chapter 35

Karla had started going to the studio late in the evening and not returning home until the early hours of the morning – much to her mother's horror. She just was loving making music more than normal and since coming back from London she felt kinda stumped at what else she could do. Plus, Billie had been really busy recently with press and her own music so what else was the girl to do?

This morning, at around 5am she decided to head back, but on the way back she passed a 7 eleven and really wanted a drink. So she pulled in got out as she wandered down the aisles looking for something to eat. She picked up some poptarts and wandered over to the cold brew and filled up a cup, whilst grabbing a smoothie.

"Oh my God, no way!" Karla heard someone exclaim, "Isn't that one of the Kardashians. The youngest one, right?"

"Ah yeah, that's the one."

Karla immediately froze up as she heard the footsteps come after her. It sounds silly but she was never really in these situations, people rarely noticed her when she was alone. And now she had some two random men making her way up to her at 5 in the morning.

"Hey, girl." One guy tapped her on the shoulder, "What's good?"

Karla spun around quickly, looking at the two men frightfully, "Uh, hi."

"Can we get a picture?" One man slurred.

Karla nodded with a tight lipped smile, "Yeah, sure."

The two men put their arms around her - practically hanging off her and she could smell the cigarette and alcohol on their breath - they took the photo and started to pull away. When one of the guys ran their hands down her back and onto her ass she immediately recoiled and took a step forward, trying to smile as genuinely as she could.

"Nice to meet you guys, I must be off now." She said before taking her stuff to the counter and paying with cash, definitely not missing the way the two men started following her out and filming her on their phones.

Karla walked quickly to her car, her heart racing when she heard the two men calling after her. She turned around and saw one man reaching into her jacket and pulling out a gun.

"Fuck," She muttered under her breath and ran to her car, seeing the two other men getting onto motorbikes.

Her car started and she sped out of there and back onto the freeway - not heading in the direction of home, just hoping that she could lose the two men that was right in behind her. She kept driving away, watching her speed increase before looking back in her mirror and seeing just one man behind her. When looking back in front her heard stopped as she saw the man stopping right in front of her. Karla immediately swerved to the right, crashing into a wall and smashing her head up against the steering wheel. The last thing she remembers is picking some glass out of her arm and having the door swing open by that very same guy that caused the crash.

***

Kris woke up that morning and got on with her usual morning routine before going to check Karla's room to make sure she got home last night. When she peered her head in and saw her bed still neatly made her heart began to race. She immediately walked into the room and though to the bathroom calling out the younger girls name but was met with silence.

She ran downstairs and down the driveway towards her security guard who would have seen Karla return this morning if she ever did.

"Did Karla come back last night?" Kris asked breathlessly, "Her room is empty!"

"Sorry, Kris but I haven't seen her." He said, "Do you think she stayed at one of her sisters?"

Kris didn't even stay to chat as she immediately sent the family group chat a message.

kris [07:23 am] - Did Karla come back to any of yours last night? She isn't back home

kim [07:24 am] - No, she's not here

kourtney [07:25 am] - Not here either, maybe she stayed the night at Billie's?

kendall [07:30 am] - no i haven't seen her, and kar said billie was busy this week so cant be there either

kendall [07:31 am] - should i go to the studio now??

khloe [07:32 am] - she isnt here either

kylie [07:32 am] - nope not here

Kris immediately called Karla's number and was met immediately with the answerphone. She then checked her location and found it empty. The worst of thoughts filled Kris' head about Karla being gone. She thought she was better? This just all felt too real.

Kris clicked the call button on the family group chat and was met with all of her daughters faces but one. The five of them looking equally panicked as her.

"Girls I don't know what to do," Kris admitted emotionally, "Her location is off and she isn't answering."

"I'm sure she just stayed over night at the studio." Kourtney said hopefully.

"She text me at five to say she was leaving last night," Kylie said, "Do you think something happened to her?"

"I don't know," Kris said, "It is not like her anymore to just leave us on radio silence. If this was a year ago then this would be normal, but it isn't now."

"Do we call the police?" Kim asked, "I don't care if that's being dramatic at this point. She's a young girl who nobody can account for and anything could have happened to her."

"I agree," Khloe said, "Report it."

Kris nodded, "I'll call them now, can one of you call Billie and see if she know's what has happened to her?"

"Yeah, I'll go call her now." Kim said, "I'll go over to the studio and make sure she isn't there too."

"Thanks, Kim." Kris said, "Okay, everyone message everyone she knows to make sure she isn't anywhere else and I'll get to calling the police."

They all hung up the phone and Kim quickly called Billie who was currently sitting in traffic on the way to a meeting.

"Hey, Kim." Billie answered joyfully, "Is everything okay?"

"Not really," Kim said, "No one can find Karla, she isn't with you is she?"

Billie immediately started to worry as she hadn't heard from the other girl either, "No I haven't seen her at all, I had a text from her to say she left the studio and then another to say she went to get a drink, but I assumed she got back home and had gone straight to bed." Billie admitted.

"Really? Did she say where she went?" Kim probed.

Billie shrugged, "The 7 Eleven near her studio, I'm on the freeway close to it. There's a bunch of traffic though but I'll pull in and can ask the cashier or something?" Billie asked, trying to be helpful.

"If you can do that then it would be very helpful, thank you." Kim said, "I'm gonna go tell mom, but please just update us if you hear anything."

Billie of course agreed and sat in her car, suddenly feeling very worried for her girlfriend. The traffic moved slowly and Billie didn't even notice the reason for the traffic was because her girlfriend's car was completely torn apart a few miles down. Exactly where a truck driver found Karla laying on the floor unconscious an hour ago.