Chapter 22

Everyone had gotten up very early this morning to make the trip down to the dock where they would get picked up and travel in a boat all around the western coast of Italy. There would be snorkelling and jumping into the sea opportunities and Karla was buzzing - this was the exact type of day trip that Karla enjoyed.

When the boat first set off, Karla and Kim were sat next to each other chatting about Karla getting a job. Since Karla came out of hospital, Kim and Karla had gotten super close and did a lot together. Karla was often at Kim's house or following her to a photoshoot or business meeting, even if it was just to sit in the dressing room for the day. The two had never been particularly close since Karla became a teenager and it was nice for them to become that.

"Y'know how last night I was talking about wanting to go travelling and stuff?" Karla mentioned, and having Kim nodding straightaway, "Well, I know I have money saved from shoots and Keeping Up that I can use to spend it on that, but I want to have an actual job to help gain experience and stuff. I also was thinking it may be good to help me get back on my feet."

Kim grinned, "I think that would be a brilliant idea, Kar! What kind of job were you thinking of?"

"Well, I still obviously don't want to release my own music or anything like that, but I'm still interested in music and I was wondering if Kanye would know of any recording studios that would need hiring? Even if it was just me getting coffee and stuff, but I'd just love to be surrounded by an atmosphere like that." Karla explained to her sister.

"Of course! I'll talk to him about it tonight, I'm sure he'll know of something like that, that you'll be able to get involved with." Kim told her enthusiastically, "I really am sorry by the way. . .I never took 'no' for an answer and was always pressuring you to to release music or be more active with social events. It was really wrong of me and I want you to know that I'm always going to be so proud of you, regardless of what path you take in life."

Karla looked into Kim's eyes and could see how genuine she was. She felt slightly emotional to hear her sister's admission and felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders to hear her say that she would be proud of her even if she didn't take on a lifestyle in the public eye. It felt like Karla was getting through to each and every one of her family member's and nothing felt more special to her than that.

"Thank you, Kim." Karla said, "That really means a lot to hear you say."

The two shared a hug and shed a few tears before having their moment cut short with Kylie yelling out to them.

"Guys, we're making a stop!" She told them, "We can jump off and into the sea!"

Karla immediately jumped off and started taking off her shorts and shirt, throwing them onto the floor. She looked back at Kim and saw her still sat down, not making a move to go and jump.

"You not gonna go in?" Karla questioned.

Kim shook her head, "I don't think so, but you guys go. I'll get some good videos and pics for you all."

"Why? Are you too scared your diamond earring will come off in the ocean again?" Karla asked with a smirk on her face.

Her comment was well received by her family members who all laughed loudly.

Kim rolled her eyes in good manner and decided to jump in with her sisters. Kris was choosing to step down into the sea with the ladder, but everyone else was going for the big jump.

All sisters lined up on the edge of the boat and held hands before counting down from three to all leap into the sea together. The captain of the ship was kind enough to film the jump for the sisters, who would no doubt all cherish the video.