Chapter 26

Kendall walked into Karla's place with three cups of coffee in her hands. She was immediately greeted by Toast, who only seemed to be getting bigger every day. He greeted her with a wagging tail and jumping up before he ran back into the room Karla was in.

"Hey, Kar." Kendall said, looking up and seeing Kylie grinning at her too, "Ooh Ky, I didn't think you would be here already."

Kylie was laid out on one of the couches whilst Karla was sat on a spinning chair in front of the sound panel, a guitar placed in her lap.

"I thought we were meant to get here for 1:30." Kylie mumbled, taking the drink from Kendall gratefully, "I've been here an hour already."

"...and she hasn't stopped complaining about it since." Karla joked, "I've been trying to learn a new song on guitar and keep fucking it up. Kylie pregnant is a hard one to entertain."

Kendall laughed as she joined Kylie on the couch and pulled Toast up to sit with them, "Kylie, being early is better than being late. Besides, you got to hear our talented sister, how could you complain about that?"

"Alright kiss arse." Kylie chuckled.

Karla laughed as she grabbed a stomp box from the other side of the room and brought it over to her chair, "I wanted to show you guys something I've been working on."

"I'm all ears." Kendall said, looking at her sister expectantly.

Karla cleared her throat as she messed about with her guitar out of nerves, "I wrote this song about you both. You were always there for me and tried helping me throughout everything."

"Awh, kid." Kylie cried out, already feeling herself getting emotional before her sister had even started the song.

Kendall's breath hitched in the back of her throat as Karla started playing the guitar and softly sang out the words.

* listen to light on by maggie rogers here *

"...if you leave the light on, then I'll leave the light on..."

Karla sang the last few words and looked up at her two sisters who were both pretty emotional by the looks of things.

"That bad?" Karla joked, wiping a stray tear away quickly.

Kendall shook her head and made her way over to her quickly, engulfing her in a big hug, Kylie following behind quickly.

"We love you so much, Kar." Kendall whispered, "I'm so glad you're you."

Karla grinned and stepped back, "Thanks, guys."

Kylie pulled back in the hug and said, "Can we order food now? I'm starving."

Karla laughed and pulled back too, "Sure, I'm hungry too."

Toast nudged the guitar that Karla had lent against her chair, causing a large clattering sound to fill the room and for the three girls to cringe. Karla picked up the puppy with a groan.

"Damn, boy," She chuckled, "You know how to get attention." Karla stood up and made her way over to the box of treats and put the dog down, "You wanna sit for me? That's it, sit, sit, come on!" She pleaded as Toast finally complied and sat down, his tail wagging incredibly quickly making his bottom half wiggle along with it.

Karla gave the small puppy a treat and squealed in delight, "Ooh, I love you so much."

Kendall chuckled as she watched the display in front of her, "I can't believe how big he's getting," She commented, "I reckon he's gonna be a real big boy."

"I know," Karla cooed, shaking his fur as she kissed his head several times, "I'm seriously obsessed with him."

"I can tell," Kendall chuckled, "What are you gonna do when you're away from him for your programme in London?"

Karla covered his ears playfully, "Don't listen to her, I'm not going anywhere." She joked, before continuing, "I will struggle and will definitely facetime him every hour to make sure he doesn't forget me. But, I am also so so excited for going away!" She revealed, "I joined this Facebook group for people doing the course and everyone seems super nice."

Kendall frowned, "And people know who you are?"

"Well, not exactly." She said, "My profile pic is Toast, but I told them my name was Karla and then used Houghton so mom's maiden name."

Kendall nodded, "Well, just be careful, okay?"

Karla rolled her eyes, "Don't worry, Ken. I know the drill."

Her sister nodded understandingly but held her hands up in mock defence, "I know, but I still worry. What kind of a big sister would I be if I didn't worry?"

"You'd be like Kylie," Karla replied, nodding over to her other older sister who was on her phone flicking through the menu on a restaurant on UberEats, "Looking to see what she can get for lunch."

Kylie looked up upon hearing her name, "Hey, shut the fuck up," She joked, "I care and I worry about you. But I also worry about when I'll be getting my next meal because you two keep on chatting shit and putting the delivery time off later and later."

The two laughed and joined her back on the couch, ready to discuss what food they were going to be getting from the Mexican restaurant. They ended up ordering a lot of food to consume for the three of them, but they were all incredibly hungry and knew they would be able to eat it all. Luckily, the food arrived in good time and they were able to cure their cravings within 40 minutes which seemed very fast considering Los Angeles normal waiting game.

"You know, I think I want to go vegan." Karla brought up, scrunching up her burrito wrapper and adding it to the pile.

Kylie laughed, "You say that after eating a burrito that consisted of mainly beef and cheese."

Karla scowled and tossed a tortilla chip in the other girls direction, "Fuck you."

"Kim and Khloe have been eating plant-based." Kendall said, "Apparently it really helped their skin."

Karla nodded, "Yeah, I was talking to Billie about it and..." She paused, noting her sisters smug looks, "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." Kendall smirked.

Kylie cackled, "Someone has a crush."

Karla blushed as she threw, yet another, chip at her sister, clearly thinking the action alone carried a lot of weight and importance at pissing off her sisters.

"You guys are so fucking annoying." She groaned at her giggling sisters, unable to help but join in - half in embarrassment and half because she felt genuinely happy and excited for life.

a/n

hey besties!! thank you so much for getting this story to 100k+ reads, is really so very lovely and sweet. (i'm lowkey drunk rn, can you tell?) but anyways, i hope you're all staying safe and are well :) my dm's are always open if you ever want a chat!

was thinking of perhaps making a playlist of songs that i kinda associate with this story, is that something you guys would be interested in? also, i changed the cover for the book to the lovely and beautiful diana silvers!! just think she kinda looks like she could be a member of the family hahaa so that is who i know associate with our fictional karla jenner ;)

btw if anyone likes sex education, i have begun to work at a maeve wiley gxg fanfic which is posted on my page so pls check it out :) hope you liked this chapter and if you have gotten this far on my ramblings then comment 'bestie' or anything heheeeee

all the best :) x