked.
"Leave that to me," Jin said with a smirk. "Now, we plan on the food and stuff."
They prepared for Marshall to do the catering services since they were technically craving for his food.
"We need to tell Lee about this," Lars said.
Kazuya's eyes widened, his mouth agape.
"I have a better idea," Kazuya said with a grin.