Chapter 20

It had been a few months of Karla's therapy and things were really looking up for her. She still felt very low but was learning how to deal with her emotions and talk about her feelings. Her days were busy with her various family members doing lots of different things.

Due to her improvements, she had been granted a ten day break from therapy so that she would be able to go on vacation with her family to Italy. It was a 'girls trip' with all of her sisters and her mom and honestly, Karla was so excited. It had been a while since they had all gone away with just them without the drama of kids and partners.

It was June and the temperatures in Italy were looking beautiful and she had never been before so was really looking forward to exploring somewhere new. Plus, she was really looking forward to the pasta - Kendall had been raving about the pasta there for years.

The early morning of Thursday rolled around and everyone was situated on the airplane getting ready to set flight to Rome. Karla was sat next to Kylie and had her airpods in and was listening to crime podcasts, she felt very tired and so was sure she would be asleep within the next few hours of the flight.

Only about 30 minutes into the flight was Karla sound asleep, leaning into the window and breathing heavily.

"Is she asleep?" Khloe whispered out.

Kylie looked down at her and nodded.

"Okay great, because I was thinking about her birthday coming up." Khloe started, "And-"

"Khlo, I really don't think she'll be interested in a party." Kim told her, cutting her off before Khloe could even get her ideas out.

Khloe scoffed, "That was not what I was going to say." Rolling her eyes she continued, "I was just saying that as a gift we should maybe get her a dog..."

Everyone turned their attention to Kris who rolled her eyes and sighed.

"What?" Kris questioned, "Why would we do that? I don't want a dog in my home thank you very much."

Kendall chuckled, but knew how to get through to her mom, "She would love one! Karla always talks about how much she would want a golden retriever."

"Exactly!" Khloe said, "Plus I was reading on it all last night and it said that there is a lot of evidence to show that pets increase levels of self confidence and happiness."

Kris looked at her other daughters who were yet to say anything on it, hoping for some back up.

"I think it's a good idea."

"She would definitely love it."

"It would be the perfect gift for her."

"Ugh, okay. I will think about it, okay?" Kris said, grabbing her phone to busy herself with it and try to end the conversation.

Khloe sat back in her seat with a grin on her face, knowing that Kris would do anything to make Karla happy these days, so believing well and truly they were on way to get Karla the dog she had always wanted.

*******

The family had been in Italy for a few days now and were heading to a vineyard this afternoon to do some wine tasting and have some dinner. They had booked rooms here tonight as well so they wouldn't have to travel back into the city drunk. Karla was looking forward to it because she was legally able to drink as well in Italy and was intrigued to have some different wines than the usual sips of wine from her mothers glasses.

Karla was wearing a loose dress that went down to her ankles and some Dr Martens. Compared to her sisters, she looked very lowkey but this was the most dressy she had been in a while and her family couldn't stop complimenting her.