Chapter 32

Karla had spent two nights in the hospital and, although she was kept entertained through her copious amounts of visits from her family, there was only one visit she was really after. Originally, she could have been out today, but she had a bit of a fever yesterday and so the doctors said she should stay in an extra night for monitoring. Kris had stayed by her side the 48 hours, but Karla knew she hadn't gotten much sleep and so told her she should go home tonight. Instead, Kim would be staying with her and would check her out tomorrow if all goes to plan - Kim claiming that she could do with a night without the kids anyway.

The crossover between her mom leaving and Kim coming this afternoon meant that she would have about three hours alone. However, Kendall had brought her a Nintendo Switch for her to keep herself entertained in the hospital bed. She had been playing Mario Bro's for the last few days and had become obsessed with trying to finish the levels so she knew she wouldn't be bored.

When a soft knock disturbed her, she looked up briefly as she expected to see a nurse coming to check up on her. She did a double take however when she saw the green haired girl making her way in with a small smile gracing her face as she held a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Billie," Karla grinned, "I thought you were busy today."

"I have a few hours between meetings." Billie told her, coming to sit on the chair on Karla's bedside, "You get out tomorrow hopefully, it would be bad of me if I never visited the wounded soldier."

Karla chuckled, "'The wounded soldier'?" She said, "I appreciate the visit, and the flowers."

"Oh these?" Billie said, shaking the flowers lightly, "What makes you think these are for you?" She teased with a smirk, "These might be for the rich old white guy I'll see at my next meeting."

"You're so annoying." Karla breathed out, grabbing her glass of water and taking a few sips.

Billie laughed and placed the flowers on the window edge and then leaned towards Karla to give her a soft kiss on her forehead.

"How are you feeling anyway?" She asked, "No more fever?"

Karla shook her head, "Nope, no fever." She told her, "I'm good, my stomach aches a little, but nowhere as bad as it was before."

"Good, you made me worried when I heard you had been rushed to hospital for surgery." Billie said, "TMZ had a fucking field day," She rolled her eyes.

Karla chuckled, "I saw." she said, "And I saw the tweets speculating on why I was here." Karla said, "Apparently I had an overdose of cocaine."

"Oh really?" Billie asked sarcastically, "Because I heard that you got into a car wreck and had broken many a bone."

Karla laughed, "I'm glad you're here." She smiled, "I've missed you this week."

Billie smiled shyly, "I missed you too," She said, as she placed her hand on the bed and gestured for Karla to take it - to which she did, "When you're better I want to take you out somewhere."

Karla blushed and nodded, "I'd like that," She said as she glanced down at Billie's lips, wishing she could lean forward and capture them between her own but knowing if she did, she would be in agony with her stitches.

Luckily for her though, Billie got the hint and moved from the chair to perch on the edge of her bed. She leant down as she began to caress her cheek and then met the girls lips as they began to move softly together in unison. The two of them felt like they could stay this way forever, just the two of them in each other's company.

The door opened quickly and the pair pulled apart hastily, looking to see who the intruder was.

"Ooh, girls." Khloe teased, "No need to stop on our account."