Chapter 23

The trip had come to an end - it had been a great ten day trip away for them all. They all seemed to have bonded in ways they hadn't before and it was easy for them all to admit that they were sad to be going back home. Karla had never seemed happier and it was a breath of fresh air for them all who had become so used to her so upset for all her years prior.

It was now the week before Karla's birthday and the family are back together again, this time with all the kids and partners. Pretty much everyone had a very special gift idea for her, but they had all agreed for this one particular gift to be from them all and they were so excited to give it to her.

"So, Kar, did you want a party or anything like that?" Kris asked, "Or just like a small dinner or what?"

"Uh. . ." She dragged out, "I mean, I'd love to have something like this and maybe have dad and everyone from that side too? Maybe a few friends too?"

Kris grinned and nodded, "Of course! Ah this will be great, I'm so excited!"

Karla giggled and sat back in her seat slightly to put her foot up on the chair to readjust her position.

"Do you want it on your birthday?" Kris asked, to which Karla shrugged and nodded, "Okay great! I'll start some organising."

As the dinner finished and everyone else was scattered outside, Karla realised that Kendall was missing. She left Penelope and North playing by themselves and ventured into the house to try and find her sister, who had seemed rather quiet throughout the whole dinner.

It wasn't long till she found her sister sat at the kitchen island with her phone up to her ear, looking incredibly upset.

"I know we're not official or anything, but I just can't believe you kissed him." Kendall said, her tone pretty emotional, "I was right there in front of you as well."

Karla was able to immediately understand that she was on the phone to Renell and that they were having quite the heated discussion.

"Can you just give me some space?" Kendall said, after having clearly listened to Renell's reply, "I just need some time to think some things over, okay? I'll call you when I'm ready."

Kendall hung up and put the phone on the counter before sighing to herself, willing herself not to cry when her family could see her.

"Hey, Ken." Karla said softly, walking towards her clearly very upset sister, "You okay?"

Kendall let out a breathy cry and wiped under her eye as the first tear started to fall.

"Renell fucking kissed this guy right in front of me last night." Kendall told her, tears flowing quickly now, "I just feel like such a fucking idiot."

Karla rushed over to her and put her arm around her sobbing sister and rubbed her back.

"Awh, I'm so sorry." Karla said, "You don't deserve that."

The two pulled back from the hug and Karla sat on the chair next to her.

"I just don't know if what we had was as serious to her as it was me." Kendall said, sniffling and wiping at her eyes, "I mean, we never even labelled what we were, maybe all I was to her was sex."

Karla leant across to grab a tissue and handed it to Kendall, "Maybe you should talk to her and have that conversation. What did she say about it?"