Chapter 27

Karla and Billie were sat on the small balcony of Karla's place sipping on cans of Pepsi. Their legs hung over the balcony through the gaps in the railings - it was incredibly hot in Los Angeles, but it was now approaching the evening so, as the sun went down and a gentle breeze was replaced, it felt nice (and bearable to be outside). Karla was set to be going with Kim and Kendall to New York for about a week tomorrow and so it was the last time they would get to hang out before she leaves.

"I can't believe you'll be gone for a week." Billie whined, taking her eyes off the view in front of her to turn and look towards Karla, "Who am I supposed to hang out with when you're gone?"

Karla chuckled, "I'm sure you'll find someone to fill your time with." She said, turning to face the girl, "They probably won't be nearly as good as me though."

Billie shook her head with a laugh, "I do have high standards on people after hanging out with you so often."

"You're such a charmer." Karla said, patting the other girls knee and standing up, holding her hand out for the other one to grab.

Billie looked at her hand and then took it, pulling herself up as she stared into Karla's eyes. Their relationship had definitely grown pretty fast. Since seeing each other again on the beach the day after Karla's birthday nearly two months ago, they seemed to spend most days together. Karla definitely had feelings for Billie and they seemed to flirt, but she wasn't too sure if Billie was just playing and it was all just platonic. It's not like they had any mutual friends either that she could ask about, so she was just left to pick up clues, like the way Billie looked at her.

"Ahh, hell yeah." Billie said, picking up another piece of her pizza and shoving it in her mouth, "I thought it was all gone."

Karla laughed and shook her head as she shut the sliding doors and locked them, knowing she'd forget to if she didn't now. She needed to head to Kim's place soon as their flight was going to be early in the morning.

"You know I need to leave, right?" Karla asked with a laugh, noticing the way Billie had made herself comfortable on the couch whilst Karla was gathering some of her things into the backpack she had brought, "...which means you need to as well."

Billie just shrugged, not moving an inch despite being told she needed to leave.

"You're impossible!" Karla exclaimed with a laugh, throwing her sweater to the girl with a playful huff.

Billie caught it with a smirk, "You're quite easy to irritate you know."

Karla rolled her eyes and made her way over to her on the couch and tried pulling her up, which wasn't exactly easy because of how much Billie resisted. Eventually, she decided for alternative tactics and just flopped her whole weight on top of her.

Billie groaned and tried pushing her off, but gave up after a few minutes when it wasn't working and all she could hear was the infectious giggles of the girl on top of her, causing her to start laughing as well. So, instead, she just wrapped her arm around Karla's small frame with a sigh. Karla lifted her head with a grin to look at Billie's face. However, it started to drop when she noticed Billie looking down at her lips.

With gentle movements, Karla began to lean in as she watched Billie wet her lips with her tongue. Their lips met and moved in sync as Billie's hand reached up to cup the other girl's cheek. The kiss deepened and Billie tried to switch positions, but they ended up just falling down on the floor with a loud thump.

The pair giggled and Billie shuffled to straddle Karla's waist and began to kiss along her jawline and down her neck as she began to suck on the skin causing a purple bruise to appear. They were so involved in what was going on that they almost didn't notice Karla's phone starting to ring loudly, which eventually caused them to pull apart quickly.