Chapter Thirty

A whole month had gone by since Bucky had last spoken to you. A whole fucking month.

You'd assumed that he had in fact broken up with you, especially now since you were doing better and he still ignored you. You had tried to get him to talk to you, hanging around after meetings to speak with him or catching him early at the gym. But whatever you did he always found a way to get out of talking to you. Whenever you entered a room, he'd leave. If you joined in on a conversation he wouldn't. He optionally voted to stay out of missions to keep away from you. And it was driving you crazy.

Today was day 30 of Bucky not speaking to you. Unless he decided to break that streak. You had little hope he would. It was already snowing as you opened your blinds, and New York was covered in snow as you looked out. It was the last day of November, and since it was the only thing Wanda had been talking about for the past week that meant that tomorrow was Christmas Decorating. Today was preparation.

It was pretty early already, but you'd missed your training intentionally. One, you couldn't be bothered. Two, tomorrow may be the most stressed you've been in a while.

As soon as you walked into the kitchen, Bucky got up and left. You sighed, before sitting down at the kitchen island next to Steve. "Things seem to be going well," Tony commented, as he poured you a cup of coffee. You rolled your eyes, taking the mug from his hand. "I've never seen you two so happy,"

You were going to reply with a sarcastic remark but were interrupted. "Tony, now is not the time," Wanda, holding a huge folder, with an extremely tired looking Vision next to her, sat down beside you. "We have a lot to do, and instead of y/n floating around the tower all day and being useless because Bucky's an idiot she's gonna help me decorate this tower better than last year,"

"That's right bitches, today I am not depressed that I may have been broken up with. Today all I care about is Christmas," your voice dripped with obvious sarcasm, which was noted by pretty much everyone. Tony raised his eyebrows before disappearing off to his lab. Probably. Or to see Pepper. You knew something was going on with them but he kept denying it.

You gave your chair to Sam as you went routing through the cupboards trying to find something to eat. Deciding on a protein bar, you hopped onto the counter as Wanda started describing her plans for this year.

Soon enough Peter arrived, a smile plastered to his face as usual. "Hi everyone," he said with a wave. Other than Sam everyone said hi back. Sam and Bucky always made fun of Peter. He was a sweet kid but also pretty deadly when he wanted to be. "Woah is that Stark Tower?" he asked Wanda, as she flipped through her folder.

After he'd inputted on the design of the tower, and thought of a few plans to get off school and help decorate tomorrow he went into the cupboards looking for food. "Don't eat the protein bars, they're no good," you said, Peter showed you a granola bar. "Can't say that's a better choice,"

"It's 8.25 so I gotta go," Peter said, picking his bag up off the sofa. "See you tonight, and someone please remind Mr Stark my physics project is due in two days. He said he'd help me."

"Will do," you replied with a smile, "Say hi to MJ for me," Peter blushed as he scurried towards the stairs. MJ was Peter's crush, he couldn't stop rambling about her when he started. But whenever you and Nat brought it up he would go bright red and disappear. Wanda always told you off, but it was cute. A 'high school crush' as Tony called it. "He should ask her out," you said, taking the last bite of your protein bar and throwing the wrapper in the bin.

"Not sure you're equipped to give out that kind of advice," Clint said as you rolled your eyes, "I'm just saying your not exactly the best at relationships,"