Chapter Twenty Three

"Here's what we know," began Tony, a meeting had been called immediately. You were sat next to Bucky, still shaking. It had freaked you out. "Y/N is from an assassin for hire business, and you were brought to the tower after a failed mission against Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton," you nodded, everything Tony had said was true. You were an assassin for hire, and someone had hired you to kill Natasha and Clint. Of course you didn't know who, but you wish you did.

"There was no contact with the organisation after arrival correct?" asked Steve, glaring at you. As if he didn't trust you. Bucky tightened his grip on your hand and glared back at Steve.

"I had no contact with the organisation since I was brought here," you said, "And again, I really don't know who requested an assassin for you, I wish I did," Nat and Clint dismissed it with a friendly smile. "I don't know how they got in here, or how they know I'm here, but there's one thing I do know, I have to leave,"

Bucky scoffed, "What are you, crazy?" he asked, "You can't leave."

You looked around at the team, avoiding the look of Nat and Steve. You looked back at Bucky and smiled sympathetically. "If I find them and take them down," you said, "I can come back, and if I die then you are all safe still I won't have to worry,"

"You can't just leave," said Wanda, "We're a team, and you are part of it, and we fight together,"

"Okay," you sighed, knowing damn well you'd ignore her anyway. "Okay we form a plan, fight together and no-one dies," lies lies and more lies. Bucky nodded, mouthing thank you at you. God you were going to hate leaving him. "I'm really tired and really freaked out though so I'm gonna go to bed okay?"

The team nodded and you left the room. When you arrived at your room you ignored the blood everywhere and pulled stuff out of your wardrobe. You packed it into a small bag and put it on your shoulder. Then you went to get your suit, making sure you ran into no-one.

When you found your suit you stuffed it into your bag along with some weapons. As you went down the stairs to the exit. You couldn't help the guilt you felt for leaving Bucky.

So you picked up a permanent marker from the front desk and wrote 'i'm sorry' on the glass by the door. Then you opened the door and slipped out into the dark of New York, closing the door behind you. You walked down to the end of the street before calling down a cab. You slid into the backseat of not a cab, but a sleek black rolls royce that had stopped. "I'm not surprised you were waiting for me," you said, throwing your bag into the back.

Your old boss smirked from the front seat, "The Avengers huh?" he asked, "You upgraded,"

"Better than being hired to kill," you stated, "Why now?"

"It was fun seeing you think you could escape," he said, "But who do you think shot you? I was watching you the whole time," you eyed him as he swerved to divert heavy traffic making you hit your head on the window. "Captain America? Shame he went off you, though I can't blame him. Murderous assassins deserve each other,"

You bit your tongue. He chuckled, "Cat got your tongue?" he asked, you looked out the window. You could still see the tower, and you knew that somewhere in there Bucky would be freaking out that he couldn't find you. "Thinking about him?" he asked you. You could see him going crazy, tearing the place apart. He would pretend you hadn't nleft for as long as he could. Then he would break down and cry and tell the team and they would look for you but it would be too late. You would have gone off the radar again.

"I hate you," you said, he raised his eyebrows as he pulled into an off road, "Because not only did you steal everything I had from me and pretend I couldn't have it, when I found it you went out your way to take it again,"