Chapter 8: Vacation

Jackie POV:

Steve, Sam, and I had gotten nowhere with finding my dad. I had kept in contact with Fury, Nat, and Clint so if the Avengers needed them, I would be able to let them know, Nat and Clint for missions and Fury if things got out of hand. Clint, his sister-in-law, and her twins (who Clint didn't even know existed until I stumbled upon them while chasing a lead, best we could tell was that Barney had been married then just up and left) were staying at my ranch with me when I wasn't chasing leads with the two boys.

Nat came and stayed with us sometimes. Currently, I was at the Avengers tower with Tony and Hill redecorating all of the rooms for everyone. I had just finished the final touches to Nat's room when I heard someone clear their throat. Turning around, I saw Clint leaning in the doorway. I threw my arms around his neck, nearly knocking him down. "Hey there Winter." Clint said chuckling about my reaction to him surprising me. Pulling away, I cocked my head to the side, "What are you doing here?"

Clint put his hand over his heart and feigned hurt, "What, are you not happy to see me?"

I narrowed my eyes and slapped his arm, "Of course I'm happy to see you, but I know you. You wouldn't come to the city unless you had to." I paused, "Plus, you have a guilty look on your face."

"Okay, okay, you caught me." Clint threw his hands up.

I put my hands on my hips, "Well?"

Clint sighed, "I have been called by Tony, Pepper, Steve, Sam, and even Nat about you spending too much time working and have been recruited to, I quote Tony on this, 'go and do whatever assassins do for fun'. So, you and I are going on vacation. For a month at least. Tony's orders, not mine."

"Dare I ask where we are going?" I asked.

"Well, Tony gave me a credit card and said have at it. So what do you want to do?"

"Right now I want to go get a drink. I'll decide where we are going for a month later." I said. I saw him looking me up and down. "What?"

"Is that my jacket?" Clint asked, a teasing glint in his eyes.

"Maybe? Why?" I sassed.

"No reason. Go change, we're going to dinner." Clint turned around and walked halfway down the hall before calling over his shoulder, "You can keep the jacket, it looks better on you than it does me." He continued down the hall before turning the corner and out of sight, leaving me in shock, something very hard to do, let me assure you. Suddenly it clicked in my mind. I sprinted after him and quickly caught up with him. I spun him around, "Did you just ask me out on a date Clint?"

Clint had suddenly found the floor very interesting. "Well?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Did you?"

"Hypothetically, if I did, what would you say?" Clint asked, looking me in the eyes without me having to basically force him to look at me.

I pursed my lips, "Well, hypothetically, if you did ask me out on a date, I would probably say yes. But, this is a hypothetical situation so it doesn't matter. Now answer my question."

"Yes, yes I did you ask you out on a date. So what do you say?" Clint said.

"Of course I'll go on a date with you. Where are we going?"

"Don't know. Dress semi-fancy. See you in two hours." He turned on his heel and walked into his room that I finished last week. I ran down the stairs and into Nat's temporary room. Throwing the door open, I saw her sitting on her bed with a smug grin on her face. "Okay, what the hell did you do?" I exclaimed.