Chapter 12: Together

I am watching Xisuma's Hermitcraft Rivals rn. 

That's all I have to say...

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1K 

~~

TW: blood, fighting, angsty shtuff

~~

POV: 3rd person

~~

Xisuma woke with a start, his breath cut off from hands wrapped around his neck. He snapped his eyes open to see his twin's psychotic grin smiling down on him. Xizara's long, dirty hair hung down around them, framing his face as he cackled. 

Xisuma panicked and tried to shove the Voider off of him. He kicked his feet and swung his fists but the Voider stayed put, straddling the Admin. His vision began to go black around the edges, so he resorted to shooting a blast of purple magic into his attacker's chest. Xizara flew back, hitting the opposite wall, leaving a hole.

The Admin jumped out of bed, still in his pajamas and without a helmet, pulled his netherite sword out of his inventory, and got ready to defend himself if Z attacked again. Much to his surprise, his twin got up immediately and ran to X, sword raised to attack.

 It startled Xisuma and he faltered for a second.

A second too long. 

Xizara swung his sword down, slicing it across his unprotected chest. Xisuma gasped and fell back onto the floor. His twin held the sword to his chin, snickering at how quickly X was defeated.

"Why are you doing this?" Xisuma croaked, feeling betrayal settle onto his heart.

Again, the Voider cackled. "You really shouldn't trust the crazy person," he sneered.

And in that moment, the Admin saw the insanity fill his twin's eyes and pour down his cheeks, dripping onto the floor.

Blood.

Xizara held up his sword and swung it towards Xisuma's neck.

A scream ripped through his throat as he bolted up in bed, only to meet the eyes of his twin. X shoved the white-haired boy away causing him to fall off the edge of the mattress. He scrambled away, huddling in the corner of his bed. Xisuma's heart pounded in his ears, breathes coming quick and erratic.

"Xisuma!" Xizara bolted up from his position on the floor to sit in front of the panicked Admin. The auburn cowered in the corner of the bed, staring at the Voider with terror filled eyes. His heart hurt seeing his twin like this. 

Zara tried to grab X's wrists but he lashed out, hitting Z in the nose.

"Stay away!" 

"Xisuma! It was just a dream!" 

His twin's eyes were wide, jerking around to study the room and Z himself. Xizara tried to reach out to touch X, but he jerked back, his breath hitching. He quickly pulled his arm back, tears forming in his eyes. 

He had heard Xisuma scream, which was what alerted him that something was wrong, but it's what X screamed that tore Xizara's heart to pieces. 

Xisuma had screamed for Xizara to stop.

Stop what, Zara did not know, but he knew from the way X had been thrashing around and how he reacted to him now, it was not good. 

He hated that he was causing so much pain and terror to come to his brother. It crushed him that Xisuma could not trust him.

Maybe it was better this way, though. Then if, no when, Z goes nuts again, X will be prepared. It wouldn't hurt his twin as much to ban him...

Or that's what Xizara hoped.

The Admin looked at him with his lilac colored eyes. "A dream?" he whispered.

Z nodded, hoping his brother was calming down. 

"You didn't-" Xisuma stopped himself short.

"I didn't what?" His voice cracked, tears threatening to spill. The auburn just shook his head. "No, please tell me." 

"I- you-you tried to c-choke me. An-and you cut me with yo-your sword..." His voice broke off with a sob. 

Xizara couldn't hold back tears anymore. He stood, not wanting to scare his brother anymore, and started stumbling backwards to the door. Xisuma looked up at him. "No! Wait."

He didn't. 

He turned and dashed out the door, wanting to get as far away from his twin as possible. He couldn't bare to stay when all he did was hurt X. 

It was so hard running from his twin, though. It's like a rope wrapped itself around his waist, trying to pull him back to his other half. He wanted to turn around to cut it, but his brain held the scissors in a cage inside a safe, and his heart held the keys, but he didn't have the courage to take them back. 

He wasn't ready to let go of Xisuma.

So he just ran on, ignoring the force pulling him back. 

Xizara heard the sounds of feet chasing him, so he pushed forwards, determined to outrun them this time. He made it outside, and instead of following the path, he smashed into the jungle, crashing his way through the shrubbery. Soon after, Xisuma followed him in.

X was faster than him, though, and very quickly gained on him, grabbing his arm. Z was spun around and pulled into his twin's warm embrace. He tried to fight his heart, but he immediately lost, sinking into Xisuma's arms. Xizara cried into the Admin's shoulder, mumbling sorry over and over again. 

Xisuma held onto his brother tightly. 

"I love you Z. I know it seems like I'm scared of you, but I'm not. I'm more so scared of losing you again. However, you did hurt me. I'm not going to pretend like you didn't. You did, and it's going to take time for me to heal, just like it will take time for you to heal. But we will, okay? Together."

Xisuma pulled back and held his hand out, a gentle smile on his face. Xizara smiled back, returning their special handshake. 

Together, they walked back to Xisuma's home tower.

Together, they sat at the couch and turned on a movie.

Together, they laughed and cried as the movie played on the TV.

Together, they fell asleep in each other's arms before the end credits had the chance to roll.

~~

A short, sweet, filler chapter for y'all!

This one almost made me cry, but I didn't!

*bows*

I know, I know, y'all are shocked!

Trust me, I was too...

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛