Chapter Fourteen

Steve had seen Bucky flirt with you before. While you were dating.

But he continually noticed more and more over the week since Tony's last party. Bucky would flirt with you, and you would roll your eyes and reply with a sarcastic remark and a smirk. It bothered him. He was happy that Bucky was getting more comfortable with people, after being alone for seventy years. But he knew that you and Steve were dating. And it just made him feel, just jealous. Which he hated. You could talk to who you wanted after all.

Steve was sat at the kitchen counter, drinking coffee out of a captain america mug that Tony had found in walmart. You were making pancakes, and chatting with Steve. You'd both woken up early to train and the tower was fairly quiet. It was just you and Steve in the kitchen. The elevator opened, and you turned to see Bucky. He looked between the two of you, noticing Steve clench his jaw. "Oh," said Bucky, he watched you as you moved round the kitchen, wearing Steve's shirt. He noticed how Steve looked at you, like you turned his world. Steve actually loved you, maybe he hadn't told you, but he could tell. "I can leave,"

Bucky slipped out the room unnoticed. Like he had never even been there. You noticed Bucky disappear and felt a pang of guilt. He pissed you off all the time, the constant flirting and the way he teased you. But that first night, your first night at the tower. When you were all alone and didn't know anyone. You trusted no-one, and no-one trusted you. Bucky was there for you. And the time after that, when you hadn't wanted to go to the beach. He trained with you, he wasn't afraid of you. He didn't judge you on your worst mistakes. Despite everything, even though you chose Steve, he would still be the first person that had been there for you. And maybe that was something you couldn't let go of.

"Everything okay?" said Steve, as you had stopped and stared at the elevator doors. He watched as you stared after Bucky. The jealousy was there again.

You sighed, clearing your head, "Yes, yeah, I'm fine," you said, turning back to the pancakes you were cooking. You had to quickly change the subject before Steve could say anything. It's not like you could lie to him. Bucky was hot. He was really fucking hot. And it's not like anyone could say that he wasn't. "Do you want syrup on your pancakes?" you asked him, not making eye contact.

"Please," said Steve. You handed them to him, before sitting down next to him. An awkward silence fell between you two. "So, are you and Bucky good friends?" asked Steve. So your shitty attempt at a distraction wasn't going too well.

You nodded, "Kind of,"

Fortunately, Tony and Bruce entered the kitchen. Having a loud discussion. You immediately turned your attention to their conversation, hoping to be able to talk to someone else. Or that they would ask Steve something.

Nat and Wanda entered soon after, "Y/n we're going to the spa? Do you want to come?"

"Yes," you said, "I'll go get ready, be back soon," you kissed Steve on the cheek and headed into the elevator before heading to your room. Bucky's door was shut, not like you were expecting it to be open. Lol that was kinda stupid. You chose to let your hair fall naturally round your shoulders, applying some mascara and lipgloss. You chose your favourite comfy outfit, before sliding on some trainers.

When you stepped into the elevator, you noticed Bucky stood against the back wall.

Shit.

"Hey," you said, looking down at the floor as you stood next to him. Bucky nodded in response, and you smiled lightly. This could not be more awkward. "Where are you headed?" you asked, trying to cut the tension. Trying to ignore the fact you could so easily kiss him right now, because he looked so fucking gorgeous.

"The gym," said Bucky, "You?"

"The spa," you replied, noticing Bucky raise his eyebrows. "With Nat and Wanda, it's just uptown, or more uptown than the tower, I really don't know where I am right now," you said, Bucky laughed a little.

He looked at you for a second, before looking away. "It's changed since the forties," he said, "Not that i was round here often, usually saving Steve from back alley fights in Brooklyn," he laughed at the memory, and you smiled lightly, "I guess he doesn't need me anymore, definitely doesn't need me finding him dates now,"

You looked at the wall awkwardly. The rest of the time it was silent. When the elevator finally stopped at the kitchen you got out, saying nothing. It was so awkward and you hated that.

Once you said goodbye to Steve, you headed to the spa with Nat and Wanda.

Steve headed to the gym after he said goodbye to you. He noticed Bucky punching the bag. "Hey man," said Steve, Bucky turned to look at him, before he ignored him. "Look I don't know what's gotten into you lately, but it's not like I can tell when you never even talk to me," Steve wrapped his hands.

Bucky ignored him, wishing he'd brought his headphones so he couldn't say anything. Steve stood there, waiting for some sort of response. "Okay look," said Steve, "Can you just..talk to me? Please? I don't understand," he did understand. He just hoped that what he thought the reason was, wasn't the reason. That it was something to do with you.

"You stole her," said Bucky, "You have everything, you have everything Steve. A fancy tower, teammates that would do anything for you, and the rest of the world looks up to you. Okay. I have nothing. I had Y/N, okay, and now you have her. And she won't fucking talk to me anymore,"

Steve sighed, "So it's to do with Y/N?" Bucky said nothing, instead going back to punching the bag, "I've seen the flirting," he said.

Bucky rolled his eyes, "Yeah okay,"

Authors Note ❤️: to be continued..

Also i watched Monday today and omg Mickey owns my heart i love him sm