Chapter Six

You were an intense situation. Bucky and you were cornered, with three HYDRA agents holding guns to your head. If they recognised Bucky they would likely shoot, thankfully they hadn't.

Thinking of a plan, you nodded to Bucky. Who you could tell was nervous. "Okay," you said, "This isn't really my style of fighting so," you kicked one of the agents in the stomach, as he pulled the trigger on the gun, shooting the ceiling as he fell to the floor.

Bucky looked at you wide-eyed. And you nodded to an agent for him to take down. You slapped the gun out of the hand over the other agent, startling him. Before then pulling out a knife from your belt and slashing his wrist, "I hope that heals okay," you said, smirking. Bucky was punching the shit out of the other agent with his metal fist. "Good work,"

"Thanks," he said, sighing. "But we're not finished," the first agent had managed to get up from the floor.

"Shit," you said. Bucky had knocked out the other guy, and turned to you to help. "Bucky go help Nat," you said, kicking the agent across the face. Bucky ran out the door, and immediately you could hear him attack someone. The other agent was putting up a fight.

"Sup bitch," said another two agents coming in through the door. Where was Bucky to stop them? An interesting situation. You tried shooting, but they were good at dodging bullets apparently. So, you ran. Not the best thing to do. And definitely not something a highly skilled assassin should do. But you could probably corner them.

You were cornered. On the roof. With three HYDRA agents pointing guns at you. The last minute plan hadn't gone well. You could see the quinjet arriving, the avengers moved fast. But this base wasn't far from the tower. You noticed Sam close to you, shooting some agents from above. "You know," you said to the agents sarcastically, "I would've shot you by now," the agents stared after you as you jumped off the roof. "Hey Sam could use a lift," you closed your eyes as you fell towards the ground, hoping he would catch you.

His hand grabbed your belt, "I swear to God," said Sam, "Warn me before you jump off a fucking building," you laughed. "Tell me where to land?" he asked. You scanned the battle scene. Tony and Rhodey had used the suits to come from the jet, and had landed in the middle of battle, and were looking pretty badass.

However, Bucky was having a hard time with some agents who looked like they recognised him. "Okay got it," you said, you shifted your weight. He let his grip go, and you flipped through the air. And landed gracefully next to Bucky. "Hey," you said, as he kicked an agent away quickly. You spoke into the earpiece, "Hey Tony, what took you so long?"

"Funny," said Tony, "Just focus on the mission Y/n,"

You smirked at Bucky before pulling a knife out your belt, "On it," you turned to Bucky, "This will be fun,"

-----------------

The battle was long, and hard, and emotionally and physically draining. After hours of fighting all you wanted to do was sleep. You had sustained some minor injuries, nothing you hadn't dealt with a thousand times. But Steve was fussing over you, and it was pissing you off. "Are you sure you're okay?" asked Steve (again) as you bandaged up a wound to your torso.

"Yes Steve," you said, "Will you please relax?" He was very tense. And worried. When he was team leader he had such a huge speech about walking off being killed. Yet, here he was, stressing over a tiny wound.

"Sorry," he said, "I'm gonna go check up on the rest of the team," you said nothing as he turned to leave but then he stopped, "I just want to look out for you, okay?" and then he walked out the door. Maybe it was a bit mean to say what you had. Then again you had spent so long freezing out emotions that showing them was hard for you. And someone showing care to emotions towards you was something you hadn't seen before and was weird to you.

You had to make an effort to be more open with your emotions around Steve. "Hey," said Bucky, coming round the corner. He had hardly been injured, but you'd fought beside him practically the whole battle. And he was very skilled. Like hundreds of years of practice. Ironically. "Steve seemed worried about you, I said you'd be fine," you smiled, he was so adorable. "You can kick really hard, those agents should be worried,"

"You did great too," you said, "And you keep reminding me of that, i'm sorry,"

"You good Y/n?" said Steve, coming in. Every time you were with one of them, the other came. It was like they both had a sixth sense. You were glad Steve was here though. To make you feel guilty for crushing on Bucky. "The jet is close to the tower now,"

"Yeah maybe you can somersault there," said Sam, walking past, "I mean what kind of a dumb bitch throws herself of a building?"

"You jumped off a building?" said Steve, turning to you. Sam started laughing, until you gave him a look that could kill. Bucky smirked at you, and you winked back at him. STOP FLIRTING Y/n. Why were you flirting in front of Steve? That was dumb. Why were you flirting just generally? "What? Why? Did you think that was a sensible decision?" oh yes. The problem in hand.

"Steve," you said, "I was cornered, it was either, hope Sam catches me or get shot by a HYDRA enemy," Steve still looked mad. And you were waiting for a response. "Jesus Steve leave me alone," bit dramatic, won't lie.

Steve just walked away. Great way to leave things. Could you just not argue for like one second? Did you have to screw up every possible chance at a relationship? "Well that went well," you said to Bucky and Sam. "What is his problem? Is he not used to things not going to plan?"

"Steve's a perfectionist," said Nat from inside the doorway. You hadn't even noticed she was there. Probably from the fact that you were too busy occupied by the other problems you had going on in your life. You felt bad that you'd been mean to Steve for checking up on you, he was only trying to be nice. And also the fact that you were still crushing on Bucky and you didn't know why.

"Where did you come from?" you asked.

"The jet is about to land," said Nat, "And I think, so that Steve isn't mad at you, Bruce should check you out when you get back,"

"Sure," you said, "Whatever makes Steve happy!" you walked past Nat and towards the exit. Steve was talking to Tony, angrily. Probably about you and your 'dumbass decisions' which you thought were perfectly justified. Whatever.

You just finished being checked over by Bruce, when you walked into Bucky. "Hey Buck," you said, he looked like he'd just been training. Without you :(. That wasn't good. "What's up?" very cool playoff. What's up with training without you. You were being checked over by Bruce for injuries though. So nevermind.

"Can we talk real quick?" asked Bucky, he sounded really concerned. And you wanted to say yes. But honestly, you just wanted to sleep. The fight with Steve had drained all the energy out of you.

"Later, can I just sleep first?" you asked, feeling really bad. "I promise we'll talk when I wake up okay?"

"Sure," said Bucky. He sounded kind of sad, that you blew him off. But you were so drained right now. And you would 1000% talk to him when you woke up. Definitely. You would not forget. It would be the first thing that you would do. Talk to Bucky.

Authors Note ❤️: Um yeah. I wonder what Bucky could want to talk to you about. I honestly don't even know what I'm writing at this point lmao. Thanks for reading 💞