77. Epilogue

I wake up with Hermione in my arms. My perfect Hermione. Before I get up, I enjoy just holding her a few moments longer, taking in the scent of cinnamon and the distinct beauty of early golden sunshine kissing her face. I kiss her on the cheek before sitting up and getting out of the bed. I grab a pair of jeans from my dresser and open my wardrobe, looking for a shirt to wear today. A pair of arms wrap around me from behind and a smile etches itself on my face.

"I tried not to wake you." I whisper.

"I know. Never seems to work." She replies, smugly.

I turn around in her arms and stare into her perfect eyes. Those same ones I fell in love with twenty-seven years ago. That I haven't ever loved an ounce less since. I lean down slightly to kiss her. The same electricity that has always existed flows through me. Lightning in a bottle a thousand times over. Then I move down to her neck, a second soft spot for her and I give it a big, sloppy kiss.

"Amos, Sammy! I have work today!" She giggles, prodding me with her elbow.

"I can't help it. You look so good that it just comes out of me."

"That's what she said, Sammy." She giggles, going to find clothes. I chuckle as I grab an old Gehrig Jersey of Dad's.

"Always stealing my jokes."

"Shouldn't tell them to me then."

"Then who'd tell me how bad they are?" I tease. Sitting down next to her as we pull on socks.

"Touche." She replies.

I notice a little smudge on her cheek. Chewing on her thumb while doing paperwork. She never fails to wake up without an ink stain. She starts to stand and I grab her hand. "Hold it, Mrs. Minister." She rolls her eyes at that. Never fails to make her smile, though.

"What is it, teach?" She questions with mock-annoyance. I lick my thumb and clean the smudge. She giggles, "You're worse than Mum."

"Hey you're the formal one." I shrug, standing and pulling on my Yankees cap.

"You're the only non-formal one. In the school."

"Hey, I'm the best teacher there. I think I've earned that." I joke, "Well, I'm off to start breakfast."

"Put some tea on too."

"So now you know what you want." I joke, before ducking out of the room as she throws a pillow where I once stood. From there, I brush my teeth in the kitchen and start at the stove. Preparing to make a classic American breakfast, ironically Hermione's favourite since childhood. Memories of our exceptional grades earning us a day off on her birthday flood my mind. Second year was an odd one, wasn't it?

Who am I kidding? All of them were odd. Even our last year. Awkward as hell being engaged and still in school, after everything we'd gone through, but we managed. There's a knock at the door. Hermione hurries in and grabs it. It's Dad.

"Something smells good." He notes as he enters, hugging Hermione.

"Breakfast for the lady and the kids." I reply.

He pulls me into a tight hug. "It's so good to see you." For the last two years (to the date, seeing off James before departing), Dad's been living with his study partner, Todd, in Germany working on Hedrich Corp's latest invention. This one is so secret, even I don't know anything about it. He couldn't stay away when his grandchildren were going to Hogwarts. "Amos, I've missed you guys. How's Harry?"

"He's good." Hermione answers.

"Good? He's the best bloody Auror on the planet." I chuckle, "Reckon he's better than good."