Chapter 36: The Big Three

Jackie POV:

        "I understand that you didn't know about it before so you could stop it before it became public. What I want to know is if you can do something about it now! At least get the shield back." I stated, rubbing my head in an effort to take away my stress-induced headache.

"Other than forcibly taking it? No." Ed informed me of what I already knew. "Sorry Jackie."

"Yeah, it's fine. I figured we wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway." I sighed. "Thanks for trying though."

"No problem." Ed and I talked for a little while longer before he hung up, mumbling something about a new suit for Morgan. Yes, Ed had already built an Iron Girl suit for Morgan. It didn't have very many offensive tools, just mainly defense and safety measures. After all, Ed had to keep his little family safe, right?

"Alright, what's the plan of action?" I asked Dad, who turned off the TV from the interview of this 'John Walker' that we were watching.

"We're going to talk to Sam." Dad stated, tossing a pistol at me and exiting the apartment. Popping an aspirin, I shallow it and follow him outside, mumbling all the while about wishing that I could just drop off-grid and live my life without problems. Although, to be fair, I've already tried that, and it didn't work--I got too bored.

*****(Later)*****

"Shouldn't have given up the shield." Dad told Sam while I thanked the guard for letting us in. It took a call from Nick Fury and Tony Stark to get us in, but we did it.

"Nice to see you too, Buck, Jackie." Sam greeted.

"Sam." I smiled.

"This is wrong." Dad lowly said.

"Okay look, I'm working, alright?" Sam deadpanned. "So all this outrage is going to have to wait."

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Dad asked.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?" Sam retorted, both men ignoring me as I rolled my eyes at the argument. Seriously, they were worse than Steve and Ed.

"Steve didn't want this." Dad stated.

"Oh my God." I groaned. "What do you want him to do, Dad? Call America and tell 'em he changed his mind?"

"Now hold on, you said that you agreed on me with this." Dad reasoned.

"I never said that." I defended, seeing Sam look at me oddly.

"Зима." (Winter) Dad stated.

"Папа, мы больше не проходим через это. Я не согласен с решением Сэма, но не думаю, что мы должны указывать ему, что делать." (Dad, we are not going through this again. I don't agree with Sam's decision, but I don't believe that we should tell him what to do.) I informed. "Стив дал ему щит, и после этого Сэм должен был делать с ним то, что он считал лучшим. Теперь, очевидно, он ошибался в том, что считал правильным. Но мы здесь, чтобы попытаться вернуть щит, а не спорить о том, что правильно, а что нет. Прошлое есть прошлое, мы не можем его изменить." (Steve gave him the shield, and after that, it was Sam's to do with it what he thought was best. Now, obviously, he was wrong in what he thought was right. But, we're here to try to get the shield back, not argue about what is right and what isn't. The past is the past, we can't change it.)