Chapter 21

Kendall opened her eyes and then blinked repeatedly, scrunching up her nose in discontent and closing her eyes again.

A soft laughter was heard from beside her, "This is why you shouldn't drink so much, Ken."

"How did I even get to your room?" Kendall murmured, "What happened?"

Deciding to not embarrass Kendall with telling her about her speech about how much she missed Karla, she decided to lie and say, "Not much, you just asked me to go to India with you."

"Oh cool, that's not bad then." Kendall said.

"...Ah yes, and you told me about this new hottie you're seeing." Karla teased, "Renell, right?"

Kendall opened her eyes and finally stared at her sister, "Fuck- oh, jesus. . . please don't tell anyone! It's still pretty new and anyone else would talk to her about it. Please just don't say anything."

Karla smiled, "Relax, I won't say anything."

Karla stood up from the bed and started to make her way over to the bathroom, "I'm going to go and shower. Mom said breakfast is in 40 minutes so get your ass out of bed and take an advil."

Kendall watched Karla go into the bathroom and close the door before sighing and pulling herself out of bed and putting on last night's clothes. Thankfully drunk her was sensible enough to remember her room key, which she found in her pocket. She called out to her sister to tell her she was going to her room, which she got an 'okay' back in response.

Getting back into her room, she found her phone on her bedside table and picked it up, grinning as she found messages from Renell.

Renell 🍒 [12:03 am] - honestly can't believe that you're meant to spit out the wine when you go wine tasting

Renell🍒 [12:03 am] - like why tf would anyone waste wine by doing that??

Renell🍒 [12:51 am] - i hope ur sleeping well now n resting your beautiful eyes :) i'll speak to you tomorrow, yea?? msg me when you wake up :)))

She blindly grabbed her charger to connect her phone as she read through the messages again before typing out a response.

Kendall💗 [10:24 am] - omg ik!! when kim spat out some of the wine i was like ??? omg are u insane ????

Kendall💓 [10:24 am] - turns out she thought i was insane for drinking all the glasses of wine we were given lmao

Kendall💓 [10:25 am] - guess i'm paying for that now tho🥴🥴 i went to karla's room drunk and honestly don't remember a thing but apparently i just invited her on a trip to india

Kendall💓 [10:28 am] - .....and maybe told her about you

Renell🍒 [10:29 am] - omg u did🥺🥺 ur so cute

Renell🍒 [10:30 am] - alsooooo lolll, are u feeling hungover kenny?? how will that play out with kris jenner's jam packed vacation schedule??

Kendall💗 [10:33 am] - honestly not well... got to get ready for breakfast that's in like 25 mins. so i'll talk to you later?? hope u have a great dayyyy!! missing u💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Kendall grinned at her phone for a few more minutes before setting it down and quickly jumping into the shower for a quick rinse off. She had accepted the fact she probably wasn't going to look her best and so only put on some mascara and a bit of concealer, before picking out a simple outfit of shorts and a shirt. She took her phone off charge and shoved it into her pocket before making her way to where she knew her family would be waiting up for her.

"Hey, Kenny." Kris said with a slight grin.

Khloe laughed at the sight of her and shoved her slightly, "How are you feeling this morning?" She asked loudly, making everyone else - but Kendall- laugh.

Kendall pouted slightly, "Not great, I won't lie."

"Get some food in you and you'll feel better, trust me." Kris said, taking Kendall's hand and squeezing it softly, "Over the years I've learnt a thing or two about curing hangovers."

"Wonder why that is." Karla mumbled sarcastically.

Kris turned to her youngest with a playful scowl, "Oi, you!"

Karla chuckled and started to lead her family to the table, feeling very hungry herself and ready to devour as much as she can.

As the family sat around, small talk was made between them all as Karla went onto her instagram. She saw a picture of her old closest friends together from school and smiled sadly at the post. Karla had wanted to get back in contact with them but didn't know how, she hadn't spoke to them in months. She knew Kylie and them kept in contact though, as they were all very concerned with Karla's state so Kylie found it necessary to make sure they were always updated on her wellbeing.

Karla liked the picture and then typed out a comment saying 'you guys all look so gorgeous!!'. She hoped that maybe when she gets back from this trip she can start to rebuild old friendships from school.

"So Karla, are you excited for your big birthday coming up?" Kourtney asked her, after having seen Karla staring at her phone for so long and wanting to bring her back into the conversation.

Karla shrugged with a slight smile, "Honestly, I keep on forgetting it's coming up."

"I just can't believe you're going to be eighteen!" Kris said, "My baby will finally be an adult - you're my last one to reach that milestone."

"That's so crazy." Kim said, "I can remember you being born so well."

"Literally!" Khloe said, "We were all huddled in the delivery room - I think your midwife thought we were all crazy to be there."

Kris laughed, "I just remember seeing her face as you all piled in," She stopped to let out a laugh, "She was like, 'who the hell are all these people?' she thought it was the most people in a delivery room she saw."

"Oh god," Kourtney said, "And we were only going to be getting bigger that day."

"Didn't you name me from a lady who was at the hospital there?" Karla asked in curiosity.

Kris nodded, "We were ready to take you home for the first time and as we left our room, an old lady was being wheeled down the hallway. She was on her last days, but her face lit up when she saw you. We were talking to her and she asked all about you, told us all about herself. Her heart was giving out and she said that seeing you had brightened her day completely - she loved kids. As we said our goodbyes we got you in the car and took you home. We had planned to call you Kara originally, but we had met this lovely lady called Karla. I took you to see her the next day and sat with her all afternoon and she held you on her lap. She died the next day and I felt heartbroken, like I had lost someone I had known for years. Your father and I both agreed that we wanted to call you Karla instead and that's how your name came to be."

"I can't believe you never told me about her before." Karla said with a smile on her face, "Do you have pictures of her at home?"

Kris nodded, "She's in your baby photo book. I'll show you when we get home."

The family ordered their food and ate up quickly before agreeing to have a calm day at the pool today. They had originally planned to go on a boat trip today, but with Kendall's hungover state, they all decided it would be best to save that for tomorrow so they can all enjoy it.

A/N

heyy guys, hope you all enjoy this chapter!!! thanks for the kind comments and support with this book :) if any of you have any ideas of what you want to see then just let me know! i have probably the next 3 chapters planned and a few scenarios i'll be including buttt if there's anything in particular then i'd love to hear!

all the best, jess :)