Chapter 28

Karla looked out to Central Park with a gleam from her hotel room. She absolutely adored New York City - it was something about the charm the city had and from all the romantic movies set in the city, she just fell in love with it every time. Kendall and Kim had a shoot this morning, with a call time of 5 AM, so Karla just decided to sleep in and wait until the shoot was over at noon to get driven to them then.

Billie was still yet to give her any kind of communication, besides viewing her instagram story (that she had admittedly posted with the intention of getting her to see it). So, she was still in the dark on how all that was to play out when she returned to LA. But, she had filled the morning with ordering room service and facetiming Khloe and Toast - her older sister promising to look after him well.

As noon rolled around, Karla was picked up by one of their security guards and driven to Kim and Kendall who were shooting a campaign for Skims. She got to admire the city more as she was driven down its streets, taking multiple pictures. When the car rolled to a stop, she was startled by the number of people in the crowd. Sure, there were people with cameras covering the streets of Los Angeles, but she rarely came into contact with crowds like these - it made her anxious, that's for sure.

"Just keep your head down, ma'am," The security guard said as he opened her door for her, "It'll be over within 30 seconds."

Karla stepped out of the car and put the sunglasses over her eyes which had been resting on top of her head. The flashes were so bright and blinding, and she did not want to see any pictures of her squinting away.

People were calling out her name and the sounds of cameras clicking were the only sounds she could really decipher. She had never really had much contact with the fans of their show because her family always sheltered her when they were in crowds. The only time she really came into physical contact with them, would be on the streets when people would ask her for pictures, but that was quite the rarity.

She made her way into the restaurant and was escorted to a table where Kim and Kendall were sitting - the two of them looking through the menu.

"Good morning, ladies." Karla greeted, taking off her jacket as she sat down.

Kim scoffed, "Afternoon, actually." She corrected, "We've been busy at work, whilst you slept away."

Karla chuckled, "That was your choice, bro."

Kendall rolled her eyes with a small smile on her lips as she played around with the menu in her hands, "Did you have a nice morning?"

"Yeah, it was nice and slow." Karla said, before winking and saying, "Not to rub it in or anything."

The sisters all chuckled quietly and shrugged.

"You heard from Billie yet?" Kim asked.

Karla deflated slightly and shook her head, "Nope, but it's fine."

Kim pouted in response and rubbed at her baby sisters shoulder in an attempt to comfort her, "Awh, bless." She said, "I'm sure you'll hear from her soon, but if not it is her loss, okay?"

"Sure thing, Kim." Karla joked, but her sisters could see how much it was troubling her.

The waiter then made their way to the table and took the three's orders before leaving them be.

"I actually have been thinking of making a YouTube channel." Karla said, chewing on her bread and then continuing, "Where I teach guitar or piano and then I can give away the instruments to people who are unable to afford one." She explained, "I'm not amazing at playing, but I think I know enough to teach tutorials or something. What do you guys think?"