Chapter 8

Karla sat in her room and scrolled through twitter. She checked the trending topics and the second thing trending was "Karla Jenner spoilt bitch". As she clicked on the tag, she was met with an overwhelming amount of hate. A few people were there to defend her, but there weren't many of them.

After scrolling through the hate comments for about ten minutes, her bottom lip began to wobble and gathered in her eyes. The door opened and in came Kim, looking concerned.

"Go away." Karla cried, turning her back towards Kim.

"Why are you crying?" Kim asked her softly, moving to sit on the bed next to Karla.

"I said, go away!" Karla screamed through gritted teeth, "Everything is all your fault."

Kim's breath hitched in the back of her throat, not sure on why Karla was so upset over the conversation that had just happened near the poolside.

"Everyone hates me after the YouTube leak." Karla weeped, "Why couldn't you have just let me be?"

Kim looked to the ground, "I just thought that..."

"No! You didn't think at all." Karla snapped.

The door opened and in came Kris, looking concerned after she heard her daughters loud cries.

"Kim, honey, why don't you go out with the others now?" She requested quietly, "I've got her."

Kim pursed her lips and left without another word, leaving an miscommunicated mother and daughter.

"Sweetheart, whats wrong?" Kris said, sitting next to Karla's laid down body and put a hand upon her back.

Karla let out a couple of uneven breaths and then placed her phone in her mothers hand, twitter already being pulled up with the trend.
Kris looked down at the phone and scrolled through a couple of tweets, before stopping and dropping the phone on the bed.

"None of those people know you, Kar." Kris tried.

"They're all hating on my singing. Thats me, really exposed. My biggest secret: exposed." Karla cried, "I just want to be alone, mom."

"Well, if thats what you want." Kris sighed, getting off of the bed and making her way to the door before turning back, "We'll check on you later."

Karla ignored her mother and just stared out the window, chocking back on her sobs.

***

When Kris returned to the pool, everyone raised a questioning eyebrow seeing as Kim had already informed them all over Karla's distressful state.

"There's a trending hashtag on twitter - 'Karla's a spoilt bitch' or something." Kris explained.

Kylie frowned, "What the hell? Where did that come from all of a sudden?"

Kris shrugged slightly, "I'm not sure exactly."

Khloe went onto twitter and scrolled for a while whilst the others talked amongst themselves about the situation.

"Apparently someone from her High School sold a story to TMZ about her supposedly being stuck up in school." Khloe said.

"What the fuck?" Kendall questioned with a raised voice, "Mom call the principal, or the police! Find out who did that and get them into trouble. They can't go round and do shit like that to her."

"I'll ask Karla first - she may not want me to." Kris responded.

Kendall scoffed, "Fuck that! She wouldn't want you to, but those fuckers who sold that story, to get like a hundred bucks, need to be taught a lesson."

"Calm down, Kenny." Kourtney sighed.

"No, fuck that." Kendall shouted, "I'm going to call the principal right now."

Kendall stood up and stormed off, grabbing her phone and walking off into the opposite direction. Kylie sighed and ran after her, hoping to be able to stop Kendall from making any rash decision.

***

Monday morning. Karla was dreading going in today. After Kendall called her principal, the news broke out that it was Justin Kimmer- the most popular boy in school- who had sold the story. The principal couldn't do anything, but everyone knew that Karla's family wanted him to, which could possibly suggest that she will be Justin's new target.

When Karla came downstairs in the morning, Kris was ready to drive her to school and go into school with Karla for a meeting with the guidance counsellor.

"Come on, honey." Kris greeted her, "I have a meeting to get to."

Assuming her mom just meant she had a meeting about the show or something, Karla nodded and swung her backpack over her shoulders and followed her out to the driveway.

The drive was quiet. Karla didn't want to get into a deep conversation- not like she ever did with her mother anyway- and have time go by quickly and have her pulling up outside school seemingly quicker than any other day. She didn't want to walk through them school doors and be given the dirty stares from her classmates. She never wanted it.

The car pulled up outside school and her mom parked up and opened her door. Karla got out of her side and looked at her mom incredulously.

"What are you doing?" She questioned, "Don't you have a meeting to get to?"

"Well, yeah." Kris answered, "I have a meeting with your guidance counsellor."

"Why?" Karla sighed.

Kris shrugged lightly, "He requested to see me."

"Oh my god." Karla groaned, "End me."

Karla walked away from Kris as soon as they got into the building, not even bothering to say goodbye to her. She went straight to her first lesson, which was chemistry, and sat with her head down for the majority of the day.

Until fourth period, when she had History class with Justin and he walked past her, singing high pitched to a song that was on her YouTube account. Karla awkwardly ran her hand through her hair and tapped her finger on the table.

"I loved that video, Karla." Justin teased, "It really got all of your talent in."

Karla rolled her eyes."

"Not me." Another boy said, "I liked the High School Musical song she covered. Shows her childishness."

Karla blushed and felt tears well up in her eyes as she swallowed thickly.

"Oh yeah, what a classic." A girl said, "How embarrassing that she even did that."

A tear fell out of her eye and she just wiped it quickly.

"She must have leaked them herself!" Someone said, "Why else would they have gotten out?"

"Yeah! She can't even sing well." A boy shouted from across the room.

That was enough to let the tears start streaming down her face and Karla realised she couldn't be here any long. So she left, grabbed her things and ran out the school building. She ran to the one place where she knew she wouldn't be judged. The place where no one would find her until she wanted to be found.

***

A/N
THIS IS SO BAD AND IT TOOK SO LONG I APOLOGISE. I HAVE ZERO MOTIVATION SO IDEAS??