Chapter 30

Karla had spent the night talking to Billie on the phone and had fallen asleep with her phone propped up on the pillow. Billie had watched as the girl rested for about 5 minutes before she hung up the call and tried to get some rest herself.

They had spoken about the kiss on the phone last night and had both come clean about how they felt. Billie said that she liked Karla, but was wary of rushing into things because of how her last relationship treated her. So, they agreed to take it slow and just see where things went - they were both busy people with different schedules.

Kim opened Karla's room with the room key and closed the door quietly. Karla was still asleep in bed and Kim went over to the windows and opened the blind to let some light in, hoping to help Karla wake up. She went over and sat down on the bed next to her and started to shake her awake lightly.

"Karla, sweetie..." Kim whispered, "Wake up."

The teen scrunched her face up as she woke, feeling exhausted after only been able to get about four hours sleep after only falling asleep at 5 AM and it being a little past 9 AM now.

"What's up?" Karla mumbled out, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Ken and I have to go back to the studio today and tomorrow." Kim told her, "Some fuck up lost the footage."

"So we're not going home today?" Karla asked, feeling disappointed as she missed her mom and she had planned to see Billie tomorrow.

"Unfortunately we're gonna have to stay for a few more days - maybe four." Kim told her, "Ken has a meeting on Saturday here and it makes sense to just stay and then we can all fly back together, you know she's not too comfortable flying alone."

Karla nodded, "Yeah, that's fine. I understand." She sighed, "I miss mom."

"I'm sure she misses you too." Kim said, smiling softly, "Look, I have to get going. Ken and I should be done by 5-ish and we'll come straight here, we can get dinner or something. Don't leave without security, okay? I'm sure José will take you shopping or something if you want."

"I think I'll just stay here today and chill." Karla smiled, "Order room service and stuff - feeling pretty tired anyway. I hope today goes well."

"Thanks, Kar." Kim said, getting up and making her way towards the door, "We'll keep you updated throughout the day."

Kim left and Karla let out a sigh, turning over in bed and grabbing her phone and letting out a few disgruntled mumbles as she realises it's dead. She puts it on charge and waits for it to turn on. As much as she loves New York, she was feeling ready to go back home today and to have it put off till Sunday feels frustrating. Especially as her sisters wont be there to entertain her... and she really did miss Kris - she'd been used to spending so much time with her mom in the last few months and to be apart from her for so long seems unnatural.

Her phone turned on and she smiled as a text message came through from Billie last night after she must have fallen asleep.

billie [05:34 AM]: sleep well kar. looking forward to seeing u soon:)

karla [09:07 AM]: good morning, hope you got some rest urself! but i'm not getting home till sunday now :( kim and kendall have some shoots to redo and then ken has a meeting saturday

billie [09:09 AM]: ahh shit :/ that's annoying, so are you just on ur own till then?

karla [09:14 AM]: tf are u up for? it's 7 back in la

billie [09:15 AM]: what if i wasn't in la? i mean new york is pretty

Karla frowned in her bed as she read over the text message in confusion. Her eyebrows raised in shock as she heard a knock at the door. She leapt out of bed and over to the door, looking out of the peephole and grinning as she saw a girl with familiar green roots.