62. A Wedding Gone Wrong

In the middle of the night, I hear creaking from the bed beside me, followed by the rustle of a bag and a door opening and closing. Then I hear it again, only minus the bag. I slide from underneath Hermione as carefully as possible, before I go out to follow the two... what's the opposite of an intruder? A deserter? Anyway, I head after them myself. I listen in on Harry's and Ron's conversation.

"Going somewhere?" Ron asks.

"No one else is going to die. Not for me." Harry replies. This shit again?

"For you? You think Mad-Eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you? You may be the Chosen One, mate, but this is a whole lot bigger than that."

"Come with me."

"What and leave Ava? Sam? Hermione? Without them, at least Sam and Hermione, we wouldn't last two days." Ron snaps back. "Just don't tell them I said that." I hide a small chuckle. "Besides, you've still got the Trace on you. And there's still the wedding." Ron adds.

"I don't care about a wedding, I'm sorry, no matter whose it is. I have to start searching for the Horcruxes. It's the only chance we have to beat him. And the longer we wait, the stronger he gets." Harry argues.

"Tonight's not the night, mate. You'd only be doing him a favour." Harry sighs and drops his bag. Ron picks it up and they start heading back. "Do you think he knows?" Ron asks, "I mean, they're bits of his soul, the Horcruxes. Bits of him. When Dumbledore destroyed the ring and you destroyed Tom Riddle's diary all those years ago -- he must've felt something right?" Harry remains silent. "What I'm saying is, if we do this thing right, if we find the Horcruxes and begin to destroy them one by one won't he know he's being hunted?" Well that thought's terrifying.

I decide to show myself, "Out for a midnight walk, are we?" Ron jumps, "Not the best place for one, boys."

"How much did you hear?" Ron gulps. I continue to glare at them.

"Enough. Glasses, not thinking of buggering off, are we? You know I'd just hunt you down, right?"

"Yeah." Harry mutters.

"And if you die, all of us will too? Trying to fight for you."

"Yeah."

"Then why try to go and put us in further danger than stay and let us be in the danger we already are? Honestly, Glasses, don't you even think?" Harry looks away. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get a cup of coffee before I snap on you."

Before long, it's the day of the wedding. We are all helping put up a tent for the wedding. "Alright everyone on three!" Arthur calls, "One... two... three!" We lift up the tent as a tall figure walks towards us. Dad scowls.

"Scrimgeour." He grunts, approaching the minister with Harry, I follow behind them. "The bloody hell do you want?"

"I think your boy there knows, Colson." We enter the Weasleys' place and sit in the living room. He draws a bag and a letter which he reads, "Herein is set forth the Last Will and Testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. First, to Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, a device of my own making, in the hope that -- when things seem most dark -- it will show him the light."

The minister hands over the small cylindrical object to Ron, "Dumbledore left this? For me? Brilliant. Er -- what is it?" Ron clicks it and all the light rushes from the lamps into the Deluminator, leaving the room dark. He clicks it again and light flies back to the lamps. "Wicked." the redhead whispers.

"Second, to Samuel..." he reads my my name a couple times and rolls his eyes, "Valar Saruman Overstrand Hedrich, I leave my copy of Ubeus Eragoran's book, Give Life to Each Other, in hopes that you'll find more to learn in it than I." I take the book.