Chapter Twelve

Tony was throwing another party. For Thor's arrival or something? He was back from Asgard? You were confused, you'd never heard of Asgard before. Or The God of Thunder. But cool I guess. "Okay so the party starts at seven," said Tony as he came into the kitchen. You were sat at the table, drinking water after training with Steve. Who had gone back to Shield Headquarters (again) to check the file write up of his latest mission.

"So it's just your thing to throw parties?" you asked him, "Like all the time? Should I expect this a lot?"

"Yes," said Nat and Wanda in unison. You nodded, laughing a little as Tony rolled his eyes. You noticed Bucky come into the room and sit quietly in the corner on an armchair. He was looking at his phone, avoiding eye contact and facing away from everyone else. On the rare occasion Bucky left his room this was exactly how he acted. Unless he was with you, then he would send you glares and gently touch your waist as if to tease you. It pissed you off more than anything.

Remembering that you probably looked like you were staring at Bucky. Which you weren't. You looked away. Wanda raised her eyebrows at you, and you narrowed your eyes in return. "I wasn't," you stated, crossing your arms.

"That's what someone who was would say," she responded, you rolled your eyes, "I never even said that you were, you automatically decided to respond with the fact that you weren't making me even more suspicious of the fact that you were," you sighed before getting up to leave, noticing Bucky turn his head to look at you. Noticing, you smirked in response.

You left the kitchen, heading back down to your room. It was only midday so you decided you would head out for a run before getting ready for Tony's party and meeting Thor for the first time. From what you heard he got mad at people who ate the pop tarts (side note not to eat them while he was around) but was a great guy. And wield a hammer that only worthy people could pick up. Sounded like bullshit but you just nodded along. The world was weird.

Once in your running clothes, you headed out your room. You left your phone on your bedside table because otherwise you would get distracted by it. "Hey," said Sam, as you stepped into the elevator. He was holding a case file, you were the last person for new cases. They trusted you and Bucky less.

"Hey," you responded, "New case?"

Sam nodded, opening it so he could show you. "A string of robberies, all on the same block, all the same apartment number, all the same thing stolen, a computer, and all have a splatter of blood in the top left corner of the door. It's weird," he said, pointing out all the similarities of the apartments.

You nodded, "Who do you think it is?" you asked.

"I wanna say hydra but it's not their style," Sam said, closing the file, "Anyway, I'll catch you later, wish me luck with the case,"

"Good luck," you said, before stepping out into the elevator and into the lobby of the tower. You waved to Happy, who was busy talking to a delivery guy. After signing out the towers security system you headed down to central park, jogging slightly. You had just arrived at the park, when you noticed Bucky. Son of a bitch. He just existed to annoy you.

You picked up your pace, so you could run past him. But the fact that he was a super soldier made him run so much faster than you. He ran straight past you, careful to flip you off as he ran past. You rolled your eyes, and sped up again, trying to keep up with him. "You're too slow," said Bucky, dropping to a walk as you caught up with him, "It took you so long to get ready I beat you here,"

"I knew you came running just to piss me off," you stated, catching your breath, "You would never leave the tower otherwise,"

"Of course I came running just to piss you off," Bucky responded, he didn't even look tired, he looked hot. That annoyed you more, "You're right, I would never leave my room just to go running, but I know that you do. Around lunchtime, every two days. You go to central park and get an iced water from starbucks on your way back, and throw it in the trash can in the lobby before getting in the elevator and you don't leave your room for an hour after,"

You sent him a look of complete concern, "It's weird how you know exactly what I do," you stated, adjusting your hair, "It's very weird, I'm actually very scared. I'm gonna leave now," you backed away from him slowly.

"I'll meet you at starbucks then," he called out after you, as you fell back into a jog, "A grande iced water, right?" you turned round the corner, ignoring Bucky.

That was weird.

After running for an hour, you clenched your jaw as you walked into Starbucks. Immediately noticing Bucky who was sat drinking a latte, a smirk on his face as he watched you. Despite the urge to turn around, he had already won, and you needed water. "Fine," you said, sitting down opposite him and sending him a hard stare, "You win, you know me better than I know you,"

"I know I do," said Bucky, "You're a very obvious person, easy to get a read on,"

"That's not true," you stated, taking a sip of his coffee, which Bucky immediately grabbed back from your hand, "I am not easy to get a read on, you don't know anything about me, other than the fact that I go running every two days, look whatever, you don't know me," Bucky chuckled. "I'm serious,"

When Bucky didn't respond you took his coffee and walked out of starbucks. Actually, you probably should have gotten your water because you felt like you were overheating. You threw Bucky's coffee into the trash can as you walked back to the tower. Your head was pounding as you stepped into the elevator. "Hold it," called out the familiar voice of Steve, "Hi sweetheart," he kissed your cheek.

You smiled, "I have to get ready for the party," you said, "I wish we'd spent more time together recently, I miss you,"

"Miss you, see you later," said Steve, as you stepped out of the elevator.