Chapter 6: Damn You Zola

Jackie POV:

Cap, Nat, and I were now in the DC mall disguised. I was wearing a black tank-top, denim skinny jeans, a navy flannel, and black combat boots with a navy and black cap. Nat and I were used to being undercover but I could tell that this was out of Cap's league. Nat must've also figured it out because she soon spoke to him low so that only us three could hear the conversation. "The first rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." She informed Steve, who sighed, "If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." I grabbed both of their shoulders and guided them into a Mac store so that we could use one of their computers.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are." I told them, taking the flash drive out of my pocket.

"How much time do we have?" Steve asked, looking around nervously.

"Uh...about nine minutes from..." I paused to pop the flash drive into a MacBook Pro. "Now." A little bit later, I growled in frustration. "Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. The drive is protected by some sort of A.I. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Nat asked.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me." I said, irritated. I paused my typing and held up a finger to Nat's amused face, "Slightly." I repeated, glancing at her before continuing to type at the speed of light. "I'm gonna run a tracer. I do know that this is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from." I explained, knowing that this was like speaking Greek to Steve.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" An employee walked up and asked as I internally sighed.

"Oh, no. My fiancé and my BFF was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Nat lied, smiling and hugging onto a nervous Steve's arm and slung an arm around my neck. I lifted my head and sent my best smile at him before continuing to type.

"Right! We're getting married." Steve repeated, glaring at me as I snorted him.

"Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" The employee asked. Cap looked at the monitor and saw the signal tracing to somewhere in New Jersey. "New Jersey." Steve answered.

"Oh." He looked at Cap for a while longer, making Steve nervous. "I have the same glasses."

Nat scoffed. "Wow, you two are practically twins." She said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen." The employee said, looking Steve up and down. "Uh...if you guys need anything, My name is Aaron." He said, turning and walking away.

"Thank you," Cap called and then turned to me. "You said nine minutes, come on."

"Chill Capsicle, I got it." I told him, turning the computer screen towards them. The signal was coming from Wheaton, NJ. Steve looked at it and looked thoughtful for a second.

"You know it?" Nat asked him.

"I used to. Let's go." I grabbed the flash drive from the computer just as Cap reached for it. We glared at each other as we walked out of the store. "Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you two hit the south escalator to the metro." I rolled my eyes as I spotted two agents are coming straight towards us. I grabbed my phone and pretended to be absent-mindedly following the newbie and pro in front of me.

"Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something I said," Nat ordered.

"What?" Steve asked.