Chapter 5: Race Ya Cap

Jackie POV:

I had been on the phone with Clint for the past half-hour, talking about everything and anything. "Why are you calling me when you're on a stealth mission?"

"Because I was bored."

"You're worse than a little kid Clint."

"You know you love me, Winter."

"Uh-huh. Whatever makes you sleep at night. Well, I gotta go. Cap and I are going running soon."

"You can keep up with him?"

"Yup."

"Alright. Talk to you later."

"Yup. Bye любовь." As I was hanging up I heard Clint ask me what it meant. Nat and I weren't going to be telling him what it meant anytime soon, so my secret was safe. I had finished tying my shoes when Steve knocked on my door, "Ready to go Jackie?"

"Yeah. Race ya there?" I asked.

"Sure." He said, smirking at the challenge. We had been running around the Washington D.C. Monuments for a while when Steve spotted a guy up ahead who was jogging and sped up. Yes, Captain America likes to tease people. This poor guy was going to be the victim. I sped up to match Cap stride-for-stride. "On your left." Cap says, passing him. I follow him, chuckling. We quickly rounded the block and was coming up on him again.

"On your left." Cap repeats.

"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it." The man responded, but we had already passed him. We were coming around the block to him again.

"You know, Steve, normal people don't, scratch that, can't sprint for 10 miles straight." I told him, running backward in front of him before turning around to run beside him. Steve giggled. Yes. Giggled. Captain America giggled.

"Well, good thing we're not normal people huh?" He asked.

"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" The man yelled.

"On your left!" Steve yelled.

"Come on!" He yelled. I slowed down as the man got upset and tried to catch up to him but only after a few seconds he's unable to keep up the sprint and stops to rest. I jogged over to where he was.

"You alright?" I asked. The man just nodded, bending over to catch his breath easier. I held out my hand, "Names Jacklyn Thompson. People call me Jackie though. And you are?" The man took my hand and shook it.

"I'm Sam Wilson." Steve rounded the corner and slowed to a stop when he saw me with Wilson.

"Need a medic?" Cap joked.

Wilson laughed, "I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you two just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes."

I cracked a smile while Cap responded, "I guess I got a late start."

"Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." Wilson hesitated for a moment before saying sarcastically, "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"What unit you with?" I asked.

"58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." Wilson told us. Sam lifted his hand to shake Cap's, "Sam Wilson."

Steve shook it, "Steve Rogers."

"Yeah, I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing." Wilson said.