Chapter Ten

A couple days later, you and Steve had been on another date and decided that you would tell the others today. You were kinda nervous, you hadn't really had that kind of friendship with the rest of the team like Steve had. Bucky was the only person you felt close with, and he was 'keeping his distance'.

Steve caught up with you on the way out of training, "Are you okay?" he asked you, "We're telling the others today, right? Right?"

"Yes Steve," you said, squeezing his hand, "Let me just change out these clothes, and then I'll drop by your room," Steve nodded and you headed back up to your room. You had a quick shower and tied your hair back, before slipping into some comfier clothes.

You headed out your room, and dropped by Steve's. His room was still as neat as ever, the only difference was that he had a framed photo of you and him from your last date next to his bed. Awww. "Hey Steve," you said, opening the door. He was sat at his desk sketching, "Um I'm ready," he nodded and placed his sketchbook neatly in his desk drawer. He was such a perfectionist it was annoying.

Steve took your hand as you walked into the living room. Everyone was there, surprisingly. "Hey guys," said Steve, sitting down on the couch as you dropped down next to him. Steve didn't let go of your hand, which you assumed most of them had picked up on, "So, me and Y/n are dating," wow okay Steve that was um not what you were expecting.

Everyone turned to stare at you. Bucky locked eyes with you for a split second, "He's um, he's the guy?" he asked, you blushed, "You know what it doesn't even matter anyway, I hope you're very happy together," Bucky stood up and abruptly left the room leaving an awkward silence behind him. You looked at Steve who looked just as confused as the rest of the group. You smiled, of course it was fake, but no one had to know that. But you needed to find Bucky because you just needed to explain. And say sorry. And just check he was okay. More or less.

"That's great!" said Wanda, breaking the silence, "I'm happy for you guys, and finally Steve has a girlfriend, oh! You can double date with me and Vision," she smiled, and you laughed. Steve smiled at you, making your heart rate double.

The rest of the team congratulated you, "So how long for?" asked Tony, "Have you been hiding this?"

"Not long," said Steve, "A week? Longer probably, I'm not sure, actually, how long?" oh dear God. You couldn't believe how awkward Steve was. He had you didn't he. "About two weeks yeah," Steve looked at you, and you couldn't help but burst out into laughter. "Hey," he said, kissing your cheek. He pouted and you smiled as you kissed him.

Tony snapped his fingers, "Hey woah," he said, both you and Steve turned to look at him, "Wasn't expecting that sorry," you laughed, and kissed Steve again, but quickly this time.

"I'm gonna go check on Bucky," you said, running a hand through his messy hair, "He seemed kinda weird, I'll see you later okay?" Steve nodded and you quickly got up to find Bucky. You went to his room, but it was empty. So you tried the training room, hoping that he hadn't walked out the tower in anger.

When you got to the training room, Bucky was sat on the floor. His hair was covering his face and he sat staring at the wall. "Hey," you said, "Um, hi," Bucky didn't respond to you, ignoring you. "I um- don't really know what to say,"

"He's my best friend," said Bucky, his voice breaking, "It's not even that, because you don't get it," you sat down on the floor across from him, Bucky looked up from the floor, locking eyes with you for a split second, before looking back down, "I'm the one who has to watch you with him, see him make you smile like I should," you blinked back tears, "See him hold you like I want to, watch him kiss you, but you know what's worst?" you hung your head to look at the floor, "I have to watch you love him, when I wish that you were loving me,"

You cleared your throat, "Buck, I never said I loved him,"

Before you could continue, Bucky interrupted you, "Don't call me that, you can't, I won't let you, it's breaking my heart, so just, stay away from me, okay?" Bucky stood up and walked out the room. Leaving you feeling helpless in the middle of the floor. It shouldn't hurt that much, but it did.

-----------------------

You didn't know how long you sat there, contemplating your life decisions (there was a very long list, let's be honest). Nat and Wanda opened the doors, "Hey," they said quietly, you looked up, your eyes were red, but you weren't crying. Your head and your heart just heart. "We aren't great friends," said Nat, "But we thought we could remedy that? Get ice cream, talk about your boyfriend," you laughed.

You smiled, "Okay sure," you responded. They smiled and you headed out. You ran into Steve and kissed his cheek, "Hey I'm going out with Nat and Wanda," you told him, "Talk later, I'll miss you,"

"Did you catch Bucky?" he asked you.

You nodded, "Uh yeah," you said, you touched his arm, "I think he wants to be alone though right now so I would leave it," Steve nodded, "Or talk to him whatever I don't know, he's your friend," you smiled before following Nat and Wanda into the elevator. You totally hadn't made that sound weird. Just as long as Bucky didn't tell Steve about the kiss everything would be fine.

You headed down with Nat and Wanda to the local cafe and ordered two scoops of your favourite ice cream. "Okay so tell us about Steve," said Nat, once you had sat down, "He's cute right?" you were a bit thrown off by Nat calling your boyfriend cute but you decided to make nothing of it.

"Oh yeah he's really cute," you said, "and attentive, but very protective and a perfectionist," you smiled.

"Aww he's making you smile," said Wanda, "That's adorable," you laughed, shaking your head. Internally you were cringing at turning into one of those 'oh my boyfriend is so cute' type of people. You'd never been that kind of person before. It never occurred to you that you could find someone who made you feel something that you didn't even believe in. He was just perfect. Ew what is wrong with you.

You shook your head, but before you could respond you noticed Bucky outside. With that blonde bitch again. Okay that was weird, he'd like confessed his love or something for you like less than an hour ago but sure whatever. Why did this anger you so much? You were with Steve, it shouldn't bother you who Bucky dated. So why did you wish that it was you he was out with? You should just definitely not be thinking about what it would be like to date Bucky. Anyway.

The others spotted Bucky too, "Hey look that must be Buck's new girlfriend," said Wanda, he asked her to be his girlfriend, after like one date? "We should introduce ourselves," seriously why did everyone always want to introduce themselves?

"No guys let's not," you said, "he's on a date, we'll make it weird,"

Nat nodded, "Yeah I guess," she said, "Okay let's head back to the tower, I'm sure Steve misses you," she joked. You rolled your eyes, but agreed. Bucky and the blonde bitch had disappeared so at least you didn't have to run into him. Why was this bothering you? You shouldn't care. But you did.

Authors Note ❤: I sense drama. Sorry for the slow updates. Thanks for reading! Love you all 💞