Chapter 4: Oh no...

I have literally wrote ALL day

I'm not even mad 

My fingers are tho

HAVE A CHAPTER 

*violently throws it at your face*

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1.4K

~~ 

TW: sadness?

~~

POV: Xizara

~~~

I woke up, and immediately gasped a sigh of relief, pain, and surprise.

Relief because I no longer hurt. For the first time in months, I don't feel like I am being ripped to shreds at all times.

Pain because there is light. I haven't see light since being banned, and by the feel of it, I am staring up at the sun. My eyes are closed, but my thin eyelids do nothing to stop the sun's rays. 

Surprise because, well I don't feel the bone-crushing pain and I see light.

I groan and drag my arm up to my face, letting it flop down onto my eyes to block out the sun. I am laying on my back on hot sand. 

I roll over to my side, coughing as I try to breathe. The atmosphere is different than The Void's, and it is almost too easy to breathe. I barely am able to turn over though, as my whole body feels like its a thousand pounds. I'm not used to gravity, either it seems. I try to open my eyes, but immediately squeeze them shut, still not able to handle the light. I am looking towards the ground now, trying to pull myself up onto my elbow. I fail miserably and fall back down, my head hitting the sand hard, groaning in pain, again.

That hurt

No sh*t. 

I try to open my eyes, and am able to open them a sliver, and everything I see is blurry beyond recognition. I groan for the third time and try to sit up, only to fail. Again.

My ears are ringing, and can't hear anything.

After a few tries of sitting up, I see feet hit the sand in front of me. Or at least a blob in the shape of feet. A shadow is cast over me as the mystery person bends down in front of me. Hands grab my arm, helping me to sit up, and I try to open my eyes enough to see them, but the sun had different ideas, so I just sigh and close them. 

My legs are sprawled out in front of me and I almost flop forward but hands steady me. Surprisingly there are four hands this time. At first I'm confused, but then realize there are two people now.

Or one monster.

I try opening my eyes for the hundredth time and am able to keep them open for a few seconds longer than before. A blob of a third figure stood a few feet in front of me. Blinking, I try to make out who they are and where I am, but am unable to do so as the sun wins again. I groan, again, and reach up to rub my eyes. Two hands leave my body and grasp my wrists softly, slowly bringing them back down. Someone, the same person who grabbed my hands probably, grabs the helmet that I had clasped to the side of my belt and take it off. I try to tell them no, but it only comes out as a grumble. 

They pull the helmet completely off. Gloved fingers gently pull my long hair out of my face and slide the helmet onto my head, clipping it in place swiftly. 

Huh. It took me months to figure out how to do it that easily.

I sighed in relief as the visor blocked out most of the UV rays. Growing up in The End, we rarely saw the sun, so when we were made the armor, we made sure to get visors that blocked out the sun from our sensitive eyes. Thank goodness for that, seeing as now my eyes are more sensitive than they ever were before.