Chapter Twenty

Bucky and you walked arm in arm down the streets of New York. There was a gentle breeze that made you feel cold so Bucky lent you his jacket. It was wrapped round your shoulders. You had no idea where exactly Bucky was taking you, you just held his hand and hoped for the best. "Here," said Bucky, taking you down the steps to the subway station, "Are you feeling okay?" he asked you, as you waited on the platform for the subway.

"Yeah," you said, feeling warmer, "Thank you Bucky," he smiled, and held you closer to him by the waist.

"Anything for you doll,"

When the subway arrived Bucky made sure you had a seat, and sat next to you. It was weird that you remembered taking the subway, even though you couldn't name the last time you did. Bucky and you sat in silence most of the way, and you looked at the floor. It was when the subway stopped at a different platform that you noticed a familiar redhead exit the subway. "Is that?"

"Natasha," said Bucky, "And look, that's Steve," you turned around to look out the small window. It was Nat and Steve. You tried not to look confused as you turned back to talk to Bucky. "Are you okay?" Bucky asked you, shaking the thoughts out your head you smiled.

"Yeah fine," you said, before looking back down at the floor. Bucky pulled his arm that was wrapped from around your waist. It made you shudder. You felt alone again. "Bucky," you whispered, "I am so sorry, so sorry, I- fuck. Look," you shook your head, "What, what the fuck?"

Bucky just looked at you, as you stared at the floor messing with your hands. "I don't get what the fuck I'm still looking for in Steve, he isn't who I want," you said, "I want you James, I fucking want to be with you,"

You looked at Bucky who was looking right at you. He moved some hair out your face, "I want to be with you too Y/N," he whispered, rubbing circles with his thumb on your cheek. "Forget about Steve and kiss me," he said. And so you did. Bucky pulled you in by the waist and cupped your face as he kissed you sweetly.

When you pulled away, Bucky looked over to the screens. "Shit we missed our stop," he said, you laughed, "Nevermind, we'll get off at the next one,"

"Where were we going?" you asked him.

Bucky smiled, "I guess you'll have to wait till another day to find out," he said and you pouted, he placed a kiss to your lips as the train stopped at the next platform. "Come on," he said, you stood up and took his arm, regaining your balance. The train had taken you all the way to Brooklyn College, and when you exited the underground subway had started to rain.

"Well shit," said Bucky, as the rain soaked through your hair and your light pink floral dress. Bucky's jacket was still wrapped around your shoulders, and you lifted it over your head and pulled Bucky into you so it was covering the both of you. Your faces were inches apart and you couldn't help but laugh.

"What do we do now?" you said, still laughing. Bucky shook his head and started laughing with you. You stuck your hand out for a cab but they were all taken. "Okay," you said, burying your head into Bucky's chest.

Bucky was still laughing, "So this went well,"

"Oh yeah definitely,"

Suddenly a sleek, black audi pulled up in front of you, and the window was rolled down. Sam sat with his hand on the wheel, looking at you and Bucky. "That coat isn't helping," he said, Bucky rolled his eyes, "I'm heading to the tower," he said. You nodded.

"Can we get a ride bird man?" asked Bucky, Sam rolled up his windows. You sighed and dropped your head into Bucky's shoulder. "Look I'm sorry," said Bucky, "I hate saying that," he whispered to you. "Sam," he called out.

The back door to the audi opened and you and Bucky slid into the backseat before Sam left the curb. "So why are you at Brooklyn College?" asked Sam, you looked at Bucky who was biting his lip to stop from laughing. "In the rain in a dress and no coat? Sounds smart I won't lie,"

"Oh I'm okay," you said, Sam nodded, "and this is our date,"

"Good one Buck," said Sam, "Sounds like a perfect date,"

"Oh it was," you said, smiling. You looked at Bucky, who had been looking at you before. You felt butterflies, "It was perfect," you said looking at Bucky. He smiled at you, and you smiled back at him.

Sam turned suddenly, "You guys are gross," he said. You noticed how he said nothing about how you were with Steve before. Maybe it was normal. Maybe he didn't care.

--------------

When you arrived back at the tower, it was louder than before. It meant most of the people were back, it made you wonder why Sam had appeared in Brooklyn randomly. You went up to the kitchen, dropping Bucky's hand which you had been holding since you'd left the subway.

Steve and Nat were sat in the kitchen with Wanda and Vision. Wanda was cooking something that smelled amazing. You walked in with Bucky and Sam. "Hey," you said, smiling. Everyone turned to say Hi but then realised it was you and started squealing, although that was mainly Wanda and Nat. "They let me go home so Bucky took me out," you said.

Steve had tensed but said nothing instead offering you a small smile. Which you returned, but you still felt awkward. Nat and Steve on the train popped back into your head, and before Wanda could read your mind you excused yourself to go and dry your hair.

After you came out of the shower there was a knock at your door, you expected to see Bucky. But it was Steve. "Oh hey," you said, Steve looked at you. And you opened the door wider but he just stayed in your doorframe, "Um Steve? Are you okay?" you asked him. He looked up and stared at you directly in the eye and you shifted uncomfortably.

"Uh y/n, I think we're over,"

Authors Note: Sorry for not updating in a while, I had exams this week and I've spent the past two weeks revising so I had no time to update. Anyway here is the new chapter so yeah love you all <3