Chapter 29: Glitch

I'm really tired TwT

Also, I redrew False because I wasn't happy with the other one. I did this awhile ago but I forgot to put it in a chapter :P

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1.6 K

~~

TW: Fighting, blood

~~

POV: Doc

~~

My footsteps echoed through the empty halls as I crept towards the Rune. My heart was hammering against my chest but I ignored it. Each of my hands gripped tightly to the hilts of my netherite swords, and armor hung from my body. I was ready for, itching for, a fight. 

Another intersection was up ahead, so I slid to the side, pressing my back to the wall as not to be snuck up on as I put one sword in it's sheath on my hip for easier access. I pulled my map out, making sure I was on the right path and where I was supposed to go next.

After I figured it out, I returned the map to my inventory and the sword to my hand, beginning to make my way to my destination. 

I knew I was close, just one or two more hallways to go, and that thought  made my nerves to go haywire. My body was shaking to the point where I was scared I wouldn't be able to hold onto my swords. I continued on, trying to calm myself down and get my brain to focus on the task at hand. 

Slowly, I made it to a corner, so I pressed my back to the wall, peeking my organic eye from around the corner. It was a weird sight to see the doors in the next corridor, as most of the others were hidden from our sights. Why this hall was different, I had no idea.

plooott reeaasooonsss~

Just as the prison cell had been, the door to the Rune was guarded by two Watchers. Both of them were standing, back straight, holding the hilt of a sword with the point down, resting on the floor. They didn't move a muscle, continuing to stare at the wall in front of them. I pulled back, hiding behind the wall again. As I forcefully calmed my ragged breathing, I thought of a plan. 

I knew I was too far away to use my melee weapons, so I slid the swords into the sheathes on my hips. I pulled a bow out of my inventory, along with 16 arrows which I placed in a quiver I had strapped on my back. A lone arrow was pinched between my fingers as I nocked it on the bowstring. The bow and arrow was pointed down at the floor in front of my, my back was pressed as far back against the wall as physically possible. In one swift motion, I stepped out from my cover, spun around, raised the bow, pulled back the string, aimed, and let go.

Before the creatures had the chance to react, my arrow lodged itself in the arm of the closest one. Nocking another arrow, I rolled out of the way of an oncoming shot of magic, barely avoiding getting my face blasted off. Another arrow flew from my weapon, hitting the same Watcher in the thigh. They fell to their knee, screeching in pain. 

I didn't have the chance to do anything else as the second Watcher grabbed my entire body with his evil magic. Panic flooded my veins, knowing I was trapped. Watcher 2, still holding his hand up, palm out towards me, walked to help his friend. As he was turned away from me, I let off a small explosion. It barely dented the walls and floor, but it shocked the Watchers, and they lost their hold on me long enough for me to get out. 

Using their shock to my advantage, I chucked an instant harming splash potion at the injured creature. The dark red liquid drenched the Watcher, seeping through their clothes, into their skin. They screamed in pain, falling back as the potion quickly worked its way through their body, and I knew it did its job when the creature disappeared in a puff of smoke.