Chapter 14

Telling Karla that she was going to be sent to a rehabilitation centre that day was hard. She didn't say anything, she didn't even cry - she just looked onwards like she had accepted her fate, even if it wasn't what she wanted. Karla had officially been defeated.

Kylie and Kendall accompanied Kris in taking Karla to the clinic. They got a small tour around the site and got to meet Karla's future therapists. When it come to them leaving, Karla just nodded her head and waved them off, following the nurse back to her room in a melancholic manner.

Karla sat on her new bed, chewing on her finger nails in an anxious manner. She was wearing her PINK black sweater and some nike sweatpants, along with some sneakers, her hair was in a messy bun and her eyes were sunken in with dark circles underneath. Her eyes were trained down on her lap, but her ears were carefully listening out to the nurse who was packing her things away.

Her family had left Mayfield clinic (promising they would be back tomorrow) about half an hour ago - it was about four in the afternoon now and Karla hadn't cried about this situation yet. She was waiting until she was alone before she could properly let out her emotions. Up until this point, all she had been was quiet - radio silence.

The only clothes she had with her were simple sweaters, leggings and jeans. Completely different attire to what she had recently been accustomed to, which made Karla feel even more ugly than she had already felt.

"Karla, your things are packed away now. You have group therapy, which I will now take you to, and then you will have dinner after that." The nurse told her.

Karla nodded and stood up to follow the young woman through hallways and into a light open room, with chairs all in a circle. There were about ten people in there already, most of their eyes widened when they saw her, presumably having recognised her.

"Guys, this is Karla and she is new here." The nurse introduced her, "Be kind to her, you all know what your first few days were like so be sympathetic towards her, okay?"

They all nodded, half of them looking a lot happier to be here than the other half.

"Karla, why don't you go and sit over there with Grace, she's very sweet." The nurse said, pointing over to a blonde haired girl, who had her hair up in a bun and looked fairly well presented.

"Okay." Karla said quietly, walking over and sitting down on the chair, bringing her knees up to her chest.

Karla had always been a small girl and used to struggle gaining weight as a child, but the last few months she really hasn't been eating much, so has become even more small, having her clothes become too big for her.

"Hey," Grace said, "I'm Grace, though you already knew that."

Karla chuckled lightly, though her eyes didn't light up to match the sound that was elicited.

"What is this like?" Karla asked.

Grace frowned, fiddling a with a loose thread on her jeans, "The clinic or group therapy?"

"Uh, both?" Karla mumbled.

Grace shrugged, "We just talk about our problems and listen to mumbo-jumbo. The clinic is just...well, it's not too bad."

"How long have you been here?" Karla asked.

Grace sighed, "Nearly five months."

"What?" Karla asked, "Do most people spend that much time here?"

"Uhm, yeah." Grace said sheepishly, knowing that the girl in front of her did not want to hear that.

Karla stayed quiet after that, thinking to herself that talking and asking questions really didn't do her very good. Group therapy started and Karla was introduced and was allowed to just observe this session and not have to talk unless if she wanted to.

The group was led to the dining hall and, once again, Karla sat with Grace, along with a couple of others. Karla played with her food, not really wanting to eat her sausage and mash.

"Why is she even in here?" Karla heard a boy whisper to his friend, "She's living the life of luxury at home. Do you think her mommy got her the wrong Ferrari?"

After a while, she got agitated of the loud noises of chatter and cutlery scraping the plates and the guy who was not so discreetly talking bad about her. She just stood up and walked away from the table swiftly, feeling tearful all of a sudden - no matter where she went, there would always be someone who dismissed her feelings because of her family's socio-economic background.

"Karla, you're meant to stay until the dinner hour is over. You didn't even eat anything." One nurse said, blocking her exit.

"I don't give a fuck." Karla cursed, "Let me out."

"No, you cannot leave until-"

Karla growled and roughly pushed the woman to the side, storming past her and running in any direction she could see to get away. This was over, everything was going to be over. Running into a room at the end of one of the corridors, Karla leant back on the doorframe, closing her eyes and panting as she became out of breath.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the dining hall?"

Karla turned her head to the side, her eyes following up to a woman dressed in a suit sat on her chair at a desk, looking intently at Karla with concerned eyes.

And that was all it took. The genuine concern in the strangers eyes was all it took for Karla to start sobbing. She dropped to the floor, putting her head in her hands and letting out sob after sob after sob. The older woman crouched down to the troubled teens level and placed a gentle hand on her back, letting her cry out everything she had kept trapped inside for years.

A/N
This is extra extra bad, with a lack of dialogue.