Chapter Twenty One

"Uh y/n, i think we're over,"

You weren't exactly disappointed, Steve didn't look it either. "Yeah no shit sherlock," you responded, walking away from the door that Steve was still stood awkwardly in. He looked at you with an expression you couldn't quite read and it made you feel nervous. "Steve what is it now," you said, annoyed he wouldn't move. You honestly didn't know how to deal with the overload of emotions that were sent you way. But you didn't particularly care for any of them, and would rather not deal with them.

"I just, I kinda thought," began Steve, "You know, you know what. I don't know what's wrong with you and your lack of emotions, you could at least pretend that you cared about what we were,"

Okay now he was just pissing you off. "How the fuck am I the one with the lack of emotions? Sorry that my getting shot and then almost dying in hospital didn't work out the way you fucking planned it to. But we weren't anything Steve, we were nothing. You mean nothing to me because you didn't even care, I'm a shit person I know. But I deserve the bare minimum from you," Steve shook his head, "But you gave me absolutely nothing,"

Steve looked dumbfounded, so you let him stand there looking stupid while you tidied your room. You folded the new clothes and placed them in the draw, and Steve just looked at the doorframe. You tidied your desk and placed make-up in the organisers. "Are you gonna say anything?" you asked, plopping yourself down on the bed, "Because I have places to be,"

With no response, you walked past him and down the corridor. Bucky said he was going to finish training in the gym so you headed there to wait for him. When you got there, Bucky was sparring with Sam, and managed to send him flying to the floor. He landed on the mat and put his hands up in surrender. Bucky smirked before heading towards you, he slid his metal arm around your waist and kissed your cheek, "Hi Doll," he whispered, you smiled. "Do you want to order take out and binge watch movies?"

"Of course," you said, laughing. You took his flesh hand and walked out the gym. When you arrived at the kitchen, Steve was there. He was sat with Nat, and had an arm over her shoulder. You shook off whatever it was you were feeling. Bucky squeezed your hand tightly, and you walked around to the kitchen counter.

Wanda was cooking, and she handed you some to try as you sat down. Bucky stood behind you, and wrapped his arm around your waist. "How are you feeling now?" Tony asked you.

"I'm good," you said, "Should be ready for missions soon,"

Bucky shook his head, "Nope," he said, "You just had life threatening surgery, I'm not letting you throw yourself into missions again. Not risking it, you scared the life out of me," despite usually hating people saying what you could and couldn't do you found it pretty cute. You smiled but covered it up with your hoodie sleeve.

After chatting with Wanda, Tony and Bruce for a while, Bucky pulled you away for your date. Wanda winked at you as he dragged you upstairs, and when you got into the elevator Bucky pushed you against the back wall and started kissing you. He worked his way down your neck leaving hickeys and you moaned at his touch.

You pushed him off you as the elevator stopped at your floor. Bucky grabbed your hand again as he pushed open the door to his room. His bed was neatly made, and Bucky pulled you into him as you fell on the bed. "What takeout do you want?" asked Bucky, pulling a blanket over the two of you.

You rested your head on his shoulder, "I don't mind," you said, Bucky handed you his TV remote, "You want me to pick the film?" you asked. Bucky nodded, and dialled the number for the takeout. You scrolled through films on the StarkTV system. It basically had everything, but you didn't know what you wanted to watch.

When Bucky hung up the phone, you asked him what he wanted to watch. "Anything doll," he responded, "Okay what about films I missed while you know?" he said, kind of trailing off. You nodded, "Hey how about Star Wars?" suggested Bucky, "Steve said it was on his list, or if not I'm sure there's ones the others can suggest?"

"Star Wars is fine," you said, "I don't want to get out of bed, I'm too tired," Bucky chuckled and searched for Star Wars. A lot of films came up, "Okay there's a lot," you commented, and Bucky picked the one that was filmed first.

About twenty minutes into the film, you got a text from Tony saying your food was downstairs. Bucky offered to go, and you snuggled up under the covers while he was gone. It felt cold without him cuddled up next to you.

-------------

After eating your food, you'd spent up until midnight watching the Star Wars films with Bucky. But you were starting to get tired though, and your head dropped onto his shoulder. You were trying to keep your eyes open, but Bucky stroked your hair and switched off the film. He made the pillows so they were more comfortable as you quickly dropped your head onto them. "Goodnight doll," whispered Bucky, and it was the last thing you heard before you fell asleep.

Bucky moved you under the covers, before slipping out of the bed. He slipped downstairs to grab some tea before he slept too. He prayed that he wouldn't have a nightmare while you were there. "How did the date go metal man?" asked Tony, as he walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

"She's asleep," said Bucky, making some tea.

He looked around, Bruce, Nat, Steve and Tony were playing Scrabble. At midnight. Wasn't it too late to concentrate. He noticed again how close Steve and Nat were. "Those Star Wars movies are very confusing, a lot goes on," said Bucky, as he stirred the tea, "Anyway enjoy your game of scrabble, I'm gonna go hold her now," he smiled to himself before heading upstairs.

Steve looked after him, "Who's he talking about?"

"His girl,"

Authors Note: this was cute to write tho omg. Also tysm for 2k followers thats literally insane. Love you all and thank you for reading and all the support <3