Chapter Four

You caught the subway home for the beach, embarrassed. Bucky had been so kind to you, and tried to stop you from feeling insecure. And you'd kicked him, in the stomach, and then left him in the middle of the sea. Great way to deal with the situation Y/n. Now Tony was throwing a party, and Bucky would be there. It was just all going wrong. He probably didn't like you anyway. Then why did he kiss you? Well, he definitely wouldn't be kissing you again, that's for certain.

When you got back to the tower, you went to find Bucky to apologise. You went everywhere he would be, the gym, his room and finally the living room. Instead you ran into Steve. "Hey Y/n," said Steve, pouring coffee into a mug, "Where were you and Buck? I couldn't find you when we came back,"

"The beach," you said, Steve raised his eyebrows, "Bucky drove to the wrong one," Steve laughed and his smile made your heart jump. Why? Why Y/n why? You just kissed Bucky, although it was problematic, you were full on simping for him. And now you're crushing on Steve. What is wrong with you? Hearing Nat and Wanda come in, you tried to stop crushing on Steve. Especially since Wanda could read minds.

"We're gonna get ready for the party," said Nat, she then looked at you, before raising an eyebrow. Your hair was wet, and in a knot on top of your head. There was sand stuck to you and a beach bag on your shoulder, "Explain," she asked. You tried not to think about Bucky and the kiss because well-.

Wanda raised her eyebrows at you, as if to say she could see your thoughts. "Bucky said he wanted to go to the beach," you said, not a lie, not the whole truth, "But we went to the wrong one, that was it,"

"Romantic," said Nat. You noticed Steve blush. And your stomach flipped, why did he blush when Nat said there was romance between you and Bucky?

"Interesting," said Wanda, you smiled sarcastically, "Come on let's go get ready," you followed the two girls to the elevator, and Wanda dropped behind to walk at your pace. She nudged your arm, and turned back to Steve, "Bye Stevie," she said, Steve looked confused and you rolled your eyes.

You spent the next few hours getting ready for Tony's party. Nat was wearing a tight fitting halter neck black dress, and Wanda was wearing a burgundy skater dress. You'd tried on five dresses, but you couldn't decide on one. "Wear the red one," said Nat, as she applied eyeliner perfectly. "Come on Y/n, you look amazing in that dress,"

You wore the red dress, and had your head tied up in an elegant braided topknot. Nat had done your makeup, dramatic neutrals. This was the first time you'd actually felt beautiful. "Okay ladies," said Nat, "Let's go make our dramatic entrance,"

Everyone was already in the party room, or whatever it was called. And you first noticed Steve, he was wearing a pale blue shirt and tight black pants. Very hot. He was taking shots with Thor, but when he saw you with Nat and Wanda, he waved. "Hey Steve," you said, going over to him, "Hi Thor,"

"Hi Y/n," said Steve, you could sense that he was drunk, from his tone. And his actions were slower. Steve was usually sharp and always on the ball, but he seemed more relaxed, "Try one of these shots,"

You laughed, "I'm good thanks," you made a cocktail from behind the bar, "So how was the beach today?" Steve watched as you mixed different cocktail ingredients, his eyes filled with lust as he watched you, a smile plastered to his face. "Steve?" you asked again, he was really cute up close.

"The beach was good," said Steve, "Y/n can I talk to you?"

"Sure," you said, sipping the cocktail and sitting down at the bar next to Steve. It was quiet since Thor had disappeared into the crowd and you had no idea where Bucky was. And you really needed to apologize to him. "What's up?" you looked over his head to scan the crowd for Bucky.

"No not here," said Steve, you were slightly confused but followed Steve to the elevator anyway. You were in silence until the elevator stopped on the eighteenth floor, where Steve's room is. He opened the door, and you walked into his room. The far wall was windows, like yours. The walls were painted a light grey, and the floors were a mahogany wood. There was a captain america symbol painted on the wall, which you assumed Tony had put there to piss him off.

The bed was against the back wall, with pale blue sheets, and was neatly made. The whole room was like an Ikea showroom. It was neat, and there was no sign that Steve actually lived here. Steve sat on the bed, and you stood awkwardly next to the bed. Before realising that felt weird. So you sat on the chair at the desk. "What's up?"

"I like you," said Steve. You were very taken aback. He'd just full out said that he liked you. Unlike you who just avoided the problem. "And I know we don't know each other well, and I get that, and I don't want to make things weird, but I just.."

You had no idea how to respond. Only a few hours ago you were kissing Bucky in the middle of the ocean. But then you messed it up. And he hadn't tried to talk to you either. You really liked Steve. Remembering that he was waiting for a response, you decided that you would go on a date with him. "I like you too," you said. Steve smiled softly, and your heart melted.

"So um, can I take you out?" said Steve, "Like an outing or something?" what a dork.

"Yeah, you can," you said, you moved to sit next to him on the bed. Your heart was racing in your chest, as you looked at Steve. He was so beautiful. You smiled softly as you looked into his deep blue eyes.

"Okay it's um a da-" said Steve, "It's settled then, we're going out tomorrow,"

"Yeah it's a date," you said, Steve chuckled softly. Literal peak adorableness. "Is that everything? I was thinking it was a mission,"

Steve took your hand in his, "There was one thing," he said quietly, "You look beautiful in that dress,"

"Thank you," you said. Steve then suggested that you go back to the party before anyone noticed that you were missing. It was a good plan, but both of you needed to stay away from Wanda before she worked out what was going on. Steve held your hand all the way down to the party, but let go when you walked into the room.

Nat immediately came over, wanting to talk to you. So, you said bye to Steve and followed Nat over to where two cute SHIELD officers were stood. "What is this?" you whispered to Nat as she bounced over to the guys.

"A cute date," said Nat, "Guys this is Y/n, who I was telling you about" you immediately blushed. And then looked away, searching for Steve. But instead you looked over to see Bucky. He was staring at you, his eyes filled with pain. A heartbreaking contrast to the playful smile he was wearing at the beach today. You felt awful. And you had to go and talk to Bucky.

"Nat I have to go," you said, before walking away. Bucky was sat in the corner, a bottle of beer in his hand. He immediately saw you walking over to him, and smiled awkwardly at you. "Hi Bucky," you said, sitting down next to him, "I wanted to apologise for before,"

Bucky nodded, "It's fine, I'm starting to think I should get used to being attacked randomly by you," he said laughing, "But I'm sorry for not respecting your boundaries, I shouldn't have kissed you," you wanted to say that it was fine. That you did want to kiss him again. But you just agreed to go on a date with Steve. And you really liked Steve.

"Friends?" you said, "And I promise I'll try not to randomly attack you,"

"Yeah," said Bucky.

You spent the rest of the night talking to Bucky in the corner of the room. Steve had disappeared from your sight. And pretty soon Nat would be wanting to discuss why you'd walked away from the 'hot SHIELD men'. It was late, and people were starting to disperse. And you noticed Steve talking to Sam and Bruce. "I'll see you around Buck?" you asked. He nodded, and as you went over to Steve, you noticed him slip away from the party. Probably to train.

"Hey Steve," you said, "Bruce, Sam," they all nodded at you. "Steve, can we talk?" you asked him. He nodded before following you to the bar, which was surprisingly empty. "I just wanted to make sure you hadn't told anyone?"

"No," he said, "Not yet,"

OMG YOU WERE DATING STEVE ROGERS

Authors Note ❤: A kiss with Bucky and dating Steve? What could go wrong right? Also the Cherry trailer looks fire, and WandaVision drops tomorrow wtfff 💞