45. Christmas Done Right

Over the next few weeks, we teach the students as best we can. Great moments include: Harry getting Stupefied out of his shoes by Colin, Hermione blowing Ron away like a bitch with that same spell, Ron tried to play it off, but my laughing got the better of him, we levitated Colin (and Cho threw his sorry ass on the ground because she has the hots for Glasses), and everyone built up a perfect Expelliarmus, even Neville. Bubblegum has started questioning students and creating an entire commission to attempt to stop us. Fortunately it's made up of Slytherins and Amos knows just how idiotic they are. Now we're ready to let go for the holidays. The entire class is buzzing excitedly.

"Alright, liverbellies, listen up!" I shout, getting the attention of everyone. "My assistant-" Harry sharply clears his throat. "Apologies, my 'co-teacher' has something to say." this gets a few giggles, notably Hermione. I slap Harry on the back, "You're up, glasses. Have yourself a long-winded speech."

"Right then, thanks Sammy." Harry says, clearing his throat. "Now, we're not gonna be meeting again until after the holidays, so just keep practising on your own as best you can, and well done everyone. Great, great work. Sammy, anything you'd like to add?"

"I would make an elegant speech, but I'll just say this; you're all doing bloody great and I'm excited to see you all after break." Claps ensue and Harry can't stop staring and smiling at Cho. When me, Harry, Hermione and Ron are left. Cho lingers at the mirror. I kiss Hermione on the cheek, "We'll be in the Common Room then." We all leave and I stop Hermione right outside the door. "Look up, Golden." I whisper.

She does. "Mistletoe?" She whispers, "I guess it is that time of year." She looks at me with pursed lips, "Your move, Love." I take it, kissing Hermione softly and pulling her into a tight hug, taking in the smell of cinnamon I have fallen in love with, I swear I hear her purr into my ear. I take the opportunity to kiss the spot where her jaw meets her ear and she giggles. "I love it when you do that." she whispers.

I decide to play it cheesy, "I love you."

"Get a bloody room." Fred groans walking past us.

"Either that or shag right here, either way, it's just as unsanitary, realistically." George adds.

"Why don't you guys get yourselves a girlfriend, eh?" I shoot back.

"So we can focus on magic!" Both retort.

"Oh piss off!" Hermione snaps, before looking at me as they go another direction. I put my forehead down onto hers.

"Let's get back before Filch sees us and has a fit." Hermione groans, stealing one more kiss before pulling away.

"Since when are you the responsible one?"

"Since you forced me to be your teacher."

"I didn't force you." She argues, a little annoyed at that last statement.

"I'm just pullin' your leg." I put a small kiss on the tip of her nose, "but for real, we need to go. Especially if Cho doesn't like Harry like that."

"Why wouldn't she?"

"Just a precaution. Don't wanna dodge projectiles now, do we?"

"That is one of your strongest skills..."

"What's my strongest?"

"Kissing. So far." I lean down into another kiss. "That and insulting literally everyone."

"Double trouble." I remark. She hits me and we share a laugh, walking hand in hand back to the Dorm. When we get there, we wait a few minutes for Harry who is more excited than I've ever seen him.