Chapter 29

Karla stared at her text messages for a while as she contemplated the reply she would send in response to Billie. The girl was clearly confessing her feelings to liking her...but, then again...was she just reaching and Billie didn't mean that in the slightest. Karla typed out one or two or perhaps ten variations of messages to send but none of them seemed appropriate. They seemed too cringe or uncomfortable, so eventually she just decided to leave it till the morning.

So, Karla ended up with a night full of tossing and turning as she checked the time about every few hours, just willing for the morning to come. A part of her wished Billie had sent the flow of messages just an hour later so she could have gotten a peaceful night sleep.

Either way though, it probably would have caused her morning to be the same. Texting Kim and Kendall a SOS message and requesting to have a room service breakfast in her room instead of going out for it, like the original plan was.

"What do I say?" Karla whined, placing her hand on her forehead as two of her sisters read through Billie's messages.

Kendall shrugged, "I mean, this is good right?" She said, "She pretty much just told you that she likes you."

"Yeah, this is super cute." Kim smiled at her as she read back over the words on the screen, "I think you should just tell her that you're looking forward to seeing her and that you understand where she's coming from."

"I think so too." Kendall added, "She was clearly just unsure of her feelings when you guys kissed and she's probably dying for your response." She said, passing on the phone to her youngest sister, "You should reply to her."

Karla groaned and began typing, but started to feel awkward, "Fuck, tell me what to say."

Kim chuckled, "Kar, this should be coming from you, not from us."

Karla mumbled a few profanities under her breath before saying, "Jesus, you guys are no help."

Her sister's just laughed, not taking it to heart as they began to dig into their food, leaving Karla to reply to Billie with a slight pink tinge to her cheeks.

karla [10:23 AM] - i'll let you know when i come back and we can hang out at mine or something and talk things through

karla [10:24 AM] - don't worry, i'm not mad about how things were left and you don't need to be sorry. everything just happened so quickly

karla [10:24 AM] - i'll look forward to seeing you though :) i've missed hearing from you these last few days!!

Karla let out a large sigh as she sent her last message off to Billie. She grabbed a knife and started to spread the strawberry jam onto a slice of toast and then swiftly began to shove the bread into her mouth. Kim and Kendall exchanged a few glances as they noted the way Karla's eyes kept looking back over to her phone screen, anxiously awaiting a reply.

"So, what do you guys want to do today?" Kim asked as she took a sip of her tea, "We could go on that Helicopter ride over the city. I know you wanted to do that, Kar."

The teen shrugged, "You would both be scared shitless." She said, "We can do something we all want to do. Why don't we go to Liberty Island, get a boat over there, or something?"

Karla looked up with a small smile, trying to will herself to forget her Billie drama so she could enjoy her day. She didn't want it to ruin her day where her mind was too focused on one thing - she was in New York and she'd want to enjoy it.

Kendall nodded, "Sounds nice, I can message José and get him to look for some bookings." She said, picking up her phone and sending over a quick text.

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Kim said, "The sun is hot today, we'll have to put on a bunch of sunscreen if we're going on the boat. Mom would kill me if you came back with sun burn, Kar."