Chapter Forty One

"I am terrible at wedding planning,"

It had been two weeks since you and Bucky had officially decided to get married. With a ceremony and while the two of you were sober. Every spare minute you had looked at wedding stuff, dresses and venues and bouquets. But you couldn't decide on anything.

Wanda looked up from where she was on her phone, her eyes lighting up at the words wedding planning.

"No," you said, "No I don't wanna go crazy, it's gonna be simplistic,"

"You say that now," Wanda said, but you shook your head, "Fine simplistic. Now have you picked a venue? A place? A city?"

Bucky looked over from the couch, "Um we said Paris," you glared at him, and he raised his hands in defence, "But it's not final, it was two weeks ago. I don't know, I'll stay out of it,"

"I don't know," you said, tapping your nails on the counter, "Maybe we should just go to city hall,"

"No," Nat said loudly, looking up from a file, "You both deserve better than city hall? You both spend you're entire lives being tortured and told what to do. Now you can do whatever the hell you want, do what you dreamed of all those years,"

You looked at Bucky, "You're right," you told her, "Let's do a big fancy wedding,"

"My poor bank account," Tony whispered, to which Pepper hit his arm lightly.

"Wanda, Nat," you said, "Let's go wedding dress shopping!"

Wanda squealed and dropped her phone. You looked at Bucky with raised eyebrows, to which he smiled. "Oh my god," Wanda said, "it's finally happening, we're going wedding dress shopping,"

"Uh-huh," you said with a nod, "Is it weird you're more excited than me? I think it is weird,"

"Oh come on come on," Wanda said, "We have to go, okay come on let's go,"

—————

Twenty wedding dresses you had tried on. But none of them felt perfect. You didn't know what style you liked or what suited you. A-line dresses, mermaid dresses, ball gown dresses. You didn't know what you wanted.

Wanda and Nat had already chosen their bridesmaid dresses. Blush pink, sweetheart neckline, mermaid cut. They looked gorgeous. But every time you saw yourself in a dress you hated it.

"Maybe it's me," you said, "Maybe I don't suit white, or dresses, or weddings. I should just not get married and wear joggers for the rest of my stupid life,"

"Keep trying dresses on," Wanda said, refilling her glass of champagne, "you'll find the one I promise,"

You took another dress from the rack, a plunge neckline which was tight fitted on your waist and the skirt flowed out into a long train. It had a glittery diamond belt around the waistline. It had a matching veil, with diamonds encrusted on the end of it.

When you stepped outside the changing cubicle, Nat and Wanda gasped. "It's the one," Nat said, "It's gorgeous! It's oh my god y/n, you look amazing,"

"I love it," you said, smiling, "It's perfect,"

"Dress twenty one, I knew you'd find it," Wanda said, "Okay sorry Tony's bank account but we are about to make a huge withdrawal,"

You laughed, as Wanda and Nat went to finalise payments on the dresses as you took yours off. As you waited for them you texted Bucky, a smile on your face as you began typing.

                                                                You
                   The beach where we first kissed

Buck <3
What about it?

                                                               You
              That's where we should get married

Everything began to slot into place as soon as you found the dress. The beach, the setting, what you wanted. Because you remembered it clear as day. The first time Bucky kissed you.

Slowly, he moved his hands up your back, tracing your spine. You cupped his face with your hands and he pulled you into him before kissing you sweetly. Shivers ran up your body as his tongue swept over yours. You never wanted to pull away. He held you tight against him, and his embrace made you feel warm.

You smiled as Wanda and Nat came back holding each of the dresses. "I decided on a place," you said, and the two of them smiled, "I just need a date, and maybe the help of Tony's money,"

"Why? Where is it?" Nat asked, as you opened the door to the sidewalk, "Fancy?"

"Nope," you said, "You'll see," you climbed into the back of the car with the dresses still over your arm.

Buck <3
Just booked the honeymoon
Bahamas sound good to you?

                                                               You
                      Never been there, sounds cute

"What are you smiling at?" Wanda asked as she looked at you through the mirror at the front of the car, "still mean that you won't tell us what you decided the venue on, I'm supposed to be your wedding planner,"

You laughed, "I'll tell you soon, I promise. I just want to talk to Bucky about it first,"

"I still can't believe you're getting married," Nat said, "I mean, it's amazing. But it's so sudden, not that it's wrong. It's Bucky after all,"

"I know," you said, realising she had highlighted everything you worried about, "I'm happy though seriously, I mean it is fast, but it's right,"

"As long as you're sure honey," Wanda said, "We just want you to be happy,"

"I am,"

When you got back to the tower Bucky was in the gym, and you went up to see him. He pulled out his earphones and kissed your cheek as he saw you.

You embraced him in a hug, "Hey so, I'm thinking we do it soon," you said, sitting on a yoga mat, "I don't wanna wait, I just wanna marry you,"

"Whenever you wanna go to the beach and get married I will go to the beach and get married," Bucky said with a smile, "I love you y/n y/l/n, I'd marry you anywhere,"

"How about in a week?" you suggested, crossing your legs, "it gives us time to plan, and time for Tony to try and buy a beach or close it off or something. And- oh wait, when is the honeymoon for?"

Bucky chuckled, "It's in ten days,"

"Really?!" you asked, "We really are on the same wavelength,"

"Will you add me to your Pinterest board now? I downloaded the app this morning, can I be on the wedding board?"

You laughed as he sat down beside you, wrapping an arm around you. "I will add you to the Pinterest board,"

"Thank you,"

Authors Note: I am so so so so sorry about how late this is. I've had mocks exams for two weeks in January, and some more in a couple of weeks time. Everything is stressful rn and I've been so busy. Thank you for continually reading this story and showing it support! I love you all <3