8. The Trap Door

(A/N: The music will make sense soon)

Me, Hermione, Ron and Harry are walking in the courtyard, after the end-of-the-year exams. After two months, with help from them, Neville and (kind of?) Snape, I have gotten to a point where I can accept Mom's passing. I'm lucky enough to have finality with her. I got my one last hug, and I still have three more conversations. Dad moved to London because of the pain he felt living in New York, so now we're all well within commuting distance. The tests were all easy, for me and Hermione at least, and we were the first two done.

"You know. I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione says.

"You're the smartest girl in the school, of course you did." I laugh, nudging her.

"Exactly, you two are geniuses! For us regular humans, that was dreadful." Ron says, before turning to Harry. "You alright there, Harry?"

"My scar. It keeps burning."

"It's happened before." Hermione says.

"No, like this." Harry replies, shaking his head.

"Maybe you should see a nurse?" Ron questions.

"I've got ibuprofen if you wanna try that." I offer.

"No." Harry refuses, "I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming. Uhh!" He looks over at Hagrid, who is at his hut, playing a flute. "Oh. Of course!" Hagrid's music? He picks up pace towards the titanic wizard and we follow.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?" That makes more sense. He approaches the giant of a wizard, "Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?" Hagrid stops.

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." Hagrid replies.

"The stranger, though, you and he must have talked?" Harry pushes

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'"

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep.'"

"Shit." I say, "We need to go, now!" We four run off as Hagrid calls after us. We soon end up in McGonagall's class. "We have see Dumbledore right away!"

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."

"What?! Not here?!" I almost shout.

"Professor McGonagall, this is important. It's... it's about the Sorcerer's Stone."

"How do you know?" She asks, shocked.

"Lady, I'm the smartest person in the world, I know everything. What's important is that someone's gonna swipe it!" I snap.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Your father helped make sure of it." She looks directly at me. "Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly."