Chapter Three

"Hey Y/n we're going shopping," said Nat, the next day, as you walked into the kitchen.

"Because we don't spend enough of my money," said Tony, Nat death stared at him, "Fine fine, don't kill me," you laughed and poured some coffee into a mug. Everyone was in the room, and despite how many avengers there were, the room was still huge. Guess it showed how much money Tony really had. And how big the tower was.

"It's so we can go to the beach tomorrow," said Wanda, "There's no missions then and Steve thinks we should have a team outing," she rolled her eyes. And you could see Steve open his mouth ready to fight back but she didn't give him an opportunity, maybe it was the whole reading minds thing, "We need new swimsuits," it was Tony's turn to roll his eyes. The avengers seemed to constantly go head to head.

"Well that's sweet," you said, "But I don't want to go to the beach, sorry," you would have gone, you wanted to. But there were a few things that people didn't know about you. And one was the scar. The scar was along your outer left thigh, it was from a particularly violent battle, that you preferred not to remember. You didn't want anyone to see it.

"Retail therapy though?" said Nat, "Team shopping?" before you could agree, there was a collective sigh from the male members of the team. "Oh shut up," she said, "They're coming, go get ready Y/n,"

Half an hour later, and the team was stood in the lobby of the tower, ready to shop. Well, as much as they could be. "Don't spend all my money," whined Tony, as the team decided which cars to take. Wanda and Nat laughed as they told you to get in the black corvette with them.

"See you there," said Nat, winking as she rolled up the window. She sped away from the curb, leaving the boys on the side of the road, fighting over who drives the mercedes.

You'd already been in two shops, and Nat had encouraged you to spend over $100 already, when you found the boys. "Hey," you said, you laughed as Tony rolled his eyes at the amount of bags you girls were carrying. "What took you so long?"

"Steve and Tony fought over who would drive us," said Clint, "Again," you laughed, before following Wanda and Nat into the next shop. And the boys followed behind.

You spent the rest of the day shopping. The boys complained if they spent more than fifteen minutes in one shop, and as soon as Nat said she was buying something Tony would roll his eyes. Not to mention, every five minutes you were stopped so kids could take photos with the avengers. You and Bucky stood to the side, as the team flashed smiles at phone cameras. "Must be nice to be appreciated like that," you said quietly, as you stopped for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Maybe," said Bucky, "Too much effort for me though," you laughed softly, as another family asked for a photo. Bucky sighed as he looked at the floor, but you longed to be appreciated like them. For people to be so in awe of you, for someone to see you as their hero. "What you thinking about?" said Bucky, pulling you from your thoughts.

"Nothing," you said, as the family finally left and you were free to go to more stores. "Okay let me get some training equipment," you said to Nat. You walked ahead with her and Wanda, in deep conversation about something that probably didn't even matter, it just felt nice to have friends, someone who you could talk to. Bucky and Steve were talking to each other behind you, what either of them failed to notice, was the way both of them looked at you.

"Seriously how much longer," said Tony, after like ten hours of shopping, and a lot of his money spent. "I have important work to do,"

"Tony doing important work is not sitting behind a desk and drinking coffee while irritating your assistant," said Nat, as she handed you a strappy red dress, "Stop complaining," you tried not to laugh, especially considering that it was his money you were spending.