15. Harry's Fall

(A/N: This marks the first mention of wrestling, which me and Tyler are both very fond of. It will be used sporadically throughout the story, but it won't be a main theme.)

After McGonagall's class, Ron and Harry were convinced that Draco is the heir of Slytherin, me and Hermione, however...

Not so much.

I mean, doesn't it all seem -- I don't know -- too perfect? Too easy? I don't know. Anyway, we are in the library. I sit with Ron and Harry as Hermione comes back with the book.

"Here it is: 'The Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another...'"

"You mean, Harry and I drink some of this stuff and we turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron inquires.

"No. She means if you drink it, you'll turn into a fucking alligator." I reply sarcastically.

"Yes." Hermione says after a second, "To you, Ron, not Sammy."

"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything!" Ron says, excitedly.

"Exactly. But it's tricky, I've never seen a more complicated potion. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed. And, of course, we'll need a bit of whoever we want to change into too."

"Hang on now. I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it." Ron objects.

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asks.

"A month." Hermione answers, frowning.

"A month? But if Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin... he could attack half the Muggleborns in the school by then." Harry argues.

"Glasses, she's aware of what it entails. She's Hermione." I say, "If it works like she says it will, I'm willing to wait a month." Hermione nods at me and I nod back.

"Bold of you to say, you don't have to drink it." Ron replies. I shrug.

It's finally the day of the season's first Quidditch game, and I'm excited beyond belief, expecting to finally learn about the elusive sport. I stand to the left of Hermione to my left stands Hagrid and to his stands Ron. When the ref blows the whistle, I learn absolutely nothing as students fly after a big red ball and a couple others attack a smaller black ball. while Harry stays static.

"Anyone know what's going on?" Nothing. "Well shit." Ron takes Hagrid's binoculars to look at the spectators' box. Soon Slytherin has a ninety to thirty lead, and I'm completely lost. The black ball is chasing Harry, and I think it takes out a Gryffindor, I can't really tell because they're just dots in the distance.

"Blimey, Harry's got 'imself a rogue Bludger!" Hagrid grunts.

"A rogue Bludger?" Ron asks.

"Look fer yerself! It's bin' tampered with!"

"I'll stop it!"

Ron lifts his wand as if to do something but Hermione blocks it, "You're joking, right? Even with a proper wand, it's too risky. You could hit Harry." She looks directly at me.

"Jokes on you, my aim is practically perfect." Now Harry's chasing something going head to head with Draco, ...and they're underneath the arena. Brilliant.

"You don't look like you're having much fun." Hermione notes.

"I'm not." I admit, "I'd rather stick to baseball."

She smiles just as Draco is launched into the air and onto the field. Harry flies up and out, chases something again, reaches out to grab it as the - I guess it's called a bludger - smashes into his arm, forcing him to change hands and after a few more seconds, he joins Draco on the ground. "Let's go!" Me, Ron, Hermione and Hagrid rush to the field as the announcer calls out Gryffindor as winners... for some reason and the ball continues trying to kill Harry, narrowly missing him three times before Hermione pulls out her wand, "Finite Incantatem!" The ball explodes as we rush over Harry, Lockhart joining us on the field.