Chapter 15

Karla sat on the piano in the common room, playing around on the keys, before she naturally began to play River Flows In You. There was about ten other people in the room, but she wasn't fussed in the eyes that naturally gravitated towards her as she got further into the song.

"Damn, rich girl got skills." A voice said, pulling Karla out of her trance, causing the song to end abruptly.

Karla looked over and saw it was the boy who had been teasing her for being in here since she got here two weeks ago. Looking down from feeling embarrassed and sliding away to the corner of the room, trying to ignore the fact that eyes were still locked on her. It didn't help that one of the nurses then came in asking for her.

"Karla?" She called out, "You have a couple visitors waiting for you."

Nodding lightly, Karla made her way over to the nurse and followed her down the corridor and into the 'greeting room' as they liked to call it. In there was Kim, Kendall and Khloe.

Great, Karla thought, definitely not the visitors I was hoping for.

"Hey, baby." Kendall said through her tears - she always got emotional when she came to visit her younger sister.

Karla gave a tight lipped smile and muttered a quiet 'hello', under her breath.

Khloe nodded behind them, "Mom is just talking with your key worker. . ." She said, trailing off, "You look pretty."

"Thanks." Karla said, although her mind was going frantic over the fact her mother was talking to the man in charge of her. What were they saying in there?

Kim was on her phone, not really giving Karla that much of a greeting, which annoyed her. Like, Kylie could have come instead. Kendall looked around uncomfortably, causing the nurse to speak up.

"You girls can all go out into the garden, if you'd like." She told them, "It's not in use right now and I can get someone to take your mother there when she is done with the meeting."

"That sounds nice, thank you." Kim said dismissively, still having her face in her phone, "Karla, you can take us there."

"Sure." Karla mumbled, keeping her eyes trained on the floor as she directed the party to the garden and sat down on a chair around one of the tables, causing the other three to follow.

"Kar, I was thinking that Kylie and I could bring dad here sometime soon." Kendall said, tracing shapes on the table, "Unless if that would overwhelm you."

Karla frowned, "I'm not too fragile in the way that I can't deal with my own dad coming to see me."

"Well you're obviously pretty fragile, otherwise you wouldn't be in here, would you?" Kim said, piping up and putting her phone down.

Khloe and Kendall both looked at Kim awkwardly, giving her a look as if to say "was that completely necessary?".

"Shut the fuck up, Kimberly." Karla said through gritted teeth, "It was your fucking choice in admitting me."

"And I happen to think I had a pretty good reason to do so." Kim fought back, "You were being reckless and endangering, not just yourself, but other people around you. Especially with that weird girl."

"I said to shut up!" Karla yelled, "Why the hell are you even here anyway? All you've done here is insult me and have your fucking nose in that fucking phone."