Chapter 31

a/n heyheyhey, not the usual 3 month wait aye

The New York trip had come to an end and Kris was awaiting the four girls at the airport - giving them lifts back to their homes. Billie and Kris met - the older women completely oblivious to the fading hickey's that littered her daughter's neck and chest beneath the turtle neck shirt - and got on well with the girl. Karla had been straight off of the flight and into her mother's arms, taking in her mother's scent and wondering how she'd get along with her trip away to London which was now fast approaching.

Karla had spent the day back in LA with Kris and Toast after reuniting with the puppy she had missed just as much as her mom. The days that followed were quite a bit busier than that though, as she hung out again with some of her old school friends - Rue, Emma, Charlie and Olivia. She went with Kylie to one of her baby scan and then went to hang out with Kourtney and the kids. The busy days though, were carried with a painful feeling in her stomach and a constant nauseous feeling that she couldn't seem to shake.

Today though, she woke up feeling even worse. She definitely had a fever as she woke in the morning having sweat through her pyjamas and her skin feeling painful to touch. But, the family had a photoshoot planned and it was one of the only days they all had free to get the pictures done. They were just an annual thing the family did - so they could all look back on, not to be published. So, she pulled herself up and into the shower and got dressed in the clothes she had planned the night before.

As she made her way downstairs, her family were all situated around the house and already arrived. Most of her sisters were in full glam and the kids were all decked out in some fancy getup and a camera crew had arrived and were setting up lights and fancy equipment in the foyer.

"Hey there, sweet cheeks." Kylie greeted her, "Loving the outfit."

Karla smiled at Kylie and gave her a compliment back, "How long do you reckon this will take then?"

Kylie shrugged, "Might be done by three?"

Karla internally groaned as she struggled to focus on anything but the pain and the thought of having to be busy until the afternoon was only making the pain feel worse. She excused herself to the kitchen, going to fetch some water, pills and perhaps some dry toast to try and make herself feel somewhat better.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Kris said, catching Karla in the hallway, "Can you go and let Toast run around in the garden to let off some steam? He's pretty crazy right now."

"Uh, sure."

"Thanks honey, he's just with Ken in the living room at the moment."

Karla sighed and went to try and find the excitable puppy - Kendall ended up coming outside with her in the garden and was throwing the ball around for Toast whilst Karla just stood beside her feeling sick.

"You okay?" Kendall asked, panting slightly from having ran around with Toast briefly, "You're very quiet."

The teen shrugged, "Just feeling a bit sick is all."

Kendall frowned in response and brought the back of her hand up to Karla's forehead, her eyes widening in shock as she felt how warm she was, "Shit, Karla." She said, "You're burning up."

She pulled back and winced as a strong pain shot through her abdomen, "I'll be okay."

Kendall shook her head, "Maybe you should go back to bed."

"No, no." Karla disputed, "I'll be fine - I probably just ate something bad. I can rest after the shoot."

Kendall looked at her warily, but chose not to say anything else as she assumed it would just be shot down by the teen anyway. They made their way inside and over towards their family members who were already getting ready for the first group photo. Karla was just feeling worse and worse as each minute went by.