64. The New Ministry

We procure three wizards and a witch from the Ministry to take their appearance in the polyjuice potion Hermione and I sped through making. We look at the four knocked out ministry members. "Guess we choose now."

"Well, unless one of you fancies wearing a skirt..."

"I could rock a skirt. A kilt, they call them in ye olde Scotland. But that jacket is not my style." I joke. This does briefly make Hemione smile. "I want Beardy. Ron, you take Perv Stache, Harry, you get Lame-O." They nod and we all pluck hairs, put them in individual cup of polyjuice potion. One for each of us.

Hermione swallows stiffly, taking my hand, "Remember what we said. Keep your eyes down. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Act as normal as possible. Just do what you see everyone else doing. We do that -- and with a bit of luck -- we get ourselves inside. And then..."

"It gets really tricky." Harry finishes.

"Correct." Hermione agrees. I look down into my cup.

"Yeah." Harry mutters, "This is completely mental."

"Completely." Hermione nods.

"Yeah, so are all of us." I say, "Well, at least I am, don't know about you lot." I screw my eyes shut and knock back the potion like they do shots in the movies, feeling a shiver blow through my body as I debate vomiting all over the floor. This comes to pass as the pain of transforming begins. In roughly ten seconds, I'm no longer me.

We head towards a men's restroom set underground like a subway. They didn't have these in New York. "Good luck, Peppermint." Hermione whispers.

"You too, Cinnabon." I whisper back. We split up. Person after person flushes as another enters. "We flush ourselves." I whisper to them.

"What?!" Ron shouts at a whisper, "That's bloody disgusting."

"You're telling me?" I hiss back.

"Quiet, both of you." Harry hushes. We take our spots in line. It doesn't take long for us to go. I take a deep breath and look at Harry to my right. I screw my eyes shut and flush.

Have I mentioned how much I hate apparating?

When we land in the Ministry building, it takes everything in me not to dry heave, my stomach's already fucked, this doesn't help at all. We meet up with Hermione near a statue that makes my chest tighten upon looking at it. I want to grab Hermione's hand, but right now, I'm Ilon Perseer, high ranking Death Eater, married to Inyoka Perseer. "You alright?" I whisper.

"No." She replies, but I'll be fine."

Finally, Harry and Ron catch up with us. "Are those-"

"Muggles. In their rightful place." It hurts her to even say it. The muggles depicted in the statue are being crushed under a pillar.

"I gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit." Ron says.

"How long did you say this batch of Polyjuice Potion would last, Hermione?" Harry asks.

Hermione looks away, "I didn't." We head towards the elevators and get on one. The doors almost close but are caught by a man who looks like the exact opposite of Mr. Rogers.

"Cattlemole." He hisses, glaring at Ron, "It's still raining in my office. Two days now."

"Really? Have you tried an umbrella?" I make a mental note to kick Ron.

"You do realise I'm on my way downstairs, don't you, Cattermole?" The intimidating man spits.

"Downstairs?" Ron questions, uneasily.