Chapter One

"Welcome to the Avengers Tower," said Tony Stark, a grin on his face as he showed you the lobby of the tower. "Technically it's mine, but you know, gotta look after the mess that is the team," he was totally selling them out. He had such a huge ego. How Ms Potts dealt with him you had no idea. You probably would have murdered him by now. Which wasn't good, since you had been an assassin. Before Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton found you, and took you into the avengers. If they hadn't been so kind, you probably would be dead right now.

"Okay great," you said, "I thought Stark Industries owned this place?" you weren't currently up to speed on the new events. You had been kept undercover as an assassin, so you were trying to adjust to new life before you had been taken as a prisoner and turned into a weapon. So you were reading news articles right now. And Tony had a huge company, and he kind of like funded the avengers?

"The tower is thirty floors high," said Tony, "Stark Industries only owns the first ten floors," you nodded and took in the lobby of the tower. At the back of the tower there were two elevators, in between was a panel with a virtual layout of the tower for people to find their floor. The whole ground floor was glass windows, and you could see the whole of New York, or the streets of New York. There was a huge front desk, with many computers for his employees. The Stark Industries employees were wearing badges that they had to scan every five seconds to go anywhere.

To the left of the entrance, there was a waiting area, where a few different people sat waiting. There was a huge white rug on the floor, and leather black chairs gathered round a glass coffee table. Huge coffee machines were on the back wall, with thousands of different options. It was so fancy, and it must have cost him a fortune.

"Wow this place is gorgeous," you said, Tony was currently adding your facial recognition and fingerprint to his security system. "The avengers are lucky to live here," you hadn't had the best living conditions, what with being a captured assassin, held against your will, that kind of stuff. Anyway. Tony didn't respond to you, he was cursing at the computer. Tony Stark, tech genius, couldn't work his own computing system. You shouldn't laugh.

"Okay Miss Y/L/N," said Tony, "My system has cleared you, so we're good to go," you followed him to the elevator, when Tony's phone-like watch sent a notification. "Shit i forgot," he said. "We have another assassin on the way,"

You were very confused. Another assassin? "Huh?" you asked him, as he turned to the entrance of the tower. You followed him out to the front of the tower, and the sidewalk of the street. It was really busy, and it made you feel claustrophobic. A sleek black Mercedes pulled up in front of you and Tony. Inside, Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers were sat in the front, the back windows of the car were blacked out, but you were assuming someone was inside. "Hey Tony," said Nat, rolling down the window, "Oh Y/n , I didn't realise you were moving in," she smiled before opening the car door.

Steve and Nat got out of the car, and the back door opened. A tall, muscular guy emerged from the car. His chestnut brown hair was shoulder length and greasy, hanging around his face, which was covered by a black baseball hat. He was wearing a dark green jacket over a black shirt and leather gloves were covering his hands. "Hey snowman," said Tony from beside you.

"Tony," said Steve, like he was sick to death of Tony's shit. Which was probably true. He seemed like the kind of person who could be annoying after a while. "This is Bucky," the guy looked up from the floor. And when your eyes locked on his for a split second, your breath caught in your throat. You looked away. This man was beautiful, and you'd only looked into his eyes for a second and he'd taken your breath away. You needed to chill out. Tony rolled his eyes and went back into the tower, you followed behind.

You went up to the twentieth floor, in silence. The inside of the elevator was just as fancy as the lobby of the tower. The back wall was a mirror, and the Stark logo was huge on the left wall. The doors of the elevator opened onto a living room, huge grey sofas were gathered round a cinema screen sized tv, and a glass coffee table. Bookshelves and storage lined the left wall, but the rest was windows. There was a white rug on the dark wooden floor, and white pillows and throws were on the sofa. It was one of the most gorgeous rooms you'd ever been in. And you would say it was tidy, if there weren't different mugs and plates everywhere.

The other side of the room was the kitchen. Dark wooden cabinets and a kitchen island. It was all new kitchen gadgets and technology. There were different boxes of food, and empty pans laying around. It was so fancy. There were eight different stools around the island. It was so beautiful. You'd never had a home like this ever. And now you were going to be living here. "This is the twentieth floor, below are rooms, above is the meeting room, the twenty second floor is the gym and training, twenty third is the lab, twenty fourth is the jet landing and equipment storage, twenty fifth is my floor, because I'm extra, twenty sixth floor is the pool, yes there is a pool in my tower," Tony was speaking so fast, it was all going over your head. You could hardly concentrate.

"Yeah," you said, "Thanks,"

"Okay come on, I'll show you to your room," said Tony, "It's the spare floor, well it was, now your with metal man and the other guest room is up there, so if anyone else moves in that will be their room, but yeah," you smiled gratefully.

Tony opened the door to your room, it was gorgeous. The far wall was basically just windows, that Tony showed you that you could adjust them so they didn't let in light. Very fancy. The other walls were painted a soft amber colour, matching the dark wooden floor. The black wooden bed frame was against the left wall, with dark green bed sheets. The right wall was mirrored wardrobes, with tonnes of storage space. In the middle of the floor was a grey rug. There was a small dressing table against the wall, with perfumes on. It was the most gorgeous room you'd ever been in. "Tony thank you," you said smiling, "This is amazing,"

"No problem," said Tony, "Get settled in, see you around okay," you nodded and he closed the door behind him. You sat on the bed, it was like a cloud. The room was so beautiful, you couldn't believe that you were living here. Hearing a knock on the door, you walked over and opened it.

"Hi," said the tall blonde that you'd seen earlier that day, "I'm Steve," you knew his name, he was Captain America. Seeing him up close, and not being distracted by Tony's just general being annoying, he was really beautiful. His eyes were bright blue, with a hint of green in. He had blonde hair that flopped over his eyes, and he was wearing a tight shirt which was clinging to his muscles. He had a beautiful smile which made your heart melt.

"Yeah hi," you said, trying not to pretend that you were totally crushing on him, which was weird since you had been left breathless by whoever was with him less than fifteen minutes ago, "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you,"

"Yeah, sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm making sure my friend is okay," said Steve, he was such a gentleman, it was adorable. "Anyway, I'll see you around,"

"Yeah," you said, smiling. Steve walked back to the elevator. You gazed after him, before shaking the thought from your head. Tony Stark had just let you live in his tower, you should not be crushing over two of the guys here already. You closed the door and sat back on the bed, looking out over the city.

Authors Note ❤: Hi lmao. This is random 2am inspiration, and also my problematic attraction to both Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. 😌💞