Finding Your Way Home

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"And I've been sinking in an oceanDrowning but I'm silentYet everyone thinks I'm afloat"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"And I've been sinking in an ocean
Drowning but I'm silent
Yet everyone thinks I'm afloat"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the evening after we'd saved Hermione and Harry in Godric's Hollow.

I hadn't slept at all the night or day we'd arrived at the forest. My mind was racing with too many thoughts to sleep: all I could think about was Remus and of he was okay, I kept thinking about Ron and if I'd been too harsh on him, thinking about these Horcruxes and wondering if we'd ever go back home.

Now, it was just setting into evening and I was sat outside with Hermione.

The boys were still asleep inside.

We were sat up against a large tree with a tartan blanket covering both our legs. Hermione had a book in her lap and I was listening to the radio's announcements-hoping for news on Remus's whereabouts. Frost covered the forest around us, leaves on the trees frozen in a pale blue case. Winter was definitely here, I could feel the icy cold chill of its arrival stinging my fingertips whenever they grazed the ground.

"No news on Remus again?" Hermione tilted her head sympathetically.

"No. None" I swallowed the emotion in my voice and leaned my head back against the trunk of the tree that was supporting us.

Harry emerged from the tent look groggy after woken up. He tugged down his knitted jumper once he felt the cold of outside, he pushed his glasses back up to his eyes and took a seat by the tree in front of us.

"Are you feeling better?" Hermione asked hopefully.

He gave her a reassuring nod as he looked around the forest, only just seeing it in the dim daylight.

"You've outdone yourself this time, Hermione" he told her with a small smile.

"The Forest of Dean. I came here once with Mom and Dad, years ago. It's just how I remember it, the trees, the river, everything. Like nothing's changed" she sighed, listing everything she missed with a solemn expression.

"Everything's changed, 'Mione" I made a feeble attempt at comforting her.

"If I brought my parents back here now, they probably wouldn't recognize any of it. Not the trees, not the river...not even me." Hermione said sadly, hanging her head with every word.

I grimaced as I felt her wave of pain wash over me. Harry frowned with concern and went to reach out to me, I stopped him by holding up my hand to him-letting him know that I was okay. Hermione's brows tented in an apologetic look.

"Maybe we should just stay here, Harry. Grow old" Hermione chuckled, knowing that we couldn't really do that.

"You know we can't do that, Hermione" I half-smiled.