Chapter 3: Revenge Time

Jackie POV:

I watched from the corner of the room as Barton was strapped to a hospital bed. Nat was sitting beside him as he strained against the bonds, breathing hard and shaking his head. "Clint, you're gonna be alright." She said, getting him some water and giving it to him.

"You know that? Is that what you know? I gotta go in though. I have to flush him out." Clint responds.

"You gotta level out, it's gonna take time."

"You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and stuff something else in? You know what it's like to be unmade?"

"You know that I do."

"Why am I back? How did you get him out?"

"Cognitive recalibration. Jackie hit you hard in the head."

At this, I chuckle. Barton turns his head trying to see me. I come up and stand where he can see me. "Thanks." He says, smiling. Natasha smiles at both of us and begins to remove the strap restraints. "Natasha, how many agents?" Clint asked.

"Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for." Nat said, scolding him.

"Loki. He get away?"

"Yeah. I don't suppose you know where?" I ask.

"Didn't need to know. Didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today."

Nat walks to the door, "We gotta stop him."

"Yeah? Who's we?"

"I don't know. Whoever is left."

"Well, if I put an arrow through Loki's eye socket I'd sleep better I suppose."

"Now you sound like you." I say, leaning against the wall, one foot crossed across the other, arms crossed, with a smirk on my face. This was my go-to stance, the was the position I found most comfortable.

"But you two don't. You're both spies, not soldiers. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't, I just..." Nat trails off. I know what she's talking about. Fury was my adopted dad after all. "Natasha, he needs to know," I say quietly, urging her on. Clint looks at her expectantly.

"I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out." She admits.

*****(Couple of Minutes)*****

Clint was in the restroom cleaning up, Natasha is sitting on the bed, and I'm still in my go-to position against the wall when Steve walked in, suited up. Nat stands up, feeling like some action is going to happen. "Time to go." He says.

"Go where?" I ask, taking the lead role in this conversation for the three of us.

"I'll tell you two on the way. Can either you fly one of those jets?"

At this moment, Clint came in from the restroom, drying his hands. I nod my head in his direction, "He can." Cap looks at Natasha, who nods. "Got a suit, Barton?" Cap asks, starting to leave. "Yeah," Clint says. I stand up and start to follow Cap, "Than suit up, bird boy." I order, leaving the room, and change into my gear, grabbing my guns, knives, and my archery set, which had several destructive arrow tips I designed for myself, as well as the usual SHIELD issued ones. I slipped on the combat gloves that I had to ask SHIELD personally for. They were enhanced where my powers wouldn't break them. All of my gear would still stay on me when I changed from Shadow to human.