Chapter 13

It was five in the morning.

Kris Jenner was sat on the stairs, staring at the front door anxiously, obsessively. Karla still hadn't returned home - her phone was turned off, nobody could find her. Kris' thoughts were running wild and she was only picturing the worst right now. Karla lying in a ditch somewhere, her friends not being so friendly after all.

Everyone was out looking for her, but Kris was told to stay here because Karla could home at any moment. But Kris was becoming skeptical of Karla returning home willingly ever again.

Her cell phone rang.

Los Angeles Police Department.

Dread ran through her veins at a sickening pace. Were they calling to inform her that Karla was hurt? Or were they calling because Karla had gotten into some sort of trouble? Well, with her friends, it was probably most likely.

"Hello," Kris said into the phone anxiously, "Kris Jenner speaking."

"Hello, ma'am. We have your daughter- Karla Jenner- in custody with us as she was arrested along with five other young people. They were all clearly intoxicated and after doing drug tests, we can confirm that your daughter was under the influence of cocaine. You are able to come and pick her up." The police officer told her, not sugarcoating anything.

"I-uhm, okay I'll be there shortly." Kris replied, her whole world feeling like it was coming down around her.

"Okay, see you soon." The officer said, "You'll need to have some form identification in order to be able to collect her."

Kris hung up the phone and just sat in silence for a few minutes before she brought up a hand to her mouth to muffle the sob that was about to escape. How had she fucked her daughter up this much? Cocaine. Not even weed, but a hardcore drug. This was it, Kris thought, we need to get her the help she needs.

Kris (5:13 am): Police called. Karla got arrested and was under cocaine. Someone look up rehab centres for teenagers so we can check her into one soon. She needs help.

Ignoring the insane flood of texts, Kris left the house and got into her car. She drove to the police station as quickly as she could, without speeding. Parking her car quickly and trying to slow down her erratic heartbeat before she entered the station to pick up her youngest daughter. This was never the scene she wanted.

Once in the station, Kris was lead by the police officer who had been on the phone to her and got to the room where her daughter was. Karla's head turned in the direction and Kris' breath hitched in the back of her throat. Her pupils were incredibly dilated to the point where her eyes just looked black, instead of their usual chocolatey brown, and her nose was slightly runny.

Karla was clearly coming down from her high as she looked kind of sluggish and not as excited as you'd expect someone under coke would be.

"Karla." Kris said, feeling her emotions creep up on her, "I'm so sorry. I've failed you. I'm so so so sorry. It's my fault you're here."

The young girl frowned deeply, standing up from the chair and taking steps over to her emotional mother.

"It's not your fault." She whispered, slowly wrapping her arms around the woman, "You tried to stop me."

Kris tightly wrapped her arms around the girl and even in her emotional state, she still turned her nose up at the smell of her daughter - she smelt of smoke, alcohol and just dirt.

Karla let out a shaky breath, "I don't want to be alive anymore, mom."

Letting out another louder sob, Kris cradled her baby girl's head in her arms and kissed her head repeatedly.

"Life can be beautiful, my darling." Kris told her, "You've just stepped off the path, but we'll get you back onto there. I promise you. You have so many people that love you Karla, so many people would take a bullet for you. We would give up everything for you."

The two stood there for around ten minutes in each other's arms until they both left the station, Kris needing to sign a few things before though. Karla fell asleep in the car and so Kris got their security guard- Mike- to carry her up to her room and, as creepy as it sounded, she had him stand outside the room to make sure she didn't leave in the night.

The family were all seated around the kitchen, all of them looking and feeling absolutely exhausted seeing as they were all yet to get some sleep yet. All being filled in on what Kris had been told and experienced tonight.

"I found a centre called Mayfield and it specialises with issues that Karla's dealing with." Kim told everyone, showing pictures to everyone on her phone, "It's about an hour and a half away from mom's house, but it's very private and it would be out of the public eye."

Kyle bit her lip, her eyes welling up with tears, "Will we be able to see her a lot though?"

"Immediate family can go at visiting hours which is three until five thirty and when Karla would start to improve, she can have privileges like going out with us and stuff." Kim explained, "I called them up and they'd be able to take her in tomorrow."

"That soon?" Kendall asked.

Khloe rubbed her temples, "Ken, you were the one who was constantly reprimanding us to help Kar and now we are you're suddenly not happy with it?"

"That's not what I'm saying at all." Kendall snapped back, "Sue me for going to miss her."

"I think we'll all miss her." Khloe snapped back, feeling irritated by everything right now.

Kris sighed, "Maybe we should all just try and get some sleep before we deal with tomorrow."

"Whatever." Kendall said, standing up and storming off.

The night for the family was restless, it was safe to say that. It was sleepless for many, them all apart and some of them looking through old memories of their youngest sister back when times weren't so complicated.

Karla herself laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling, wondering where her life was going to be heading. She was completely oblivious that tomorrow her life would be changing completely.

A/N
Short, I know, butttttt I have ideas and stuff so yahhhhhh. Hope you like this, let me know if you have any ideas or anything, etc etc.
- jess