Chapter 19

"Well that went awfully." Kendall muttered, staring in disbelief in the direction of where her sister had just ran off in.

Kris shook her head and walked over to the fridge and getting out a bottle of wine and a glass from the cupboard, pouring herself a glass and taking a swig of it. She really was at a loss with how to deal with Karla, she felt like she was just running around in circles trying to help.

"Maybe that was a good thing to happen," Kris shrugged, "It's the most she's told us in ages."

Kendall nodded, "True. I feel bad for raising my voice though."

"Our emotions are all up in the air at the moment." Kris told her, "I think it was bound to happen at some point. You and Kylie have always been so patient and loving with her - I never thanked you for that. You always looked out for her when I was too busy to notice anything wrong with her."

Kendall breathed in emotionally, "We just want what's best for her." She said, "And so do you, mom. Maybe our family dynamic just doesn't work well."

Kris nodded, "We need a break from it all. At least keep Karla away from it all, you guys can do your events and things, but I do not want any public talk coming into the house anymore. I think that's what she needs."

"I think you're right." Kendall told her, "Maybe we need a family get together - something fun and lowkey. We'll all help with the cooking and just have fun as a family. It might do Karla good to have something to do and look forward to."

"That's a great idea, Kenny." Kris smiled, "I'll organise something for the weekend, yeah?"

Kendall and Kris continued to converse well into the evening, not wanting to go and disturb Karla as they felt like she probably just wished to be alone right now. It was about 7:30 when Kendall decided to go upstairs and say goodbye to her sister and to clear the air before she went.

Knocking quietly on the bedroom door, Kendall heard a quiet 'yeah' come through, before she walked inside. Her sister was laying on her bad, staring at the ceiling. There was music softly playing though her speakers in the background, but other than that it seemed as though she hadn't been doing anything since she left downstairs.

"Hey, Kar." Kendall smiled, walking over to her bed and sitting down.

Karla slightly looked over and gave the smallest of smiles, "Hi."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how I spoke to you downstairs." She started, "It was out of line and nobody's feeling's are as important as yours are when it comes to what you're dealing with. All I wanted was for you to understand is how much we all love you and how much we care about you. We want you to get better for yourself - there is so much out there. Life isn't confined to Keeping Up and likes on instagram or High School. You can do anything you want."

"Thanks, Ken." Karla smiled, sitting up softly, "I'm really sorry about what I said to you too. It was rude and childish."

Kendall shook her head, "It doesn't matter." She replied, "Can I please just have a hug?"

Karla laughed emotionally and scooted over to her sister before wrapping her arms around her and squeezing her tightly. Kendall squeezed her just as tightly and smiled through the lone tear that ran down her cheeks. The two stayed there for a few minutes - soaking up the comfort that the other one brought. Kendall cherished moments when she got to see Karla's raw and emotional side as she knew it didn't come out often.

"Okay well," Kendall said as she slowly pulled away, "I have to go home and sort out the dogs."

Karla nodded and smiled.

"Mom said she was gonna sort out some dinner for you guys so you can either go down or she'll bring it up, okay?" Kendall told her.

"Sounds good." Karla told her, "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

Kendall nodded and said goodbye to her sister and then her mother as she left the house to go back to her own.

***

Saturday rolled around soon enough the whole family were around. Karla was dressed in clothes that weren't sweats and a hoodie and seemed cheery enough whilst she sat around with North and Penelope.

The older sisters looked over at Karla with a smile on their faces, loving the thought of seeing her so content and happy. They knew that it was all mostly an act, but they liked seeing her so carefree, even if it would only be for a day.

"She looks better." Khloe said, moving her head in the direction of the youngest sister.

Kris grinned, "I think she was excited to have something planned for the day."

"Maybe we should arrange more things for her to do so her life doesn't just revolve around going to therapy." Kourtney suggested, "We could each have days where we do something nice with her."

"I'd love that." Kylie said, "I think that would be a good way to try and get her back on her feet. She won't get better just moping around here all day everyday."

"Another thing I wanted to talk to you all about," Kris started, "Was that I think we need to stop involving Karla in all of the details with the press and public life. I don't want her to be subjected to all the details about it all. I'm stopping the filming of Keeping Up With The Kardashians for at least six months - the press statement will go out tomorrow for that. I think we could all do with a break from all it for the time being."

The sisters all nodded in agreeance with their mother, knowing it was what they would all need for the foreseeable future. They all looked ahead and wondered what the next few months would look like.

A/N

yo guysss!! first of all, i hope you guys are all keeping safe and well throughout these absolutely crazy times. second of all, i apologise for this pretty shitty chapter - i don't know how many more chapters this book will see but, seeing as i have so much time these days, i felt like i would try and get something out.

byeee :)