Chapter Fifteen

This chapter may be triggering for some (mentions of guns, gunshots and gunshot wounds)

You were getting your nails done in your favourite colour, when you heard the familiar ringtone of your phone. You apologised to the nail technician before picking up your phone, Tony's face lighting up the screen. "I'm not working," you stated.

"Y/n," said Tony, the tone of his voice was serious. It made you sit up in your chair. "There's an active shooter about three blocks away from where you are, I need you to get there with Nat and Wanda," he hung up the phone, and you stood up. Apologising to the nail technician yet again, you grabbed your purse before heading to find Nat and Wanda.

You found them waiting for massages. "Hey Nat, you still keep a gun in your purse?" you asked, they both turned to look at you, "We have to respond to an active shooter, we gotta go," they followed you out the spa as you started running. You tied your hair back into a ponytail as you sprinted ahead of Nat and Wanda.

The three of you arrived at the scene, three guys with guns holding them pointed towards civilians. "Great," you said, stopping, unsure of what to do next. "What do we do?"

Nat pulled the gun from her purse, "Secure the hostages," she said, speaking in the true words of Steve Rogers. You nodded, Wanda started sending blasts of her powers towards the guys, trying to disarm them. "Be careful," Nat stated, as she gestured for you to run alongside her, "Call Tony for back up,"

You nodded, texting Tony the number for backup. Wanda used her magic to disarm one of the men and throw the gun to the floor. You quickly picked it up, and ran to catch up with Nat, who was shooting at the other two armed men. Your adrenaline pumped as you caught up with Nat and Wanda. "Drop the weapon," said Nat, aiming the gun at the first guy's head. You pointed your gun at the second guy's chest, "Drop the weapon," Nat said again, "I'll shoot,"

Wanda exchanged a glance with you. Neither of them were going to back down.

----------------

Bucky rolled his eyes, "Yeah okay,"

Steve sighed, there was no winning. He'd seen the flirting. He'd watched him flirt with you and he just kept denying it. "Just, can you not?" said Steve, as Bucky ignored him yet again, "Bucky,"

Bucky turned around, snapping, "What Steve?" he said

"Can you please stop flirting with Y/n," said Steve, "Please,"

Bucky sighed, he picked up his phone before walking past Steve. "You want me to stop talking to your girlfriend?" he asked him, Steve looked down at the floor. "You want me to never talk to Y/n, ever again?" when he didn't respond, Bucky laughed, shaking his head. "You're a completely different person Steve," then he walked out the gym. He felt dizzy and sick. And he just wanted to talk to you.

----------------------

"Drop it," said Nat, pointing her gun forward. You did the same.

The first guy dropped his weapon, and Nat moved to place him under arrest. You were expecting the second guy to do the same thing. You moved closer to him, cocking your gun and maintaining a hard stare. The guy tilted his head, holding your stare.

He moved his gun forward, pulling the trigger so it shot you just above the hip.

Your adrenaline was so high you could hardly even notice. It had numbed the pain. "Y/n," said Wanda, she was using her powers to hold back the third guy. But she immediately stopped so she could help you. You dropped the gun onto the floor, clutching where the bullet had entered your body.

"Fuck," you said, stumbling backwards, "I really wasn't expecting him to shoot me," your breathing was raspy. Wanda used her scarf to apply pressure to the wound. "Thanks," you said quietly, you were dropping in and out of consciousness.

Nat managed to hold down the guy that shot you, after knocking out the other two. You lent against a wall, holding the scarf to your hip and trying to regulate your breathing. "Steve," you managed to say quietly, your breathing was less regular, and you were struggling to keep your eyes open. "I- will you tell Steve.."

You fell into a state of unconsciousness, sliding down the wall. Wanda managed to catch you before you could hit the floor. "We need to get her back to the tower," said Nat, holding the scarf to the wound as your hands went limp. Wanda wrapped one of your arms over her shoulder, and Nat did the same. They wrapped the scarf round your waist, as they helped you up.

Sam had been sent in as backup, he flew overhead. He spotted three guys unconscious on the street and some armed officers helping some civilians. Then he saw you, you were being held up by Nat and Wanda. He landed down a few feet in front of them and ran to help. "Is she down?" he asked, checking your pulse.

"She lost consciousness about a minute ago," said Nat. Sam took you into his arms as Nat and Wanda had to go and help clean-up.

"I'm gonna get her back to the tower," called out Sam, they nodded and Sam helped you into a cab. He dialled Tony's number, "Hey man," he said, checking your pulse again, "We kinda have a situation," your heartbeat was slow, and the scarf keeping pressure on your wound was soaked in blood.

---------

Bucky headed up to the kitchen to get some coffee. Steve was there, he was talking to Bruce. Tony came in, his head lowered, his phone glued to his hand. Bucky continued to pour coffee but he watched Tony. Maybe there were some benefits to his time as the Winter Soldier. Tony sat down resting his head in his hands, "Steve," he said. The elevator doors opened, and Bucky turned look.

You.

Your body was lifeless, being held up by Sam. A blood soaked scarf wrapped around your torso. Steve turned to look at you, frozen in shock. For about a minute, he just stared at Sam who was helping you. "Fucking do something," Bucky said, his voice raised, "She's gonna die, we have to do something,"

Author's Note ❤️: I was gonna update this yesterday but my wifi stopped working lol.

I hope this chapter was okay, i was kinda unsure about it