Chapter 7: The Story

Hi...

I drew that...

It's Team Zit...

Yeah...

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.4K

~~

TW: blood, gore, fighting

~~

POV: Joe Hills (forgive me. I'm not good at writing smart)

~~

The Hermits and I sat on the steps in front of the Town Hall, disputing over who was going to tell Grian what went down all those years ago, in Season 5. I lie back against the cement banister, relaxing, or as relaxed as I could get with Cleo laying her head on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair as I silently listened to the other's quarrel.

"I wanna tell him," Zedaph whined. Immediately, his two best friends jumped in with a synchronized 'no!' I chuckled at their bickering. 

"I think TFC should," Stress contributed.

Said player shook his head slowly. "I'm gettin' older and don't remember everything as well as some of you do."

"I'll do it." Doc's voice cut through through the crowd.

"If you do it, you'll only tell him the bad things that happened," Hels protested.

False spoke up. "Was there any good that happened?"

"Yes!" exclaimed Hels, exasperated. "He was my friend, and I know for a fact he hadn't always been evil!"

"He was all of our friend, but even before he went nuts, he never was the nicest." I am pretty sure Hypno was the one that said that. 

Hels rolled his eye, a scowl on his side of their face. Wels gave everyone a sorry look. 

"All I'm sayin is that he hadn't always been what the others make him out to be, Grian. Just know that before you form an opinion on him." After saying his piece, Hels sat back, and kept his mouth shut, or his side of it at least.

"I won't. I want a full story, though, not just your guy's opinions on what happened." 

Everyone nodded at the blonde's words. "We'll try to give you the least biased story we can." We all laughed at Iskall's words. 

Etho sat forward. "Who is the least biased person then?"

In unison, every single Hermit turned their gazes towards me. "What? Why me?"

"'Cause you aren't biased," Cleo answered.

"An' why is that?" She just gave me an 'are you dumb' look. 

"Plus, your great with words," the Limus, Jevin, spoke.

"But-"

"No butts!" I laughed at Cleo's immaturity. 

"Okay, okay. I tell it." The Hermits nodded in appreciation. "Where do I start?"

"The beginning." Grian answered.

I chuckled. "That makes it so much easier. Thank you."

"Your welcome."

"So. Evil Xisuma-"

"Xizara," Hels and Grian corrected at the same time.

"Sorry. Xizara joined in Season 3. He had always been apprehensive-"